• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Anyways, that was the part of the leak that said Chrom ugghh, Chorus Men, and Shulk would be at E3.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Anyways, that was the part of the leak that said Chrom ugghh, Chorus Men, and Shulk would be at E3.
I don't remember it saying that they would specifically be at E3.
It's not proven fake, at all.

In fact, most people regard it as almost 100% true.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
"Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)"
Pretty sure this part is bunk.

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I thought it would make more sense to reveal if he's playable or just a boss stage hazard, to either hype the game up or prevent false hype. But it got me thinking, either way there's going to be some people who rub it in the other's faces, if Ridley is playable some of the people who support him will likely rub it in anti-Ridley players or people who just thought he wouldn't be in for various reasons. And same if he's not, some anti-Ridley players, and people who didn't think Ridley would get in, will likely rub it in Ridley supporters faces.

*emphasis on some
To be honest I will go on every website and yell "YOU GUYS WEREN'T RIDLEY FOR THIS!" if he is confirmed.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Welcome @Conceptual! Just for the fact that you read through 800+ pages alone tells me you're a dedicated Ridley fan. This thread always has room for more Space Pirates, no matter how big it gets.

Now then on to regular business. I really don't believe someone would have to be cut for Ridley's sake, or any newcomer for that matter. Pretty much all we've heard about the development is that things are running super smoothly, in other words far better then Brawl's mess. Add this with Sakurai's promise to bring back as many characters as possible (not counting Melee characters besides Mewtwo), and I'd say the only ones truly worth worrying about are Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Welcome @Conceptual! Just for the fact that you read through 800+ pages alone tells me you're a dedicated Ridley fan. This thread always has room for more Space Pirates, no matter how big it gets.

Now then on to regular business. I really don't believe someone would have to be cut for Ridley's sake, or any newcomer for that matter. Pretty much all we've heard about the development is that things are running super smoothly, in other words far better then Brawl's mess. Add this with Sakurai's promise to bring back as many characters as possible (not counting Melee characters besides Mewtwo), and I'd say the only ones truly worth worrying about are Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur.
If Ridley makes it in. Then no one is safe.

D

Deleted member

To be honest I will go on every website and yell "YOU GUYS WEREN'T RIDLEY FOR THIS!" if he is confirmed.
Unfortunately the word Ridley is used to replace the word "really" not "ready."

At least, that's how I originally intended for it to be used when I came up with it.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
You have a picture for evidence or something?
Well it can be seen in one of the videos shown in the E3 (not the Invitational Tournament) :drifloon:

Also... O.T:

I want Ridley, not because i'm a fan of Ridley but because he's a really cool character and will be "unique", also... if he ends up being added and Chrom gets added (saying Chrom based on the Gematsu leak), the trophies "hint" will most likely be true... and you know what that means?

GHIRAHIM!!! :drflip:

Ermm... as i was saying, Ridley would be a really unique character and he's also one of the most requested characters :dr^_^:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed the page 900 .......
well at least I joined the page 666 .....

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Well it can be seen in one of the videos shown in the E3 (not the Invitational Tournament) :drifloon:
Ah. Now, if you excuse me, I will laugh extremely hard because that is the dumbest thing ever...

Actually, no, the following quote from Miiverse:
"Tails needs to be added because there's not a lot of Sonic characters."

Just...why....?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Ah. Now, if you excuse me, I will laugh extremely hard because that is the dumbest thing ever...

Just...why....?
Nintendo must be running out of characters they added Samus twice [/sarcasm]

Maxilian

Smash Ace

Just...why....?
I agree, Tails should be added................................ as an Assist Trophy (or just a trophy) :dr^_^:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Guys when fox gets a tenuki leaf he sprouts a second tail! Sakurai obviously must be hinting at the playability of Tails. I can't believe I missed something this obvious for so long! Tails confirmed:troll:.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
If it weren for E3 reveals. I was hoping Sakurai was the source to the leak, only to make it seem likely at first and then do a false leak to do a major surprise before release.

