• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

I am calling you Metroid Fusion, then. HOW ABOUT THAT
Let me join the party, I'm calling you Laire
...I want a Nickname too... :cry:

Inb4 everyone starts to think I'm addicted to attention, I'm not actually sad nor addicted to attention (to approval/perfection though? Yeah), I do want a catchy nickname though.
Nah, don't feel like doing it

D

Deleted member

I am not really taking this Ridley's gender discussion seriously, but... are you really using fan art and fan fiction as arguments here? xD

Also, Ridley is a perfectly fine name for females.

Tell me the name of a game you hate and that will be your nickname. :p
I don't know, Ride to Hell: Retribution seems like a pretty odd Nickname. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Let me join the party, I'm calling you Laire

Nah, don't feel like doing it
HA. HAHA.

My facial expression right now ^
I can only tolerate so many avatar puns during a 24 hr. period. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
See, the debate was so entertaining that it served as an incentive for more people to join the forums.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its coming soon but I have a 2.0 of the shadow pin point comparison coming soon.

(just finished the pictures just need to upload 1 by 1, its going to take a little bit.)

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Not really sure what to say at the moment

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Ridley is female, does this mean she has higher priority in the newcomer list for SSB4?

But seriously, I'm like 99.9% sure he's male. Ridley has always been one of the more humanoid aliens in this series, and his Other M form is as masculine as it can get.

D

Deleted member

See, the debate was so entertaining that it served as an incentive for more people to join the forums.
If only we could entice the other 16 guests that are viewing this thread to join in our Ridley Gender Discussion.

That's right, fear the Creepy Smile of Based Nic Cage.

Don't like it? Hurry up and:

or he will haunt you forever.

:troll:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If Ridley is female, does this mean she has higher priority in the newcomer list for SSB4?

But seriously, I'm like 99.9% sure he's male. Ridley has always been one of the more humanoid aliens in this series, and his Other M form is as masculine as it can get.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Funny or cute animals gifs are now your specialty.
Well... If that's the case... Then I shall provide more!

I can also provide this Ridley if you so desire. Spoiler'd cause large.

wait that's not cute or funny that's just a walkcycle
it's the cutest and funniest gif I could find of Ridley so shut up, let's see if you can find anything better future me
what about that one from earlier in the thread
shut up future me obviously somebody already posted that one
This gif isn't even that large!

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's definitely a male. Don't believe me? Well, see his tail in Other M? That's actually his genitalia, but an accident while he was the Little Birdie caused it to grow the wrong way (so it looks like a tail), and he smashed a plate that was as too big as he is once and a shard got rammed deeeeep in there. That's what the "spike" is. His cries as you fight him are cries of pain because the shard's being embedded deeper.

I agree, come join in the discussion, guests!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

wait that's not cute or funny that's just a walkcycle
it's the cutest and funniest gif I could find of Ridley so shut up, let's see if you can find anything better future me
what about that one from earlier in the thread
shut up future me obviously somebody already posted that one
This gif isn't even that large!
I'm going to borrow that ridley gif

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley's definitely a male. Don't believe me? Well, see his tail in Other M? That's actually his genitalia, but an accident while he was the Little Birdie caused it to grow the wrong way (so it looks like a tail), and he smashed a plate that was as too big as he is once and a shard got rammed deeeeep in there. That's what the "spike" is. His cries as you fight him are cries of pain because the shard's being embedded deeper.

That explains the ear bleeds I get when I fight Ridley-X and Zidley.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hmm...

No, Ridley's still male to me. I would be surprised if it turned out otherwise.
Yeah I prefer Ridley as a guy myself, I've gotten too used to call him a guy to start referring to him as her now.
Plus I'd have to make a Human Woman Ridley to go with that and I suck at drawing ladies.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord

... Can we stop talking about Ridley's penis and talk about Kraid's instead?

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice

I just came back from this thread and...
MASHPOTATO SAMURAI GIVE US PEACE!!!
Have you all gone mad?! I don't even know what we are discussing anymore!

D

Deleted member

I get the feeling this woman is only as muscular as she is because she wears pounds of makeup. :troll:

Inb4 they start producing make up that claims to give girls the bodies of their dreams.

Anyways, I do actually believe Ridley is a guy, and would much rather have it that way, it just seems fitting given his appearance and personality (not to say that women can't be sadistic, sociopathic Space Dragons).

I feel the same way about Mewtwo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I think this gender debate is the discussion that'll convince Sakurai that Ridley was the right choice if he gets in.

Hong

The Strongest
The random animal gifs are a bit much, folks. If not Ridley, at least keep it vaguely Metroid related. Thanks!

Top Bottom