• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The RoK Says this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
This is specifically for those that keep overflowing my PM box with challenges.

#1 - I'm a busy person. I'm working on Forums, I draw and all that good stuff. I have to do other things online and on smashboards I need to work with my Clan Blood-4-Blood. If I don't fight you, no skin off my back. My Clan comes first.

#2 - If we fight and you do beat me; The odds are that the match isn't of any importance. (RoK WTF do you mean?). If you ask anyone within my home regional section (Southwest, Dallas). I usually do better in tournaments and money matches than I do within friendlies. Why? As everyone know; I'm aggressive, because of this I work better in situations that leave me in a high tension state. Which is why I'm normally better if I'm behind by 1-2 lives and I'm on my Final one. I can normally pull off a "Miracle" and at one point and time, I was known for my comebacks. That being said; if nothing is on the line, odds are I'm experimenting and not playing my hardest.

#3 - People continue to try and insult the Blood-4-Blood Clan and my method of running it. Others continue to try to insult me and PM me asking to fight. Now, I hardly ask anyone to fight, or I haven't did so since about the first week or two after the debut of Brawl. A lot of people are obsessed with me and the clan; attempting to beat me or bragging over every little victory that they can have.

#4 - Right now, I do consider myself to be the best Ike. Why? I've beaten the vast majority of people I've come across. When it's a good connection everyone has problems out of me; and despite who the player is, I don't switch characters. I know on Gamebattles, a lot of people switch characters if it's Snake/Meta/Dedede or Pit. I however, don't and learn something new everytime. I'm a TRUE Ike Mainer. So if you're trying to say your Rank is better than mine. Did you stick to Ike when the going got tough? Or did you trade him in for a counter char?

#5 - Despite me owning in Ike dittos; as you all know. It takes more than this to be considered a Good Ike. It's about fighting all other characters; as that's what you're gauged in. Sure, I'm known as a good Ike; but you all only know me by Ike dittos. My true skill lies in the fact I can fight other characters; as Dittos are ALWAYS different from any other battle. Thus a reason why sometimes they're not even judged for skill at all except for that respective one.

#6 - A lot of people want me to write a guide. I can say that I won't do this because of the simple reason when I was in the Roy Forums; everyone didn't take me seriously and when I wrote guides; they flammed them and force me to close when I tried to help the community. 1 person with only 1 post commented on it and said it helped them, that was enough for me cause I reached 1 person. However, a crapload of people said I made that account just to hype myself up, which angered me anymore. I had 3 Guides I put my heart into closed down. Because of this; even if I become the very best Smasher when everything is all said and done, you will never get another guide from me.

#7 - Blood-4-Blood will be opposed to any other Ike clan and cannot hope for a Friendly alliance. If we're going to be the best Ike clan, we need to dismantle and take down any other Ike clans. So, I'm sorry if you're looking to try and be friends with us; the best thing you can do is disband your clan and Join B4BC as members.

#8 - Alliances. If an ally is friends of my enemy, depending on the situation I may or may not ask them to break it off; and if they reject or not, I may or may not declare war on those individuals. Tactical things are all in effect and you have to know what you can and cannot do. Do not think I'm being wreckless when I do things; there's a reason for everything.

#9 - Yes, RoK is spelled like that. Uppercased R. Lowercased o. Uppercased K. Stop spelling it "Rok" I didn't misspell "RoK", you did.

#10 - Little known fact. If I am complete serious and fully care about the outcome of a match and currently losing. I change my gamer's tag and the color of Ike's suit. You'll know it when you see it and the difference in my aggression will clearly be shown. But this is very rare, and only on high stakes.

CO18

Smash Hero
...... Are you even good? I just saw this as the last post on brawl character discussion and thought it was supposed to be like some show or something... this seems pointless but maybe its good for the ike boards?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well everyone is challenging/bad mouthing RoK on the Ike forums, so he is making a statement. This has some use for these boards.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
summary:

1. "how i run away"
2. "if you beat me i wasn't trying"
3. "i think i'm important"
4. "i think i'm good because just because i'm the only person who uses ike exclusively"
5. "behold my worldly view: ike v ike is different from ike v kirby"
6. "i want you guys to think people think i'm good enough to write a guide"
7. "i think i'm a good leader"
8. "i think my guild actually affects other people"
9. "not enough people care about me to spell my name right, please stop"
10. "if you beat me and i'm not my chosen color(to be determined after the match), then it wasn't real"

3xSwords

Smash Lord
summary:

1. "how i run away"
4. "i think i'm good because just because i'm the only person who uses ike exclusively"
10. "if you beat me and i'm not my chosen color(to be determined after the match), then it wasn't real"
lol
That just took all the seriousness out of RoK's statement for me.

Jamaz

Smash Rookie
I could respect you for being skilled, albeit conceited, until you wrote: "If we fight and you do beat me; The odds are that the match isn't of any importance." In any game or sport, the best do not make backup excuses.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
summary:

1. "how i run away"
Bah...the dudes just tired of people stepping on his nuts all the time. I can understand the "I'm better in a tournament situation" mentality though. A lot of the time, for people's true potential to come out they need to be in a high-pressure state. That brings out the best in a lot of people.

...now is that an excuse for people to say "Oh I wasn't trying that match?" , not really...I have the philosophy that if you're playing in a match with someone who is challenging you, you play your hardest and you play to win. However, I'm not as dependent on the high pressure situation to improve my game as apparently RoK is...which is totally legitimate, some people really just up their game insanely when in a clinch.

, basically, just get off his nuts. If he's upset enough about the PMs to POST it on the forums, then people should probably leave him alone and just let him do what he wants to do. He's going to be who he is no matter what you say, so either choose to ignore him or fly to Dallas for a serious match and force him into a clinch situation and see how you do. There's no reason to continually harass him on the forums when there can be no real resolution to the problem.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
The many Johns of RoK the Reaper...

after I beat him 3-1 in our set last night.... these were his johnz :laugh:

1. You play a defensive ike/ I play more aggressive... thats why you won.
2. I didn't really try, because your not important to me.
3. I don't go to tournaments.
4. You wasted my time earlier with GB, so I didnt try.
5. Your connection made you choppy, thats why you won.
6. I was trying out new things in our matches, I wasn't trying.

Rok... get over yourself dude...
why not just try to be a cool rok...
im sure ppl would like that side of you more.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Haha, this thread amuses me. Smash is serious business...

...not.

Monakayball

Smash Rookie
The RoK Says This:

Johns Johns Johns
........................................__......................................................
.................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..................................................
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.....................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.............................
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,....................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
This is specifically for those that keep overflowing my PM box with challenges.

#1 - I'm a busy person. I'm working on Forums, I draw and all that good stuff. I have to do other things online and on smashboards I need to work with my Clan Blood-4-Blood. If I don't fight you, no skin off my back. My Clan comes first.

#2 - If we fight and you do beat me; The odds are that the match isn't of any importance. (RoK WTF do you mean?). If you ask anyone within my home regional section (Southwest, Dallas). I usually do better in tournaments and money matches than I do within friendlies. Why? As everyone know; I'm aggressive, because of this I work better in situations that leave me in a high tension state. Which is why I'm normally better if I'm behind by 1-2 lives and I'm on my Final one. I can normally pull off a "Miracle" and at one point and time, I was known for my comebacks. That being said; if nothing is on the line, odds are I'm experimenting and not playing my hardest.

#3 - People continue to try and insult the Blood-4-Blood Clan and my method of running it. Others continue to try to insult me and PM me asking to fight. Now, I hardly ask anyone to fight, or I haven't did so since about the first week or two after the debut of Brawl. A lot of people are obsessed with me and the clan; attempting to beat me or bragging over every little victory that they can have.

#4 - Right now, I do consider myself to be the best Ike. Why? I've beaten the vast majority of people I've come across. When it's a good connection everyone has problems out of me; and despite who the player is, I don't switch characters. I know on Gamebattles, a lot of people switch characters if it's Snake/Meta/Dedede or Pit. I however, don't and learn something new everytime. I'm a TRUE Ike Mainer. So if you're trying to say your Rank is better than mine. Did you stick to Ike when the going got tough? Or did you trade him in for a counter char?

#5 - Despite me owning in Ike dittos; as you all know. It takes more than this to be considered a Good Ike. It's about fighting all other characters; as that's what you're gauged in. Sure, I'm known as a good Ike; but you all only know me by Ike dittos. My true skill lies in the fact I can fight other characters; as Dittos are ALWAYS different from any other battle. Thus a reason why sometimes they're not even judged for skill at all except for that respective one.

#6 - A lot of people want me to write a guide. I can say that I won't do this because of the simple reason when I was in the Roy Forums; everyone didn't take me seriously and when I wrote guides; they flammed them and force me to close when I tried to help the community. 1 person with only 1 post commented on it and said it helped them, that was enough for me cause I reached 1 person. However, a crapload of people said I made that account just to hype myself up, which angered me anymore. I had 3 Guides I put my heart into closed down. Because of this; even if I become the very best Smasher when everything is all said and done, you will never get another guide from me.

#7 - Blood-4-Blood will be opposed to any other Ike clan and cannot hope for a Friendly alliance. If we're going to be the best Ike clan, we need to dismantle and take down any other Ike clans. So, I'm sorry if you're looking to try and be friends with us; the best thing you can do is disband your clan and Join B4BC as members.

#8 - Alliances. If an ally is friends of my enemy, depending on the situation I may or may not ask them to break it off; and if they reject or not, I may or may not declare war on those individuals. Tactical things are all in effect and you have to know what you can and cannot do. Do not think I'm being wreckless when I do things; there's a reason for everything.

#9 - Yes, RoK is spelled like that. Uppercased R. Lowercased o. Uppercased K. Stop spelling it "Rok" I didn't misspell "RoK", you did.

#10 - Little known fact. If I am complete serious and fully care about the outcome of a match and currently losing. I change my gamer's tag and the color of Ike's suit. You'll know it when you see it and the difference in my aggression will clearly be shown. But this is very rare, and only on high stakes.
'K. I originally had a ******** joke post containing about 10 lines, but I've decided instead to take this post seriously and respond to each.
#1: 'K, it's your right to accept and decline matches. One would think that being the leader of a clan, you would accept many challenges, though. Maybe this is just an incorrect assumption, however.
#2: 'K, but if someone challenges you to a serious match for a title of some sort, this should change.
#3: Not here during that time frame; can't comment on this.
#4: Playing exclusively Ike does not make one a better Ike player. If playing counter-chars will increase the chance of winning and that person is playing to win, go for playing counter-chars. Honestly, I see nothing to debate here - you can tell someone is better than you if they consistently beat you, not if they obstinately stick to one character to the end. That said, I have no comments on whether or not you are the best Ike playing being that I kinda suck [I started playing him like 1 day ago, for like 15 minutes]. The reasons you provided in this #4 statement were poorly constructed, however.
#5: Actually, I don't know. I haven't seen a single battle with you playing. Sorry.
#6: 'K, whether or not you write a guide is your business. I do sense a bit of exaggeration in this, but that's both unsupported by fact and besides the point.
#7: If there are enough people, I personally think that it would be fun to have two competing Ike clans, but that's up to you.
#8: 'K, completely acceptable.
#9: ...I'm sorry, it's hard to comment seriously on this. Honestly? Why care if someone spells RoK rOk or Rok?
#10: 'K. Sure... being the leader of a clan, though, most matches should be pretty serious. Or one would assume. Well, whatever.

@Everyone who's saying that RoK is too serious about smash: You're a member of a FORUM dedicated to discuss smash. YOU shouldn't be talking.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
anyone thats really makin fun of rok should seriously just give him mutual respect. you dont gotta like him, but you should respect him just cuz hes better then you. and theres a 95% chance hes better then you. if you stop tryin to make fun of him and get to know him, hes a real cool guy. and i know some people are gonna go sayin im kissin up to him, if you do then your just stupid. im just sayin everyone here show ATLEAST show mutual respect not just to him, but everyone else too. peace

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
RoK just thinks to much from himself cause he fight for his (few) friends, but not only he fight for his friends.

Wow, massive johns here man.

Well, here is something to think about.

When you lose, it's not simply a defeat, but an opportunity to succeed. Progress isn't mutual with both the victor and the loser. You claim that you're the best Ike player and you don't "try hard" when playing, you experiment. How can you experiment on a lesser player, especially when the technical peak for Ike is extremely limited? Experimenting is a practice used against an opponent who you are defeated by; an exchange of tactics to see if they yield similar or different results. You can't experiment because your abilities exceed any other Ike player supposedly.

I may not be part of this clan, but I think that respecting other players, as well as your clan mates, is essential to your success. Giving excuses that fall in the "I didn't try" category just show signs of an egotistical superiority figure that only wants to achieve a high status for his/her gratification. I like the clan and all, but you should treat everyone as equals when you play, not just your associates.

Rejustify

Smash Rookie
This'll probably be ignored, seeing as how this is the first time I've ever felt the need to really post anything here. (And I'm at work, so, **** it)

This Rok guy is a pretentious douche bag. You're not even that good, judging from the youtube videos YOU posted. All you ever really do is spam smash attacks. Lame.

And speaking of douche bags, a good number of people (Not all, but some) that frequent these forums have a certain elitist air about them. Just because you're good at a video game doesn't mean you have to be an *******.

If you're good, try and show some modesty and good sportsmanship for a change. It's a lot more effective in gaining respect then throwing your **** around like a grade schooler.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
lol is there always this much drama in the Ike forums?

Also, RoK, back in the melee Roy boards you were overall conceited with your posts, naming common moves after yourself and such, and being stand-offish about it. No one likes that.

The only impression I get from this thread is that you're still arrogant. Not to mention a big-time john-machine.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
anyone thats really makin fun of rok should seriously just give him mutual respect. you dont gotta like him, but you should respect him just cuz hes better then you. and theres a 95% chance hes better then you. if you stop tryin to make fun of him and get to know him, hes a real cool guy. and i know some people are gonna go sayin im kissin up to him, if you do then your just stupid. im just sayin everyone here show ATLEAST show mutual respect not just to him, but everyone else too. peace
Isn't coming onto a board and giving a bunch of reasons for losing games a bit disrespectful? I'd honestly say there's a better than 95% chance he's better than me, just for the simple fact of I don't play that often. I play maybe a few hours every weekend. I'm not making excuses for my play, odds are if I played as much as everybody else most players would still be better than me. However we're calculating odds, and due to my lack of playing experience I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he's a cool guy, but coming onto an online forum and saying that "i'm better than everybody" is an open invitation to getting flamed. I've been on the internet 13 years, I learned that lesson after 2 weeks. I don't know how long he's been online, but surely he's learned that lesson as well.

I'm not going to say you're kissing his *** because you're probably friends. Sticking up for a friend is not kissing his ***. However he did fail to show mutual respect first. Although to be fair my only comment thus far has been "Can you smell what he's cooking?" which is a play on The Rock's signature catch phrase from back in his heyday.

Furthermore, he might be a great Ike player, maybe the best in the world for all I know. However facts are facts, and he isn't winning the local tournaments. In both the big Dallas area tournaments that have occurred since Brawl's release(of which I played in one) I don't even think he's been in the top 5. I know he hasn't been #1 in either of them. Truthfully I don't know if he played in either of them. To talk about how good he is when he has not backed it up with anything substantial is just silly.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I didn't think that RoK was this pretentious. After reading this, I have my goals set to beat RoK simply because of that. I'll be training to destroy you until there's nothing left. Our match will come eventually...

Pabs

Smash Cadet
I don't lurk on these boards too often but when you post it amuses me, RoK. Need more entertainers like you.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm sure if rok had shown alittle respect to people rather than flame, he would get a great deal of respect. Like Fonix said, he should've known that making a forum post like that would lead to a bad outcome. Now that leads to either three assumptions. Either Rok is just stupid, he is an egotistical prick, or he likes to stir things up for some reason. Personally, from playing him online, I know he isn't stupid. Also, for the sake of mankind I hope he isn't as much of a prick as he seems with his posts. I actually think Rok is just trying to become some kind of household name one way or another. Make his mark somehow. The problem is though, rather than becoming famous like the names we already know, he is becoming rather infamous for having little respect for people he plays and doing outrageous things like this post precisely. In that sense, everyone does know him, but I would rather have friends that I fight for (I'm an Ike main lol) than enemies that I fight with :p.

Btw rOk, if you are reading this, you should come to the blockbuster tournament on Sunday. Most of UTD's players should be there ;)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
summary:

1. "how i run away"
i agree with this lol and i dont even know u its just the 1st impression u gave me.

plus id like to add that being in a tournament would also make other ppl play better not just u so if they beat u out side of them they can probly make u bend over in them too.

Nokes

Smash Rookie
summary:

1. "how i run away"
RoK I dont know why u had to write such a long post this is so much easier to read and it makes more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom