• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
This thread is just going too fast! And 110 user + 101 Guests? Oh my Jeebus, that's a lot of people anticipating some Ridley information. We really are popular! :awesome:

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
"Captain! The boards are struggling to load! What's happening!"

We're probably crashing! Calm down! Just one question. Do you happen to know how to fly this Hype Train?

Ridley22

Smash Ace

I heard that there was a press event at PAX, but is there anything that hints towards Ridley or new Smash info in general?

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
When you're on a rollercoaster, do you want it to just stay level and flat for the whole thing? Believe it or not, some people do. But we are Ridley fans. We like coasting slowly to the top... to zooooom back down, then launch back up again!

So why are we hyping over literally nothing? Iunno, it's fun ride. And it has no line. And you don't need tickets or stamps!
Rollercoasters?

But... but...

We're space pirates. We don't have safety standards! D:

Seriously though I wonder how long the embargo will last. I guess it gives the press time to write up their articles ahead of time, which means we'll have an explosion of news all over the internet once the news hits.

If the news is about Ridley, then that will be the day of the space pirate invasion!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Bet that the embargo will stay on til game release. So no information for us until game release. I think Ridley will be revealed by the release of the Japanese game version of it. I hate it too, but that's what I think.
Doubt it, I think it's staying up untill the trailer gets uploaded.

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
God lord everyone is losing their **** right now... and i love it. LONG LIVE THE SPACE PIRATES!

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Aaaaaaaannnnndddd this train's set to crash. Again.

I swear if I wake up in the morning to find Ridley was announced while I was asleep...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
OK what the hell is going on, I come back from a evening out with friends and I hear the Behind Closed doors was super long, there is an embargo of information about what was shown, and this thread flying up in the number of posts. Oh god is this is it, could this really be it? Please, please, please let this be it....

Realistically I'm going to say nothing is actually going to be revealed, but I did say that about this morning's Direct and boom Smash logo and Shulk was revealed to my delight, so maybe I'll be wrong again. It just sucks there is much secret stuff going down right now that we don't get to know about...

Edit: Anyone else tempted to just stay up until we here at least something about what was shown off?

Last edited:

despairing

Smash Rookie
What happened here? everyone is so hype up.
A roundtable related to smash bros. happened at pax and there was a big embargo so people are assuming that the reason is because of an important, hype worthy piece of information, like a wellknown character. Ridley fits that criteria.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, all this hype is probably going to get this thread shut down due to how many pages you all have been adding on over the past few minutes.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Aaaaaaaannnnndddd this train's set to crash. Again.

I swear if I wake up in the morning to find Ridley was announced while I was asleep...
Sorry, no stops on the hype train. We all have to stick it out for Ridley.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Guys, gentlemen, ladies, androgynous snail-people, and anything in between:

The conference isn't some BIG conspiracy against Ridley to hide him from the public. Having an embargo over Ridley is frankly fairly ludicrous. As a matter of fact, I'd say you are flat out insane for believe he is the reason for an embargo.

Could he be part of the embargoed info? Probably. Could he not? Maybe. I seriously, seriously doubt Ridley would be WHY the embargo is in place. Keep calm, steel yourself, it's probably nothing. I'll eat my crown if Ridley is the reason.(all kings have crowns, c'mon...)

My hunch is that it might technical mumbo jumbo a more casual fan like myself won't find terribly interesting. Or maybe a few stages/items.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wasn't pac man's trailer put up a few hours or a day after the round table?
The difference is this is a press event. They're announcing info to the press in advance, putting an embargo on the info, and then they'll allow the press to announce it alongside Nintendo's official announcements. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they announced Ridley and a bunch of stages, perhaps other info about the game such as game modes and potential for DLC content after the game releases, but they'll announce the info on their own time. The press gets it first so that they can coincide the announcements.

We're likely not getting any info out of this event right now. I think it is highly likely we'll get a Smash Direct this next week or the following (in fact I'd be surprised if we didn't) and THEN you can hype Ridley. Ridley probably isn't getting announced tonight, though, guys.

The conference isn't some BIG conspiracy against Ridley to hide him from the public. Having an embargo over Ridley is frankly fairly ludicrous. As a matter of fact, I'd say you are flat out insane for believe he is the reason for an embargo.

Could he be part of the embargoed info? Probably. Could he not? Maybe. I seriously, seriously doubt Ridley would be WHY the embargo is in place. Keep calm, steel yourself, it's probably nothing. I'll eat my crown if Ridley is the reason.(all kings have crowns, c'mon...)

My hunch is that it might technical mumbo jumbo a more casual fan like myself won't find terribly interesting. Or maybe a few stages/items.
This exactly. I highly doubt Ridley is the reason for the embargo. Granted, its incredibly possible Ridley was announced, but that's likely not why there's an embargo.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Or maybe....
IT'S MEWTWO!!!! :surprised:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
In all honesty, I think he (along with the rest of the cast) WAS revealed. We're just not going to get any official confirmations for a while yet.
"After the...incident last week, we've decided to have a change of plans. We're showing each and every one of you every single fighter in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. All of the fighters. Count them. All of them. All 60 of Nintendo's greatest right in front of you, staring at you. Taunting you. If you even think about giving even the slightest hint as to what we just showed you before we give explicit word that it is ok to do so, no matter how vague your hint is, you and anyone related to you within ten generations will be punished. Five hundred years from now when the world has ended and we revert to Medival Feudalism, your family will STILL be tied to the debt of paying reparations to House Nintendo, ruining any prospects you have of marrying into any other powerful houses. We won't tell you what is and is not allowed to be spoken of what you just saw. Good luck. And remember, no johns."

-Reggie Fils-Aime

Last edited:
Top Bottom