• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Right to Bear Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Master
Guns aren't effective enough to overthrow an oppressive govt. anymore. We need tanks to protect ourselves from criminals that come armed with tanks. I mean, even if tanks are illegal, the bad people will find a way to get their tanks anyway, right?

Discuss why the govt. has crapped on my constitutional right to own a tank.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Curse you government from making me own a guntank.
:mad:
I would of been content with a Type 61 tank as well, BUT NO! You can make me have one either.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
We all know that the language in the Bill of Rights was mistaken. The creators really meant for us to have the right to BEAR arms. Meaning we could kill them and hang their arms on the walls and such XD

Smash Master
What properties of a tank make it less okay to own than a firearm?

D

Deleted member

Let's keep the fighting to the military.

EDIT: What possible use could a civilian have with a tank?

Smash Master
You could conceivably put it in a garage, no?

As far as the possible use a civilian could have with a tank.... IDK, the same use they could have with a gun. Self-defense, killing people, and hunting.

n88

Smash Lord

As far as the possible use a civilian could have with a tank.... IDK, the same use they could have with a gun. Self-defense, killing people, and hunting.
Seems kinda pointless. There wouldn't be anything left to eat or make a trophy out of. Also, tanks are probably too big to fit on most roads, and too slow to be clogging up major highways. I'd recommend a pet bear instead.

Smash Master
People hunt for sport all the time. To circumvent the transportation problem (if there really isn't a smaller, faster version, which I'm too lazy to find out) you could always go to the site and rent a tank once you're there. IMO, hunting with a tank would be way more entertaining than hunting with a gun.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yes, because I can carry a tank in my pocket as easily as a gun to protect myself. Sounds like a plan :)

And yes, we are all very slow, including myself.

Smash Master
Yes, because I can carry a tank in my pocket as easily as a gun to protect myself. Sounds like a plan :)

And yes, we are all very slow, including myself.
The idea is just by the bad guy knowing there could be a guy with a tank in the area, he'll be deterred from ruining your ****.

Oracle

Smash Master
The whole idea of the right to bear arms was to keep the govt. in check in case it got too much power

Guns, proportionally speaking, were much more powerful back then. You could stage an uprising with a bunch of guns

Nowadays, not so much.

So logically, yes, we should be able to own tanks.
But then do we want the type of people that kill with guns to have access to nigh unstoppable (by police anyways) vehicles of destruction?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Oh this isn't fair.

How is it that this topic can insult Republicans and their obsession with gun rights to **** and back? Yet I make ONE post insulting Republicans and I'm practically outed as a hate monger?

Curse you Smashboards

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh this isn't fair.

How is it that this topic can insult Republicans and their obsession with gun rights to **** and back? Yet I make ONE post insulting Republicans and I'm practically outed as a hate monger?

Curse you Smashboards
Either "you are doing it wrong," or "you are just mad because they are styling on you."

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I can't help it. I'm blunt. :'(

On topic: I wanna tank too. I wanna protect mah property from strange looking people. And when I say strange looking people, I mean people who don't share mah skin color. >:O

slave1

Smash Lord

yeah when the criminal is invading my house i will just quickly hop in my tank and come blazing through my house and scare him away and kill my family... yeah thats not a good idea.

even tanks are not all terrain vehicles. hunting would be impracticle. but i have a hunch you probably have not been hunting before.

a tank would be fun to shoot though, i cant deny that. woot woot

and you dont always have a gun to kill someone.

i dont know if you have seen that video where that guys steels that tank and goes through los angels (i think it is that city) but he destroys everything.

Smash Master
Going line by line:

Obv. just like a firearm, you should be at least a little bit trained in tank usage so you don't kill your family. And, just like a firearm, if you aren't trained, you will kill your family. In fact, an advantage of a tank is that you really can't accidentally (or purposefully) kill yourself with it.

It's true. I've never hunted before. Is the primary problem the trees or elevated, rocky areas? I'm sure there is terrain that would be relatively navigable in a tank.

Cool, we have a consensus. Now let me own one :p

I really don't understand the point of this line. You don't always have a tank to kill someone either. People always tell me (be careful what you doooo) that the primary reason for owning deadly weapons is a crime deterrent. You usually don't actually have to shoot the bad people who ener your home.

I don't know if you've ever seen that Virginia Tech massacre. Like I said, bad people will find a way to get their tanks anyway even if they are illegal, right? In all seriousness it's easy to see that the less legal a weapon is the less likely the bad people are to get their hands on it. I mean you have like three tank incidents compared to dozens of handgun incidents compared to a handful of machine gun incidents.

Peeze

Smash Master
Fine if you can own a tank then i'll just keep a stealth bomber in my garage just in case someone breaks in my house and i need to stealthily counter their attack.

Smash Master
Woah, woah. I see what you're saying, but I don't think mainstream America is ready for such radical ideas. Stealth bomber, pffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom