• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ROB Matchup Thread

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Meta Knight is R.O.B.'s worst MU, no doubt. After MK, it's ZSS and third's D3.

Samus' best killing move is D-tilt. A fresh kills you to 110 % if I recall correctly. The Samus MU is probably even or slightly her/our favour. We get outcamped and comboed like crazy while we struggle to build up damage/kill her.

IMO R.O.B.'s only really hard MUs who gives him huge problems:

1). Meta Knight - 30:70.
2). Zero Suit Samus - 35:65.
3). King Dedede - 40:60.
4). Mr. Game & Watch - 40:60.
5). Falco - 40:60.
6). Toon Link - 40:60.
7). Peach - 40:60.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
LOOL at d3 being just as hard as falco/peach...

robs worst matchups (ratios mean nothing to me, just ordering)

d3 - BAD
mk - BAD
snake - BAD
fox- BAD
wario - BAD (my least favorite matchup with rob by far)

------------------ imo rob will never beat a top player who KNOWS the rob matchup with a character above this line except a lucky gimp vs snake

tl - pretty damn bad but winnable
zss - not that bad but vs a zss who knows the infinite its bad
falco - i dont think its bad at all but other robs have problems with it i guess
gaw - not that bad
peach - not hard at all

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ill do a similar thing as teevee i spose XD
d3-bad
mk-evil
snake-not that bad
fox-even
wario-even

tl-pretty bad, needs smart offense
zss-bad
falco-a bit hard, easier than its made out to be
gaw-not hard
peach-evenish, shield pressure is the only real problem

i used to have a lot of trouble with marth, but im over that now. now the one i struggle at is zero suit (and probably MK, damn trancendant priority)

TeeVee

Smash Lord
snake part might have some region bias since new england is the best region for snake but like...

i really really really doubt any rob will beat fatal in tourny lol and unless you have ALOTTTT of snake practice you wont even come close to beating bizkit either. or mikeray.

the matchup is so ****ing dumb if the snake knows the matchup

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
The only matchups I have trouble with are Samus, and occasionally D3. IDC who its in favor of, its a hard *** matchup. Also, my secondary is peach so I don't have any trouble outplaying peachs. After those, maaaaaybe pikachu and sonic...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I hate the Snake MU, always have. He's pretty much the only character I go Dedede for nowadays. Fox is even, imo. ZSS is awful, made worse if they know the infinite. Pikachu and Sonic are both in our advantage, and so is Samus.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
MUs that are bad imo:
DDD 65/35
MK 60/40
ZSS 55/45 (need to learn this one a lot more)

dont have enough experience with good snakes to really know. and I figured out what to do against fox last weekend, just camp relentlessly lol

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't even get why you come to these boards anymore. You don't play this character, and all you ever do is talk him down when you don't even understand his playstyle that well.
I don't play the character ANYMORE.
But just tell me how the hell you camp with Robs projectiles. I understand if you have the lead, but how you camp with those projectiles? Rob is better off camping with his damn tilts, but his projectiles sucks campwise, but they are useful in their own situations, just, don't camp like a damn Falco is what I mean't... >_>

And yes Dedede is the worst MU. Then it's MK maybe. I don't know about ZSS, how much impact did that infinite have on the MU again?

SxK

I hate the Snake MU, always have. He's pretty much the only character I go Dedede for nowadays. Fox is even, imo. ZSS is awful, made worse if they know the infinite. Pikachu and Sonic are both in our advantage, and so is Samus.
If you can define what makes the Samus MU, please do. I recently got wrecked by jerz at a local tournament an he was playing samus.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If you can define what makes the Samus MU, please do. I recently got wrecked by jerz at a local tournament an he was playing samus.
personal hatred maybe?
the thing that makes it good for us is that the only way samus and kill outside of srs mindgames anf framtrap is to gimp. its really hard to gimp someone like rob as the world knows
also their main method of damage is zair which, our laser doesnt ineract with (gyro does, but yknow) making it dead hard for them to get in. its not the greatest MU ever, but damn its still our favour
i play quite a lot with a mr. killerjaws-who is just about on par with xyro-and i can definetely conclude that this is decent for us
about the only MU samus has which isnt against her is ike and gano XD

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
The Snake MU is perhaps a 40:60 MU, I could actually see why it is that. And -LzR- has right, we can't be biased all the time. We can't spam our projectiles, but we can camp to an extend, but it's very limited though. King Dedede might be a 35:65 MU...

