• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, I feel very anxious right now. It's almost time. Ridley, my final plea. Please be playable!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i may not of been here long but this is my favorite therad to go on and just chat.It's been a long time but soon rildey will take the spotlight.Hope to see you all if he gets confirmed

ReynTime

Smash Rookie
I've been reading this thread nonstop for about two weeks, praying for Ridley since before Brawl, since playing Prime over ten years ago, and all I have to say is, as much as I love Smash and Sakurai, if Ridley isn't playable, it's gonna feel a little emptier this time. Melee is my all-time favorite game, and I got a lot of fun out of brawl, and these new roster additions are amazing (especially for a Mega man/Xenoblade fan), but there's something missing if I can't KO Samus the way she's been KOed so many times while I was playing the Prime games.
And I wanna be here before the reveal so there's that.
Expected a cult coming into this, totally satisfied with what I found. Great community.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
How typical, Ridley fanart artists get mentioned and I'm not included. You'd think that after submitting more than 20 pieces of art to this thread people would remember me but that's how the ball rolls. No thanks at all, but then again nobody remembers me, either here or IRL. Good ol' Crocovile, always gets ignored. Just because I don't colour my art it gets forgotten, grumble grumble...
Just because you weren't mentioned doesn't mean you were forgotten!
Your artwork is great and it kept getting better and that goes for everyone involved, I hope you all keep up your great work!
It feels great to be around such talented artists! ;w;

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Any chance we could just have the thread closed and stickied at like page 1910?

When Ridley's status is absolutely certain, just open the flood gates. Let the thread go out with the biggest bang possible.

Last edited:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Been kinda lurking around on this thread since around page 700-800. I'm not really that sentimental I don't think but I will admit that it'll be sad to see this thread go in a few days. Metroid has been something I just kinda liked and not much more, but the one thing I do really remember was enjoying the Ridley boss fights in both Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion and I loved seeing him as just a boss in Brawl.

Since then I have been more invested in Metroid and after Smash 4's first trailer at E3 2013 I started hearing about Ridley and eventually that lead me here. I already got everything I could have wanted with Mega Man's inclusion but I still really hope that Ridley makes it in. Darn well deserves it if nothing else.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Welp, as long as we're saying our farewells, so long, Space Pirates.

Say, does Ridley have any inspirational quotes?
"What's this? The inside is nothing but a human female. That explains the stench of noradrenalin."
:p

Yeah, his quotes are usually condescending rather than inspirational.

Any chance we could just have the thread closed and stickied at like page 1910?

When Ridley's status is absolutely certain, just open the flood gates. Let the thread go out with the biggest bang possible.
That might not be a bad idea. Doubt it would happen though, as it would make others think that the staff are giving this thread special treatment compared to other support threads.

Last edited:

Kuzeele

Smash Cadet
I actually feel sad to have joined so late, wish i could've joined sooner, but I'm with you guys all the way, we may find out the space dragon's fate soon! I'm really anxious and can't sleep at night, I'm so nervous right now hold me.

The suspense is killing me.

RidleyWright

Smash Rookie
Aside from spamming F5 around these boards as of late, I also keep an eye r/smashbros/ and well, the number of posts stating that there could be no "Final 5" is starting to get a bit disheartening. ;___;
I'll take the fine example from fellow space pirates and cut back on the posting until our fate is decided. Stay strong guise. ;__;

Here's an oldie for the lulz in these bleak hours.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
All the character threads will be closed once the games are released and we know the roster.
Not really, some threads are simply moved to their respective sections, like Robin's thread for example. This thread is too big, though, so when (yes, when, not if) Ridley is confirmed, someone (who I wonder? Ismar?) will create a "Ridley Social Thread".

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Shoot I will continue making Ridley face artz even after he is revealed as playable.

I will make the artz forever!

by the power of Ridley I HAVE THE POWER!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not really, some threads are simply moved to their respective sections, like Robin's thread for example. This thread is too big, though, so when (yes, when, not if) Ridley is confirmed, someone (who I wonder? Ismar?) will create a "Ridley Social Thread".
"when"? Why did you pick When and not if?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just wanted to write that I would be absolutely exctatic if Ridley is playable. I hope that we will know for sure when I get up tomorrow.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Well a few days left until we know, maybe sooner. I hope this works out for all of us who just want Samus' nemesis on the roster. To be honest I wouldn't be as heavily invested in him making it on the roster if Nintendo/Sakurai hadn't been going out of their way to not just be straightforward with his role. I think I'll be far more than dejected if he's not in. Crushed? Insulted? Sure he was implied a boss but they went out of their way to clarify everything else as not playable but Ridley.

Not saying I think he has bad odds, I think his chances are good. I'm just talking what ifs really. Though I do admit a part of me worries that those who want him to not be on the roster simply out of spite and cruelty will get their way. Seems that happens more often than it should. Still, I'm too determined to throw in the towel now.

Oh Andrea, I've always adored your Ridley/Roidley images. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to draw one of Roidley cheering for his big bro to make it in, holding up a banner/sign and everything, and Ridley reluctantly patting him on the head for being supportive?

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
I just wanted to write that I would be absolutely exctatic if Ridley is playable. I hope that we will know for sure when I get up tomorrow.
RIGHT!? I wake up every morning and check the smash bros site, SSB4Dojo, and Smashboards just in case something happens! I REALLY hope the roster is spilled before release because I can't take the wait much longer!

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I'd just like to thank @ Poopmin Poopmin for overall just being the coolest guy in the thread, he was really just a neat guy to talk to, and he just helped me through a lot of stuff, thank you so much, my heart goes out to you. For Ridley, for glory.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
To everybody freaking out over Shaya specifically saying the the thread/bomb drops on page 1914 or 1938

Did you really not understand the joke/reference these numbers meant? Or did everyone just flunk basic history?

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Ya that pic is fake due to wolf being in. Wasn't he confirmed to be cut due to fox having a costume almost exactly like wolf

Flossy

Smash Cadet
To everybody freaking out over Shaya specifically saying the the thread/bomb drops on page 1914 or 1938

Did you really not understand the joke/reference these numbers meant? Or did everyone just flunk basic history?
The beginning of the First and Second World Wars correct?

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Since everyone is doing speeches and by the sounds of it I may not get the chance if I leave it too late....

It's hard to believe this crazy train will be over in a few days, not to get too sentimental but the short time I've been posting on this thread, I'm starting to wonder if the journey to this point is the real prize at the end of the day. Even though I haven't always been posting, I have been reading this forum and thinking about what could happen in my head, but I guess we'll all find out the truth soon enough. As strange as it sounds part of me wants the game to be delayed now, but like others have said, this doesn't have to be the end, we can hopefully upgrade to a official character thread if Ridley makes it into the roster, or give it some time and start all over again, if people feel like hanging around for another round lol.

Either way it was a blast and I met some really great people here, strange how something like a bloodthirsty intelligent purple space dragon can bring people together like this :awesome:.

[collapse=dem feels]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace

The only years I associate with bombs dropping are 1945 and 2014.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The beginning of the First and Second World Wars correct?
You shouldn't even have to ask what those dates/years represented. Would've kinda been more fitting though if Shaya said 1986 or 87, since those were the years of Ridley's first debut and would've gotten even more people to believe the thread would be locked by then since it's closer to the 2000 number/mark.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So... it's all ending soon, huh?

Well, guys, let me just tell you all how much of a blast we had together. From the speculation, theories, movesets and specially the art that surfaced from this thread (shout out to @AndreaAC for making it happen)*, this has been one hell of a year we spent here, waiting for our beloved space dragon.

I admit that I may have grown a little too obsessed with this thread (almost all my posts are from this thread), but I still had fun. I even had a little bit of fun out of dealing with detractors (in a sort of masochistic way). So, as we wait for Ridley to be announced, and thus getting this placed sealed in history as a memento of the time we spent together, I just have to say: Thank You.

*Special mention to the other illustrators as well: @SmilingMad @Crocovile @Dalek_Kolt @BaganSmashBros @Wintropy and the great and mighty @Angelglory (if I forgot anyone's name please tell me)

And thus, a little present (WIP)

anni.png

"Soon, the Battlefield shall be theirs!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom