• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I would like Ridley's pummel to be a bite. I was disapointed in Wolf because his pummel wasn't a bite in Brawl.
I've only seen Wolf in Starfox:Assault and Brawl, and in that he seems like he'd be too classy of a guy to go bite someone.

Long explanation why I think this:
Sure a lot of characters on the roster could do more damage by biting something, but the only ones that actually bite people are Yoshi, Bowser, and Charizard. Charizard does bite every now and then in the anime, and he can learn that move in game. Yoshi is all about eating things/putting it in his mouth, so that explains why he chews instead of grabbing people with his hands (and it'd look akward since he has such tiny arms and a giant head). Bowser is generally made to be intimidating (when he's not in a spinoff game that is), Smash bros just took the intimidation thing to a new level (hence why he acts more like a beast than Bowser), so that's probably why he bites.

With his personality and fighting style. Biting just wouldn't seem right. But hey, all opinions, this one is mine. :p

@Topic of Ridley
Ridley would fit no matter what size, because I figure the net will change size depending on who is in it or if they have mushrooms. Otherwise it'd look silly with tiny characters, and clipping problems with larger characters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They'd have to cartoonize Ridley quite a lot to make him put people in his mouth like Yoshi, since his mouth looks like it's not flexible in the slightest. Yes he has a very big head, but it's mostly just really long, it's not really wide enough to hide a body. Possibly he could grab enemies with his mouth by tilting his head sideways.

I guess it might not work out liked I thought it would. But I can't really see the entire body being held in his mouth, more so like he's holding them in his teeth but the opponent is still visible.

Like Chandelure said, a tail grab could work too. But perhaps as a command grab, like the Koopa Klaw.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't like the idea of Ridley grabbing his opponents with his mouth. Personally I think should grab them with his hands or tail, or possibly one of his hands and his tail, he could use a bite attack as his pummel.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I've only seen Wolf in Starfox:Assault and Brawl, and in that he seems like he'd be too classy of a guy to go bite someone.

Long explanation why I think this:
Sure a lot of characters on the roster could do more damage by biting something, but the only ones that actually bite people are Yoshi, Bowser, and Charizard. Charizard does bite every now and then in the anime, and he can learn that move in game. Yoshi is all about eating things/putting it in his mouth, so that explains why he chews instead of grabbing people with his hands (and it'd look akward since he has such tiny arms and a giant head). Bowser is generally made to be intimidating (when he's not in a spinoff game that is), Smash bros just took the intimidation thing to a new level (hence why he acts more like a beast than Bowser), so that's probably why he bites.

With his personality and fighting style. Biting just wouldn't seem right. But hey, all opinions, this one is mine. :p

@Topic of Ridley
Ridley would fit no matter what size, because I figure the net will change size depending on who is in it or if they have mushrooms. Otherwise it'd look silly with tiny characters, and clipping problems with larger characters.

His jab features a bite though.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
His jab features a bite though.
Seriously? I guess I need to watch more videos of Wolf then. Just watching him at a glance, he just looks like he plays like Fox+Falco, except a bit more flashy. Yes, I know the moves are a lot different. Most videos I watch of Wolf are either casuals picking random , or Wolf vs Lucario. Otherwise I prefer to watch Fox+Falco (Unless I know there's a player that know how to make Wolf move faster than Fox/Falco). Thing is I've seen enough Fox+Falco style gameplay, from Melee, the small changes done to Wolf aren't enough to make me want to watch him. I do wonder why I don't see people use the jab more often.

I wish I had brawl. Someday I shall have it, for now I just have to watch videos of it in my spare time.

@Topic
Yeah, I only see Ridley grabbing with his arms or tail. Anything else would probably look weird.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ridley could easily be caught in the Villager's butterfly net. If it has wings and flies, a butterfly net can catch it!

D

Deleted member

I was wondering something you probably won't like.

Imagine an incoming Metroid game, Ridley has an alternate humanoid form ala Ganondorf, and Sakurai decides to make his normal form as a Final Smash ala Ganon.

Your thoughts about it ?

*prepare his Aegislash's Shield Form*

EDIT : (I also wonder if I haven't asked this question before. :ohwell:)

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I was wondering something you probably won't like.

Imagine an incoming Metroid game, Ridley has an alternate humanoid form ala Ganondorf, and Sakurai decides to make his normal form as a Final Smash ala Ganon.

Your thoughts about it ?

*prepare his Aegislash's Shield Form*

EDIT : (I also wonder if I haven't asked this question before. :ohwell:)
Run away Simba, run away and never return.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well that just gave me a weird idea/thought of some crazy human within the Federation's inner circle or somethin' injecting himself with Ridley's DNA, thus making said person become more and more like Ridley over time.

Since Samus was injected with Metroid DNA to save her life from the X, that would be kind of an interesting contrast, and another way for Ridley to live on, so to speak.

D

Deleted member

....I love it.
Even better would be that the Federation, knowing Anthony's and Samus' relationship, forces this into Anthony as means to take down Samus.
As if having to deal with the revival of her archenemy wasn't bad enough, imagine the Hell Samus would have to go through if said revival was her closest friend who is unwillingly hunting her down because of Ridley's influence.

EDIT: Then, if she isn't forced to kill him and instead can find a way to override Ridley's control, she would have a kickass space dragon man sidekick.

D

Deleted member

....I love it.
Even better would be that the Federation, knowing Anthony's and Samus' relationship, forces this into Anthony as means to take down Samus.
As if having to deal with the revival of her archenemy wasn't bad enough, imagine the Hell Samus would have to go through if said revival was her closest friend who is unwillingly hunting her down because of Ridley's influence.

EDIT: Then, if she isn't forced to kill him and instead can find a way to override Ridley's control, she would have a kickass space dragon man sidekick.
It is such an honor to be approved by the golden Entei.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
....I love it.

This has deviated into some sort of weird, awful fanfiction.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Since Ridley is a space dragon, does the Galaxy stage confirm Ridley. :troll:
It's sad that some people just can't see the OBVIOUS hints that Sakurai give to us:

In this pic we have :
-A pirate ship in space which is a reference to the space pirates.
-A purple flying being using a spaceship, like Ridley.
-Planet-sized playable characters, still not big enough for Ridley to be his canon size but you get the point.
-A fire breathing monster, like Ridley.
-The Metroid guy of course.

In this one we have :
-The pirate ship and fire breathing monster again.
-Another spaceship, this time with the shape of a mushroom, a reference to Ridley's modified size in this game.
-A blonde woman, like the Metroid guy girlfriend.
-The yellow digimon who fight against Ridley in smash bros melee with the help of Metroid.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's sad that some people just can't see the OBVIOUS hints that Sakurai give to us:

In this pic we have :
-A pirate ship in space which is a reference to the space pirates.
-A purple flying being using a spaceship, like Ridley.
-Planet-sized playable characters, still not big enough for Ridley to be his canon size but you get the point.
-A fire breathing monster, like Ridley.
-The Metroid guy of course.

In this one we have :
-The pirate ship and fire breathing monster again.
-Another spaceship, this time with the shape of a mushroom, a reference to Ridley's modified size in this game.
-A blonde woman, like the Metroid guy girlfriend.
-The yellow digimon who fight against Ridley in smash bros melee with the help of Metroid.
WAAAAYYYY Over thinking this.... You get golden Donut!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm so bored.

...Hey, I know! I'll try to think up a legitimate reason why Ridley shouldn't be included in smash!

..........I got nothin

Top Bottom