• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
The only one there says:
'It says so right in the bible. "There shall be no Ridley to compete in thy super smash brothers"'
Nothing out of the ordinary.

I totally didn't mysteriously disappear for a couple of weeks fearing there would be Ridley news I didn't want to hear about.

So.. is the hype for the 20th still real?
Kind of I guess. Wouldn't put it past them to actually pull a 1 year Ridley tease reveal thing, but it doesn't feel guaranteed to me. It could go either way.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I'm only gonna rub it in the faces of people I know IRL. I have never actually been personally attacked by a detractor on the internet, so I have no one to brag to there.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The only one there says:
'It says so right in the bible. "There shall be no Ridley to compete in thy super smash brothers"'
Nothing out of the ordinary.
*20 Hours of Bible-Reading later*
HE SITS ON A THRONE OF LIES.
(Yes, I read through the entire Bible to "find" that exact quote.)

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
*20 Hours of Bible-Reading later*
HE SITS ON A THRONE OF LIES.
(Yes, I read through the entire Bible to "find" that exact quote.)
You probably could have just used a .pdf of the bible and use the search function for "ridley".
If the word Ridley shows up in the bible at all, I'd be surprised.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You probably could have just used a .pdf of the bible and use the search function for "ridley".
The problem is, there are so many different translations and versions that reference could be made to him without him showing up by name in a particular edition. I mean, sure, he might be called "Ridley" in the King James version, but in the New International, he could just be called "the star dragon king". So a quick search like that could still miss the references.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Apparently there's a new leak that involves Ridley being playable with some credibility.
Where at? I don't believe in leaks personally, but it's nice to pass the time seeing what people claim is real
EDIT: well that seems wrong to me, why would Dr. Mario return? Though everything else seems believable, as Lemmy could just be an assist, but I don't put my hopes up

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And then that guy who found Ridley in the bible will be prrrrromoted to second-in-command before getting promptly shot just for fun and to avoid such trait- i mean then he will get a flower...yeah...totally that...
Made something quickly for those who are bored:
Apparently there's a new leak that involves Ridley being playable with some credibility.

http://archive.vidya.moe/v/thread/257170390/

Credit to @Con0rrrr and @Neo Zero
Fake. Just because Dr.Mario is a separate character. Why would they waste time on Mario clone that is still Mario? Its like including Varia Suit Samus and Gravity Suit Samus. They could just use him as alt model since it requires less time and effort.

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
And then that guy who found Ridley in the bible will be prrrrromoted to second-in-command before getting promptly shot just for fun and to avoid such trait- i mean then he will get a flower...yeah...totally that...
Made something quickly for those who are bored:
That's pretty cool! But who's voice is that?
Also, way too much "CAN YOU STAND THIS?" :chuckle:

Why is THIS particular leak credible?
Nothing about that seems credible...

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lemmy Koopa PLAYABLE?
CAN THAT LEAK BE LEGIT PLEASE
IWANTTOPLAYASLEMMY
Oh, and Ridley/Doctor Mario.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Guys Sakurai just messaged me through yahoo email some new updates.

-Ridley is playable and a Marth Clone
-Mewtwo is back with a brand new coat of paint. His final smash is Mega Mewtwo Y and he is now a Charizard clone
-Snake makes his big return but is now the heaviest character in the roster and falls like a rock when jumping
-Ganondorf is the new Stage Boss for Pyrosphere, Sakurai seemed very proud about this fact
-Lucas has been cut in favor of Monita as the new Earthbound rep
-Chibi Robo is playable! He brings his utilities to clean up the competition

These messages get more and more intriguing with each one I receive. I'll update you if anything else comes out of it.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's pretty cool! But who's voice is that?
Also, way too much "CAN YOU STAND THIS?" :chuckle:
It is Garland's voice. He is that guy who will knock you all down instead of killing you because Nintendo and 80's.
Usually, there is too much "Know your limits!" and "You're pathetic!". And very rarely "I'll grant you true and utter annihilation!". If only that one could happen more often.