TeeVee

Smash Lord
samus is hard as **** lol, not a bad matchup though just weird. i say 55 - 45 rob

i dropped a game to wes at poly (whos prolly the best samus even though he goes mostly sonic now), took me a while to realize what to do

Heartstring

Smash Legend
samus is hard as **** lol, not a bad matchup though just weird. i say 55 - 45 rob

i dropped a game to wes at poly (whos prolly the best samus even though he goes mostly sonic now), took me a while to realize what to do
i concur, thats pretty much the case, oneo f those wierd mu where yopu cant do the same thing you normally do, but its easy enough to adept around

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Dedede is definitely the worst for us. Between ZSS and MK I can't really say since I've never played the MU with a ZSS that knows the infinite but I would imagine that it can be worse than MK as well. Bias would make me say Falco is probally one of our worse MUs as well but I think I'm just bad at the MU in general.

Guess I haven't played a good enough snake either...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Samus vs rob is even.

KJ/wes seriously are not even close to my level. NOID is close to me though for sure.

SxK

I just don't see how the Samus MU is even, but I'll drop it. Man, Masky gave me a run for my money W/ Metaknight. Gayest **** EVAR!

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
We've discussed Diddy already...

I'm curious as to how other ROBs are thinking his MU chart will look according to the BBR's format, anyone care to share?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i talked to mr eric for help a bit initially, we only rly needed one more. then as things grew on i worked with the other panels and u saw me ask for help here the other day about shelda and samus

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
Sooo are we actually discussing G&W cuz I played Paper this weekend and had a ****ing hard time with it.... I realize we can't land w/ nairs against him, how do we get back to the ground?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sooo are we actually discussing G&W cuz I played Paper this weekend and had a ****ing hard time with it.... I realize we can't land w/ nairs against him, how do we get back to the ground?
dont land with nairs XD

no srsly, landing with nairs is good but certain chars **** it. vs. diddy i like to do a retreating fair into the ground, and if i can, ill wavebounce behind him/out of nana range. he can cover it fairly well sadly, if we jsut land though we can shield/spotdodge instantly rather than getting that bit of landing lag from nair/fair

8Bitman

Smash Master
I always found GW to be somewhat troublesome. I used to main GW at the beggining of Brawl, and I secondaried R.O.B, and eventually I just stopped using GW seriously. But after using GW for soo long you get a feel for how he plays, and what does and doesn't work against him.

GW may be overpowered, and be able to combo to a certain extent, but R.O.B takes this MU simply because of R.O.B's Gyro, and Bair.

If you space Bair just right GW can't do anything (I don't mean that you are hitting him with it, but if you keep using this move it will make the GW more cautious, and slow him down. This is a good thing, because that means you will be able to read him simpler, and combo him more often.), and it stops the GW from running and building up momentum with HIS Bair. Also GW can't do anything about R.O.B's Gyro, nothing of GW's cancels it out. And if you space Fair just right this MU is not necessarily easy but if you play it right there isn't anything to be afraid of against GW.

And you all were talking about landing with Nair, don't do that, wait in the air with them (after much reading you will know when they jump, that is how GW approaches, R.O.B needs to jump prior to GW jumping.) and Nair toward them, or get as close to GW as you can and get in the air with them and just throw out Fair's.

NEVER EVER EVER approach GW while he is on the ground, that is a very bold move to make. GW can be comboed easily in the air. That is how you will rack up %, GW can be a B**** on the ground. He has overpowered smashes, and he can shield-grab-combo just about anything.

Once you get hit by one fish of GW's Nair you phucked up. Stay away from it. GW never approaches wth Nair though it is always a Fair or Bair. So watch out for that.

Yeah sorry for the long read but if you have trouble on GW I strongly suggest you read it.

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, I did notice that b-air was really effective in this matchup towards the end. But yeah, when I was landing, he'd dash dance and follow me on the ground til I got close, so even wavebouncing didn't get me really anywhere cuz he'd follow it out of the dash dance to nair (covers so much fricken space....).

Also, what stages can I take him to? He's really annoying with platforms since he can hit rob with d-air through it (and several times when you're stupid like me..) and he's a super heavy weight when he bucket breaks, so it's really hard to kill him at FD.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Ftilt spaced properly also beats out pretty much all of his options, unless he is aiming to hit your arm when you tilt him. Stage choice is entirely preference in this MU, GW doesn't really have a bad stage (FD being his worse). Try mixing in a FF bair as you land, followed by a dtilt/ftilt. The bair is going to make him stop the approach or space youto hit him with the tilt after you land.

The biggest thing in this MU is to NOT approach him once you hit 90ish%. Those insane smashes of his are too slow for him to land unless you mess up.

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure he beats our forward tilt with his b-air. Not sure if it's a direct approach from the front, but from diagonally above he can definitely fast fall it =T... f-tilt beats his ground options, but his air game beats ours I think...

Top Bottom