• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
How soon until you think Nintendo will announce another direct? Is there a specific cooldown time until they mention another one? I mean..This wasn't a general Nintendo direct. Just a Hyrule Direct. I want them to announce another one so we can get an epic Ridley trailer. :D

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, Team Ninja is involved in a Nintendo game again...looks awesome.
Anydorf, something tells me Ganondorf will be revealed soon...with Ridley...maybe that trailer...and Ganondorf...Item Get pose...
o___o I hope you don't mean a pizza made out of mangled Ridley....
Ridley Pizza is pizza made by Ridley himself totally not using random humans he saw while buying some milk. Tastes like rainbow. Or cat food...i don't remember...

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is horrifying news.
I doubt they will do anything other than gameplay and graphics. Other M is not their fault...at least not ONLY THEIR fault. Story was made by...what's-his-face name...right..?
EDIT: Ninja'd?
That unfortunately doesn't means we will get Ridley or Samus in Hyrule Warriors...that would be awesome.

Would Ridley look weird if he would open those chests? With Item Get pose and everything.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Is a PTSD those things you have to ask your significant other about before you um .... do it?

No. PTSD stands for "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" look it up. You're thinking of an "STD." Which stands for "Sexually Transmitted Disease."

On topic: Even though I couldn't care less about Final Smashes, I'm very curious about what Ridley's will be.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Guys I think we got 2 newcomers trailers left (theyll be some hidden characters) but I say will get a starfox reveal (falco,wolf and hopefully krystal) but because ganadorf is evil (also the direct so let's wait 1 week) maybe ridley could appear other then that gamescom is coming up and Nintendo will be there.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Despite it being a direct specifically for Hyrule Warriors, many were still only clamoring and expecting for Smash news. Sad, really. Let other games breathe for once :facepalm:

-------------

Anyways, I am confident that Ridley will not appear in a Picture of the Day. After being teased twice, it seems that something special (from the Developer's perspective, anyway) may be planned for Ridley, whether playable or boss. Thus, I predict that the next time we see Ridley will finally be footage, whether a trailer featuring him being playable or why his Boss feature was worth two ambiguous allusions (hint: it probably won't be worthwhile assuming he's a boss :glare:).

Showing off Ridley in a PoTD would be counter-intuitive: all that build up for a still image? Even though I vehemently disagree, I can see from a Developer's perspective why Ridley being a boss on Pyrosphere could be hype worthy, as on a technical standpoint it can offer new ways to play in Smash (horrible, overglorified ones, but still new ways).

However, two special allusions to Ridley (something that the Yellow Devil didn't receive) for only Ridley to be shown in a PoTD with Sakurai detailing pretty much what we already know about bosses but with just different attacks? There's no better way for any Ridley reveal to be more anti-climatic, and ultimately for the teasing and hype building to fall flat on it's face for everybody, whether a Ridley supporter or not. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Before watching the Hyrule Warriors Direct, I have to say that I doubted Ridley's vague labeling as a "boss character" before in the past. But now? I find it interesting that Zant was called the exact same thing in the Direct, and yet was shown to be a playable character.

I still don't consider it evidence for his inclusion, but I don't think it's so much straw-grasping like I thought before in the past.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Guys I think we got 2 newcomers trailers left (theyll be some hidden characters) but I say will get a starfox reveal (falco,wolf and hopefully krystal) but because ganadorf evil (also the direct so let's wait week) maybe ridley could appear other then that gamescom is coming up and Nintendo will be there.
Indeed. When Sakurai stated that they're near the bottom of their stash of Newcomer videos, I immediately assumed two. All of his trailers are put together really well so I'm REALLY pumped to see the last few.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Indeed. When Sakurai stated that they're near the bottom of their stash of Newcomer videos, I immediately assumed two. All of his trailers are put together really well so I'm REALLY pumped to see the last few.
I'm hoping so bad for star fox video and Ridley and K rool one.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
First off, IsmaR is gonna come in here and kick our a**es for the Zelda talk.

Second
Am I the only person who dislikes Ganondorf's new design? They have him in like a mullet, my friend and I said he was a "grandma rocker" I don't like him, but I do understand what they were going for with Demise's hair and all. But it really doesn't fit him.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

Second
Am I the only person who dislikes Ganondorf's new design? They have him in like a mullet, my friend and I said he was a "grandma rocker" I don't like him, but I do understand what they were going for with Demise's hair and all. But it really doesn't fit him.
I agree. I'll always be a fan of the Gannondorf buzz-cut.

At least Ridley doesn't have to worry about these hair issues.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Second
:/ I also didn't like that long hair team Ninja give hm (I thought of a L'Oreal commercail with Ganondorf.....)
....but meh, he's not as important as Ridley for me....

O__0 I don't know why it appeared as a spoiler thingy...I don't even know how to do that....

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
:/ I also didn't like that long hair team Ninja give hm (I thought of a L'Oreal commercail with Ganondorf.....)
....but meh, he's not as important as Ridley for me....

O__0 I don't know why it appeared as a spoiler thingy...I don't even know how to do that....
Just delete the "spoiler" at the beginning of the post. :4falcon:

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Second
He/she(HE OR SHE?!) will most likely do that anyway since we got off-topic few times, so...
I don't like his new hair too. Doesn't looks like something a guy like him would have. Everything else is fine.
My body is ready for a banhammer strike.
Any metroid games having a anniversary soon? (Ik it wont happen but is there)
Most of Metroid games were released in August...so...yes...i think...
I know that its not their first release dates...at least not all of them are...but still it counts.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Some body draw ridley with giant anime girly pony tail.
Your profile pic made this comment very creepy :laugh:

The direct was cool, Ganondorf looks amazing, Back too Ridley, I really hope Sakurai decides to end it with a Ridley trailer, It would take the internet by storm if he did. But I have to entertain the thought we might have to wait till release to discover what his role is.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Your profile pic made this comment very creepy :laugh:

The direct was cool, Ganondorf looks amazing, Back too Ridley, I really hope Sakurai decides to end it with a Ridley trailer, It would take the internet by storm if he did. But I have to entertain the thought we might have to wait till release to discover what his role is.
Your pretty precise I'd expect it to however krystal and ridley are likely the last two revealed newcomers if they get trailers (it's likely since this is basically metroid month)

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So anyway. About Ridley, do you think it would be bad on sakurai to not have some BIG trailer for him?

I personally think it'd be pretty anti climactic just finding out about him through some September leak, and his trailer looks so magnificent in my eyes.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
So anyway. About Ridley, do you think it would be bad on sakurai to not have some BIG trailer for him?

I personally think it'd be pretty anti climactic just finding out about him through some September leak, and his trailer looks so magnificent in my eyes.
All im going to say if theres no trailer for him he isnt gonna be in the game

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Can Nintendo just announce the year of Villains thing already?

Anyhow, just getting back/starting renovations now. If the discussion continues veering off topic, it'll end with a lock rather than any updates.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

Anyhow, just getting back/starting renovations now. If the discussion continues veering off topic, it'll end with a lock rather than any updates.
Ik not to challenge a mod (from past expirences on other fourms) but its kinda hard when theres 1402 pages

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

I sure am glad it wasn't an a** whooping you were bringing when I saw you in my notifs.

None the less I'm really excited to see what this new renovation is.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Sorry about that.....and I don't know why I thought of a little Ridley with big watery eyes...

F2A571_0DB53970447F6_000.gif

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Let me give you all a bit of a trailer pitch for Ridley after being away for so long with this college semester slowly coming to a close:

The characters announced in this trailer:

Ridley: Main Newcomer
Krystal: Secondary newcomer
Falco: Returning Veteran

The trailer starts out in space, a wave of three arwings, Fox giving his instructions out to his team-mates that their target their target is coming into view. Their target? The Space Pirate mothership from Metroid: Zero Mission. The three move in on their targets before a wave of Space Pirate infantry fighters are released from the lower hull of the ship, engaging the starfox group in an interstellar dog-fight.

As the three move into attack position, we get a shot of our first character, Falco, who opens with a smarmy remark as they begin to engage the fighters, barrel-rolling past a few shots before delivering a few shots into the hull of one of the fighters. Fox instructs his team mates to try and cover him as he tries to get a good shot down at the mother-ship, but one ship ends up getting past Falco and going after Fox. Falco, alerting Fox of the oncoming ship. Not being able to get it off his tail, he calls out for assistance, in which the third ship flies in and takes down the space pirate fighter, which then reveals the pilot of the third arwing to be the first newcomer, Krystal

"Krystal foresees the battle!"

Giving him an encouraging remark and to be careful, Krystal and Falco cover Fox as he takes an open shot on the mother ship, damaging part of the outer hull. Inside the ship, a dark shadow of a familar foe can be seen, its eyes gleaming as it waches footage of what's going on outside. However, not pleased, it taps on a button that opens up a hole below where it was sitting, spreading its wings and soaring out into space. As the Starfox team takes on the troops, Fox's ship gets damaged by a fireball shot from an unknown location. His ship damaged, Fox needs to land, aiming to try and get in through the open hangar on the mother ship, Falco and Krystal following after him for protection. As the ship crashes into the hangar, Fox will jump out, taking out a couple of Space Pirates with his blaster. The two other starfox members fly in and land, running to check on their squad leader. Fox remarks that he's fine, but his attention is soon turned to a large shadowy figure flying in through the hangar, landing on the ground and slowly walking up to the group. As it steps into the light, the shadow reveals itself to be Super Metroid, the true newcomer of this trailer.

"Ridley Soars into battle!"

Ridley gameplay will be shown with banter from the Starfox crew thrown over it, talking of Ridley's strengths in the air but how he appears to be slow and sluggish on the ground, which is where Krystal remarks that that will be when she'll make her move, which will then lead into a small portion of Krystal gameplay but then back into Ridley's for a final smash ending.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Let me give you all a bit of a trailer pitch for Ridley after being away for so long with this college semester slowly coming to a close:

The characters announced in this trailer:

Ridley: Main Newcomer
Krystal: Secondary newcomer
Falco: Returning Veteran

The trailer starts out in space, a wave of three arwings, Fox giving his instructions out to his team-mates that their target their target is coming into view. Their target? The Space Pirate mothership from Metroid: Zero Mission. The three move in on their targets before a wave of Space Pirate infantry fighters are released from the lower hull of the ship, engaging the starfox group in an interstellar dog-fight.

As the three move into attack position, we get a shot of our first character, Falco, who opens with a smarmy remark as they begin to engage the fighters, barrel-rolling past a few shots before delivering a few shots into the hull of one of the fighters. Fox instructs his team mates to try and cover him as he tries to get a good shot down at the mother-ship, but one ship ends up getting past Falco and going after Fox. Falco, alerting Fox of the oncoming ship. Not being able to get it off his tail, he calls out for assistance, in which the third ship flies in and takes down the space pirate fighter, which then reveals the pilot of the third arwing to be the first newcomer, Krystal

"Krystal foresees the battle!"

Giving him an encouraging remark and to be careful, Krystal and Falco cover Fox as he takes an open shot on the mother ship, damaging part of the outer hull. Inside the ship, a dark shadow of a familar foe can be seen, its eyes gleaming as it waches footage of what's going on outside. However, not pleased, it taps on a button that opens up a hole below where it was sitting, spreading its wings and soaring out into space. As the Starfox team takes on the troops, Fox's ship gets damaged by a fireball shot from an unknown location. His ship damaged, Fox needs to land, aiming to try and get in through the open hangar on the mother ship, Falco and Krystal following after him for protection. As the ship crashes into the hangar, Fox will jump out, taking out a couple of Space Pirates with his blaster. The two other starfox members fly in and land, running to check on their squad leader. Fox remarks that he's fine, but his attention is soon turned to a large shadowy figure flying in through the hangar, landing on the ground and slowly walking up to the group. As it steps into the light, the shadow reveals itself to be Super Metroid, the true newcomer of this trailer.

"Ridley Soars into battle!"

Ridley gameplay will be shown with banter from the Starfox crew thrown over it, talking of Ridley's strengths in the air but how he appears to be slow and sluggish on the ground, which is where Krystal remarks that that will be when she'll make her move, which will then lead into a small portion of Krystal gameplay but then back into Ridley's for a final smash ending.
Hey why not wolf I he should stay since he's the only villain so far in smash bros star fox side

Top Bottom