The fact that he saw Ridley and not Mewtwo...urks me. Makes me think this can't actually be a thing.
There is enough things that makes it impossible to be true. Including Bowser Jr, Doctor Mario AND Lemmy Koopa being playable even though they are not really important and Dr.Mario would be a waste of time.

Last edited:
The whole leak is a parody of the Ninka/vanroose leak here that states dr. mario, dixie kong, and dark pits are clones. Bowser jr. and the koopalings are all one newcomer in the clown car. It is just a mix of that leak and another I can't remember and has no credability

Last edited:
So, with that "leak" we'd have 8 Mario reps (10 if you include Wario and Yoshi, good job they're part of their own franchise)....yeeeeaaaah..don't think so. Sakurai wouldn't make these costumes for Little Mac:

and then go and make Dr Mario a character instead of an alt costume.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I don't see what's so hard to believe about Dr Mario. If it happened before, it can happen again for the same reasons.
It happened during Melee development. Sakurai wanted to add as many characters as possible without having to waste a lot of time on that, so, he added many characters as clones since that requires not much effort. That is why we have Falcondorf/Ganonclone/Captain Ganon/clone Ganondorf. Now Dr.Mario will be a bad idea since he is Mario and there is no way to make him feel like not Mario. And it is just better to include him as alt model since it requires less effort and time.

Last edited:
It happened during Melee development. Sakurai wanted to add as many characters as possible without having to waste a lot of time on that, so, he added many characters as clones since that requires not much effort. That is why we have Falcondorf/Ganonclone/Captain Ganon/clone Ganondorf. Now Dr.Mario will be a bad idea since he is Mario and there is no way to make him feel like not Mario. And it is just better to include him as alt model since it requires less effort and time.
That's another point, it would take more time to make him a character than just an alt. So it would be weird to see him as a separate character, unless he got a ton of new moves. I just doubt this leak a lot, even if the guy said Ridley is playable it just seems fake to me.

Last edited:

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101

With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.
This means, if they give Dr. Mario the special attacks like in melee, he'll have a slot for himself.
I personally, don't have a problem with that, since it doesn't mean it takes space for other characters, because if they were just alts, they still would have a different model.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.
This means, if they give Dr. Mario the special attacks like in melee, he'll have a slot for himself.
I personally, don't have a problem with that, since it doesn't mean it takes space for other characters, because if they were just alts, they still would have a different model.
Yeah, but they'd also have to give him unique move customizations, as well as a reason for existing. That's a lot of effort for a two bit character.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

http://archive.vidya.moe/v/thread/257170390/

Credit to @Con0rrrr and @Neo Zero
All leaks are fake in my eyes, but this one seems even more blatantly false than usual. I mean come on, Lemmy Koopa as a playable character? Dr. Mario is back as an independent character?

At this point we're getting a deluge of fake leaks, so I recommend you all to disregard them until the game's release.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
Yeah, but they'd also have to give him unique move customizations, as well as a reason for existing. That's a lot of effort for a two bit character.
The reason would be the same reason why Lucina has an own slot.
We don't know what customizations she has, but i think they'll also be similar to Marth's.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

