• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I just want something crazy to happen during this week so we can already get over everything already haha
We'll most likely know Ridley's status on the 3DS version by the end of the week. If he's not playable, there's still hope for Wii U DLC.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys, I need your takes on something:

Can you tell me if there's no trailer next week, how do you think he would be announced assuming he's confirmed?

We are a week before release and he really need to be announced before release, but what if there's no trailer? Is there any other possibility AFTER release?

I really need opinions on this question.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

Can you tell me if there's no trailer next week, how do you think he would be announced assuming he's confirmed?

We are a week before release and he really need to be announced before release, but what if there's no trailer? Is there any other possibility AFTER release?

At this point there isn't going to be a trailer. That doesn't mean anything though because we also don't have trailers for Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt. We shall know Ridley is in either when people unlock him in Japan or the Smash Bros website updates with the hidden characters like it did with Brawl.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
At this point there isn't going to be a trailer. That doesn't mean anything though because we also don't have trailers for Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt. We shall know Ridley is in either when people unlock him in Japan or the Smash Bros website updates with the hidden characters like it did with Brawl.
What it means is that we might have characters announced AFTER released right?

Like, I heard a theory before that would be partial roster on release for each platform and the rest is given via dlc.

Would that make sense?

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm the only one who thinks the leak helped Ridley's chances. The 4Chan guy+The All Stars leak pic showing that the leaked roster may not have been the full roster=Things looking pretty good for Ridley.

Last edited:

Genexican

Smash Cadet
Don't know if this has been posted here already or not, but just in case it hasn't...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Q6hesY3Yg

Not sure if anyone has noticed this tiny little detail from the few seconds of shadow we saw of him a couple months back, but now I sure as hell can't unsee it. I had all but abandoned hope, but THIS has sure as hell get me hoping once more.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

Like, I heard a theory before that would be partial roster on release for each platform and the rest is given via dlc.

Would that make sense?
To a degree, but IMO it's unlikely we'll get any form of DLC until after the Wii U game is released.

And also with the argument that there could be characters unlocked only if you have both versions of the game, there's no way Sakurai would let that happen.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I firmly believed that we are getting Ridley one day before the Japanese release or on the day.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
What's the purple charizard suppose to reference anyways? A lot of people have been saying it's ridley
I am curious as to whether he is actually purple, or just a shade of lilac. I mean, could be an alt based on :142:. For the record, he is lilac-ish with purple wings in the games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
To a degree, but IMO it's unlikely we'll get any form of DLC until after the Wii U game is released.

And also with the argument that there could be characters unlocked only if you have both versions of the game, there's no way Sakurai would let that happen.
Which is why I said Dlc.

Because now, I'm honestly wondeing if it happens, Sakurai said he would give details on cross platform communication at a later time and we are a week before release so pretty late isn't it?

That's why I think it might not be the absolute end after 09/13 but again, you have that embargo thingy...

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284

If there's no trailer? No negative repercussions. We'll know by next Saturday if Ridley is indeed a dude, so it's best to wait it out and fill your time elsewhere. Maybe becomes a Spork Gladiator?

Also, how do people unlock characters ridiculously fast?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527

Would that make sense?
I myself can't see that happening. But that's just due to my bias against DLC characters. I mean, surely they should just have the full roster from the beginning.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Japan doesn't give a poop about Ridley, he could have a trailer after the Japanese launch to hype the Western release.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Japan doesn't give a poop about Ridley, he could have a trailer after the Japanese launch to hype the Western release.
Or a trail before the Japanese release to hype us so that Japan and sucha nd such and whats his face can't spoil it for us.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Don't know if this has been posted here already or not, but just in case it hasn't...

Not sure if anyone has noticed this tiny little detail from the few seconds of shadow we saw of him a couple months back, but now I sure as hell can't unsee it. I had all but abandoned hope, but THIS has sure as hell get me hoping once more.
I have to give you credit for showing me this. I have said before that I thought Ridley moved odd for a boss and this really helps me understand it. I always assumed Ridley would be master of air combat and I wanted air grabs to be part of this. This really gives me hope for him again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Warning Received
The game is already done for like 95% I believe. I highly doubt that they are still implying voice acting for characters this late.. Even IF Ridley would be a boss..
Ridley would have to have dialog or spoken lines for Nintendo to even bother to hire an american voice actor for him. They have an extensive library of stock sounds and local japanese actors for growls and stuff.
ANALYZE THE REFLECTION!
That said, he can't really be the VA when he is still doing stuff this late in dev.
They would use a japanese voice actor for grunts, like Donkey Kong in his games and Pikachu, not an american. The manga is more an exception than a rule, its an obscure story origin that very few people know, unlikely to be used as reference in this game.
And of course a voice actor is working on something, it could be a TV show or another game :lol:

D

Deleted member

I am curious as to whether he is actually purple, or just a shade of lilac. I mean, could be an alt based on :142:. For the record, he is lilac-ish with purple wings in the games.
In Other m god forbid hes more purple than just purple

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not sure if this was posted, http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91872148766/rumor-mill-4chan-12

Personally, I really hope this isn't the case, as no one would get hyped for a gimmicky feature like playable bosses, with the WiiU pad, after this was teased to no end.
First of all, what's that 'yellow and black ball with a red gem' supposed to be? Second, SAKURAI SAID NO GIMMICKS WITH THE GAMEPAD
*Hugs* Do not talk down to thine self!
I deserve all criticism after acting like an idiot, so I have no shame!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Yea it was posted before

And so this is the first guy i seen who noticed the same things i noticed

I knew all that stuff before the video was out thats why i was staying with my theory of ridley being playable the whole time.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
First of all, what's that 'yellow and black ball with a red gem' supposed to be? Second, SAKURAI SAID NO GIMMICKS WITH THE GAMEPAD

I deserve all criticism after acting like an idiot, so I have no shame!
Pfft, you wanna see somebody acting like an idiot? Wait until the game comes out and I start challenging people.

(Also my guess on the first thing is the Yellow Devil)

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
GOOD NEWS
a.pomf.se/dgthdo.webm
In this video you can see that Purple Charizard is just :142:
And that Dark Emperor only roars like he does in Find Mii

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Aerodactyl-skin Charizard sounds pretty nifty. Easily one of my favorite fossils. However, someone on /v/ pointed out that the Charizard looks eerily similar to his second gen shiny color, so there's that.

Also, color changes don't necessarily hurt another character's chances (like Ridley) so there's that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
D

Deleted member

The good news is that since characters now have 8 total color choices, most of the characters we know of (if not all, as I've heard from the people who played the game at the event thing yesterday/today) will hopefully have some sort of Black color choice (example: Peach now has a black dress option).

Having a black Ridley color alt is all I need in this world.

Aside from Vanguard Armor Ike.

Since I can't have Omega Conceptley, this scheme will do as well and I really think it is likely:

And I just realized that that art ^ is almost a pseudo-hybrid of Ridley/Roidley (Roidley arms, Ridley skull and ribcage, etc.) at least, that's what it looks like to me.

At any rate all I need is a Black Color and White Color choice for Ridley and I'll be good to go.

As soon as Vanguard Ike is confirmed, that is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What's the purple charizard suppose to reference anyways? A lot of people have been saying it's ridley
You guys know that it's Zipzo who provided us with this info, right? The guy who has come here a couple of times to say why he thinks Ridley wouldn't work. Regardless of his opinion on Ridley I'm sure he'd make extra note of it if Charizard's purple costume was a reference to Ridley, just like he did with Fox's new Wolf color swap.

Top Bottom