Also, the wait is killing me. Every day I keep looking at this thread, every day when I wake up I check the pic of the day.
It ain't healthy!

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
When Ridley gets the tenuki leaf it turns into the orginal character blails

Though on a serious note, the leaf is one of the factors I considered when thinking if Ridley could be playable, and it's hard to imagine him using it

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
When Ridley gets the tenuki leaf it turns into the orginal character blails

Though on a serious note, the leaf is one of the factors I considered when thinking if Ridley could be playable, and it's hard to imagine him using it
It's also hard to imagine Ganondorf and Bowser with it, but they'll get it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can someone make me a Ridley Scott Mii? The battle of the century: Ridley vs. Ridley Scott
Btw, @AndreaAC could you try to draw this?

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Unfortunately the word Ridley is used to replace the word "really" not "ready."

At least, that's how I originally intended for it to be used when I came up with it.
How about YOU GUYS RIDLEY WEREN'T READY FOR THIS! or better yet YOU GUYS RIDLEY WEREN'T RIDLEY FOR THIS!

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
what design of ridely most likely will he be?
The base model looks like Other M Ridley...but I think there has been some tweaking with the Ridley Model.
I would like to see Ridley in the Other M CONCEPT ART MODEL.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The base model looks like Other M Ridley...but I think there has been some tweaking with the Ridley Model.
I would like to see Ridley in the Other M CONCEPT ART MODEL.
The tail blade has a sort of purple gradient going down on it now, so the model has been touched up if only slightly. I hope he gets a texture revamp to be honest, something that makes him look more smooth and refined like in the concept art. Other than that it doesn't seem like the proportions are altered heavily, his wings and tail are still quite big in comparison to his body (perhaps more so than in Other M?) His head also seems to be the same judging from the one second where you can see it clearly in the shadow.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
The tail blade has a sort of purple gradient going down on it now, so the model has been touched up if only slightly. I hope he gets a texture revamp to be honest, something that makes him look more smooth and refined like in the concept art. Other than that it doesn't seem like the proportions are altered heavily, his wings and tail are still quite big in comparison to his body (perhaps more so than in Other M?) His head also seems to be the same judging from the one second where you can see it clearly in the shadow.
I don't think it was his tail. Other M tail is way different. Its too long to be a wing talon.

I honestly think its his penis. Proves he is a male.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well when pit had tha tanooki leaf, most of us thought pit had a hover mechanic we could barely see the tanooki leaf tail and ears on pit.

Maybe this solves the case of ridley flying for so long, his shadow angle is correct so we can not see the tanooki tail and ears on ridley in the footage.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well when pit had tha tanooki leaf, most of us thought pit had a hover mechanic we could barely see the tanooki leaf tail and ears on pit.

Maybe this solves the case of ridley flying for so long, his shadow angle is correct so we can not see the tanooki tail and ears on ridley in the footage.
or he could have the UP-B Pit had in SSBB :drifloon:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think it was his tail. Other M tail is way different. Its too long to be a wing talon.

I honestly think its his penis. Proves he is a male.
Well, considering it's a blade I think that explains why his species didn't do too well in the long run, that'd be some pretty nasty and painful mating.

But no, it really is his tail blade, no doubt about it.

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit skeptical of that idea because whenever I've seen characters that have the Tanooki leaf, when they hover, they don't do anything with their bodies, they just kind of float in mid-air like Peach's hover, while in the Shadow Clip Ridley is clearly flapping his wings.

Just a thought, don't mean to start an argument.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Remmeber guys, you need to perform your mandatory 5 minutes of staring at the clip that started it all to remain in the Cool Ridley Club.
I was watching this and I thought about something. Is it possible that Ridley is actually "on the ground" when he stops? Like what if Ridley naturally hovers so that his tail is slightly above the ground but his hitbox would accommodate for that? Or would his shadow seem too high up for that?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Slightly off topic but pretty much sums up the situation for me if Ridley was actually de-confirmed after hearing all characters were pretty much selected from the start

Top Bottom