I know about Lucina, but unlike Dr.Mario, she is from franchise that is less represented, she is a separate character in FE franchise and she is from something new. Also, Dr.Mario wasn't in Brawl even though he would require only few days or weeks to add. Characters like Mewtwo were cut due to time...forgot 2nd word...d**n...but Dr.Mario most likely wasn't since...seriously, how much time was needed for Project M team or any other Brawl modder that made Dr.Mario PSA to make Dr.Mario?
Still, Dr.Mario isn't the only thing that makes that leak impossible to believe.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The reason would be the same reason why Lucina has an own slot.
We don't know what customizations she has, but i think they'll also be similar to Marth's.
Lucina, as a character (not as a playable character, just a character in general), has a reason to exist. Dr. Mario does not. He's just Mario in another outfit, literally. He's not a separate character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just so people know, if the Lemmy Koopa thing is right it ties into the Ninka leak which has some credibility, it claims that Bowser Jr. is in flying the Koopa Clown Car and he has the Koopalings as alternate costumes. That leak also claims Dr. Mario is in btw. Not going to delve too much into it and why it has credibility, but it gives some perspective on the whole Lemmy Koopa thing.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
So, with that "leak" we'd have 8 Mario reps (10 if you include Wario and Yoshi, good job they're part of their own franchise)....yeeeeaaaah..don't think so. Sakurai wouldn't make these costumes for Little Mac:

and then go and make Dr Mario a character instead of an alt costume.
He says he saw them as data, doesn't mean they're playable.

Dr. Mario is playable however.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
I know about Lucina, but unlike Dr.Mario, she is from franchise that is less represented, she is a separate character in FE franchise and she is from something new. Also, Dr.Mario wasn't in Brawl even though he would require only few days or weeks to add. Characters like Mewtwo were cut due to time...forgot 2nd word...d**n...but Dr.Mario most likely wasn't since...seriously, how much time was needed for Project M team or any other Brawl modder that made Dr.Mario PSA to make Dr.Mario?
Still, Dr.Mario isn't the only thing that makes that leak impossible to believe.
Lucina, as a character (not as a playable character, just a character in general), has a reason to exist. Dr. Mario does not. He's just Mario in another outfit, literally. He's not a separate character.
I'm not saying the leak is true and I'm not saying Dr. Mario will be a seperate character, what i'm saying is that it doesn't matter for Sakurai that he's the same character as Mario, since he already included him in Melee. So i can see Sakurai including him in SSB4, since it's Sakurai we're talking about.

My thoughts about the leak: total fake for more than one reason

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
He says he saw them as data, doesn't mean they're playable.

Dr. Mario is playable however.
I love the fact that the playtester isn't allowed access to the character select screen, but is allowed access to the game's raw code.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Path of Radiance is surprisingly good, I usually hate strategy games but Path of Radiance easily ended up in at least my top 5 games.
Mmhmm, I love FE games, and never got to play through this one. It's at the top of my list to play right now. IF you liked it, you should play Fire Emblem Awakening, or Sacred Stones. Those are my top 2 favorite Fire Emblem games right now.

You should download custom robo too. So far I've been enjoying it. I'm not sure how the Primes will play on a PC though. I'd probably be driven insane by the fact that I can't just use my mouse to look around.
Well, I guess the Trilogy version may be capable of doing that, but it would probably also lag more.
Totally adding that to the list (although I do own it and have 100%'d it more than once xD)

As for playing on a PC, I'm using a wired 360 controller, so it's working out fine for now.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
It can be like Project M, where he's got the megavitamins, but they act just like Mario's Fireballs without the fire. Same power, same range, same trajectory, but different elemental effects.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It can be like Project M, where he's got the megavitamins, but they act just like Mario's Fireballs without the fire. Same power, same range, same trajectory, but different elemental effects.
It would look a bit silly with custom moves though. Normal pills, giant pills, rocket pills, that just ain't right!

Let's just ignore all leaks, whether they contain Ridley or not. Taking any of them seriously means you'll only grow more and more expectations that could potentially be shattered. And you already got way too many of those, you're supporting Ridley after all! Besides, there are way too many of these damn things.

Also I can't get over how hysterical my siggy has become.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mmhmm, I love FE games, and never got to play through this one. It's at the top of my list to play right now. IF you liked it, you should play Fire Emblem Awakening, or Sacred Stones. Those are my top 2 favorite Fire Emblem games right now.
Planning to get Awakening as soon as I beat Radiant Dawn, which might take some time since it's one hell of a long game.

Top Bottom