• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If we don't get any of the big three (Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool), I'm pretty sure that people are going to be pissed. Still, no matter how this turns out, I'm glad to have been a part of this fandom.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I shall not lose hope! Seriously though, Ridley is one of the most requested and speculated newcomers, and I really think he deserves a slot more than Clones like Dark pit
It doesn't work like that, Dark Pit would be using pretty much all of Pit's assets, which means he would be a lot easier to make than a whole new character like Ridley, needing his own special moves, grabs, final smash etc. It isn't a matter of taking a slot it's a matter of time, same can apply to other clones, if Ridley isn't playable it isn't because Sakurai would rather spend time on clone characters.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I heard that unlocking Bowser. Jr requires beating classic on intensity 7 or high without using a contunie. If that's true, then what is required to unlock Ridley could be quite hard.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

People keep posting this image on streams
Yall probably seen it a million times already...how is it fake?

As people stated, it's a modified version of a preexisting PotD. So yeah, it's fake. I'm also convinced we are getting Other M Ridley, other versions seem highly unlikely.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

People keep posting this image on streams
Yall probably seen it a million times already...how is it fake?
Will they stop using already existing images and instead create their own renders, like i did with my fake Roidley boss leak?..oh, wait...it wasn't my idea!
It doesn't work like that, Dark Pit would be using pretty much all of Pit's assets, which means he would be a lot easier to make than a whole new character like Ridley, needing his own special moves, grabs, final smash etc. It isn't a matter of taking a slot it's a matter of time, same can apply to other clones, if Ridley isn't playable it isn't because Sakurai would rather spend time on clone characters.
Developers still spend time on clones. Somewhere near 1/5 out of time required for unique characters. You have to make a new HD model (for both render used in CSS and model used in gameplay for WiiU version) with edited animations in few cases and different attributes even if it is a clone.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Gemma can prova Ridley people.
Bowser is a placeholder on the Metroid series team.
Its heppening!

Roxas215

Smash Lord
The fact that all the esrb characters haven been unlocked and we havent seen ANYTHING of the big 3 is very skeptical. No Trophies/AT/Bosses. NOTHING??

WTF is going on here?? Was dixie even shown as a trophy yet?

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
I would have preferred him to be released through a trailer, oh well, his fate hangs in the balance

In other news I just realized that Meta Ridley is a one eyed, one horned, flying, purple, people-eater (and he sure looks strange to me)
[10 childhood points to those who understood that:awesome:]

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I saw someone on the Twitch chat say "Ridley got a trophy". Is this true?
Hype/Anti-Hype sensaionalism, don't pay attention to them :<
Also, Roy confirmed :troll:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Twitch chat has nothing of value. If its true, one; pictures. Two; which Ridley is it? If not Hybridley/Other M Ridley then it means nothing.

Also: Purin/Jigglypuff unlocked. And the roster is jacked now. :p

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
People on twitch are saying a lot of things. Between genitalia and "Ridley?!?!?!" there didn't seem to be much else when I bothered watching.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Ya know, I never minded either way if Ridley got in or not.

But holy **** if you guys don't deserve him. Keep hope guys.

RudySpino

Smash Rookie
Guys, I highly suspect no one will unlock Ridley. He's quite probably not even IN the demo. Like I said earlier, I suspect he and the other supposed DLC characters will be patched in after the 3DS release to keep hype on the Wii U version

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Guys, I highly suspect no one will unlock Ridley. He's quite probably not even IN the demo. Like I said earlier, I suspect he and the other supposed DLC characters will be patched in after the 3DS release to keep hype on the Wii U version
This isn't a demo, this is the full final game. Granted, its an early copy, but it IS the final game. He could potentially get patched in later, but we don't really know that.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, the likelihood of that scenario seems really unlikely, but hey, we don't know what Sakurai is hiding. And as much as people claiming that would be a bs move to 3DS owners, they have to sell the Wii U version somehow. And prettier graphic isn't gonna be enough, at least for me at the moment.

Top Bottom