• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy For Brawl Thread: Support Our Boy Roy (Roy Subspace story made in latest post

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
naah roy is more popular than them i think cuz of his appearance in melee so it would be better for him just to return and eliwood could be a costume of him and sigurd a costume of marth since they both have same hair this way everyone is happy:) especialy me...

NukeA6

Smash Master
naah roy is more popular than them i think cuz of his appearance in melee so it would be better for him just to return and eliwood could be a costume of him and sigurd a costume of marth since they both have same hair this way everyone is happy:) especialy me...
Roy more popular than Sigurd? Maybe in the West but in Japan: no way!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Roy is a personal favorite of mine, so I wouldn't mind his return if it happened. However I strongly doubt it. He doesn't really deserve to return anyways.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I would rather not see another sword user represent FE... Ike and Marth would be enough. I'd rather see some diversity like a axe user (Although Hector is pretty much out with Lyn being AT and far more wanted) or a magic user (Micaiah or Celica... Micaiah has a lot of advantages though, specifically international released game and more popularity [in both positive and negative lights]). No spear users that are worth mentioning for playable... since it's really Lords only, even as an unwritten rule.

Sigurd over Roy though if a third sword user gets put in though... and Eliwood has no chance. Even Elincia would be nice although her chances are nonexistant. The combination of magic (well, she had staves) and a sword would be more diverse than just another straight up sword user. I don't see them adding "magic swords" since Ike's Ragnell does not have it's ranged attacks like it did in game, I doubt Roy would be any different.

Hong

The Strongest
I would rather not see another sword user represent FE... Ike and Marth would be enough. I'd rather see some diversity like a axe user (Although Hector is pretty much out with Lyn being AT and far more wanted) or a magic user (Micaiah or Celica... Micaiah has a lot of advantages though, specifically international released game and more popularity [in both positive and negative lights]). No spear users that are worth mentioning for playable... since it's really Lords only, even as an unwritten rule.
Now while Ephraim isn't very popular (heck, not even I care for him), if Sakurai wanted a spear wielder from Fire Emblem, I think Ephraim kind of defaults due to it being his primary weapon. With characters like Mr. Game & Watch or Ice Climbers, they went with the character's own merits or potential instead of popularity.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really no character is perfect for playable status execept for Marth and Ike.

Roy was put in for a promotional spot, and his game was not well-received by Fire Emblem fans (though it had strong sales in Japan).

Sigurd would be another Japan-only blue-haired swordsman.

Celice is also another bliue-haired swordsman, except he looks like a girlier version of Marth.

Leaf would have an awesome moveset, however, both games he were in were Japan-only. And the one game he was the main lord in, most people did not play due to its extreme difficulty (its the hardest Fire Emblem by far) and for being was released late 1999 for the Super Famicom.

Eliwood might be too similar to his son, and is less popular than Hector or Lyn among North
American fans of Blazing Sword.

Ephraim is part of what many call the second-worst Fire Emblem.

Micaiah would be over-representing the Tellius arc and is starting to be disliked by Fire Emblem fans.

As you can see, each Fire Emblem character has their own unique disadvantages. Which is why I am even thinking that maybe the Brawl team should focus on some other series instead. However, I think Leaf would be the best, however, Sigurd is the most popular Jugdral lord by far. So realistically, I would have Sigurd or Eliwood.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Now while Ephraim isn't very popular (heck, not even I care for him), if Sakurai wanted a spear wielder from Fire Emblem, I think Ephraim kind of defaults due to it being his primary weapon. With characters like Mr. Game & Watch or Ice Climbers, they went with the character's own merits or potential instead of popularity.
I don't really put Ephraim and Game & Watch/Ice Climbers in the same boat. They at least had "classic" going for them, as well as uniqueness. While a lance could be unique, <opinion> magic or even an axe would be more unique. </opinion> I guess I just don't see anything else Ephraim could possibly have going for him... I guess he just lacks his own merits to me as well as popularity xD

I'd actually rather see another sword user like Sigurd ... or even, dare I say, Roy... than Ephraim. Of course this is coming from a person who really doesn't like his game at all. I'd make some comparisons to other FE characters but since this is the Roy topic and not the FE Character topic (which is probably closed by now) I will save that for later.

Roy > Ephraim. I'll leave it at that.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I don't really put Ephraim and Game & Watch/Ice Climbers in the same boat. They at least had "classic" going for them, as well as uniqueness. While a lance could be unique, <opinion> magic or even an axe would be more unique. </opinion> I guess I just don't see anything else Ephraim could possibly have going for him... I guess he just lacks his own merits to me as well as popularity xD

I'd actually rather see another sword user like Sigurd ... or even, dare I say, Roy... than Ephraim. Of course this is coming from a person who really doesn't like his game at all. I'd make some comparisons to other FE characters but since this is the Roy topic and not the FE Character topic (which is probably closed by now) I will save that for later.

I'ma gonna QFT this. D:

Whatever, I say that Sigurd could be both a sword-user and a spear-user, possibly. Or if Sakurai wants to all FE reps to use their Legendary Weapons (Ragnell, Falchion, Sword of Seals, Tyrfing, etc.) then Sigurd will be locked to swords only.

Ephraim sadly co-starred the 2nd worst FE game, I liked Ephraim, but not as much as other FE characters, I like Eliwood more than him and Eirika.

Ike's alt. costumes until now have no resemblance either to Marth and Roy, so maybe it takes out the ìdea of both being alt. costumes. Heh.

Hong

The Strongest

I agree. It's just saying how a character with few to little merits could make it in easily. Not like I care for Ephraim. >.> He is cool appearance wise, but that's about it.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I agree. It's just saying how a character with few to little merits could make it in easily. Not like I care for Ephraim. >.> He is cool appearance wise, but that's about it.
Well, I didn't mean that as you supporting him if that is how it went across, I was more or less pointing out that I didn't see any possible pros other than "spear user." And you basically answered the thought I had about "what other merits could get him in" with: "none, really." But hey... I guess Ice Climber's only had two merits.

I also still have a bad taste in my... mind I guess... from almost supporting Roy XD I'll go back to sticking with Micaiah and Sigurd as my two for possible representation and various others who don't have a chance or are not lords.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Honestly, I kind of think that the GBA FE's may get the third FE spot. I really don't want them to though. I don't think it would be Hector, but Eliwood. He was the real main of FE7 (although I like Hector and Lyn better) and he has some familiarity among Smashers by being related to Roy.

If I had my way, FE would have 5 reps. Ike, Marth, Micaiah, Shiva, and Camus, but that is definately wishful thinking. I would like for FE6-8 to be ATs.

Logically, I think the third spot is between Eliwood, Micaiah, and Sigurd. But a lot of what I said is just opinion and speculation, so don't take it too seriously.

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
I did admitably enjoy Roy's playstyle in melee, I was fully aware of how much he sucked and would never have played him compeditively, but for friendlies it was great fun, and little is as priceless as killing someone with the fair.(seriously whats with the wimpy "fap" sound when you hit someone with it?)

I would like to see a return of Roy's playstyle, mroe groudn based; however if it does return I would like to see it properly implemented with a good ground moveset to offest the bad aerials, where Roy just all around sucked.

Much like Mewtwo, Roy lacks popularity because he was so amazingly horrible. Few people would support shiek's return to brawl if he/she hadn't been so good in Melee.

Overall, I don't think Roy will return but I'm neither for nor aganist it. He has the potential to be decent, but its doubtful it will see completion due to his performance in melee.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I believe I was promised cookies if I came here. I have been grossly misinformed.
wheres the cookies

yes roy needs to return he is 1 of my mains
I'm really indifferent about Roy, though I'd prefer Marth...

but I heard something about cookies. *looks around

My opinion could shift for cookies...Maybe.
*pulls some cookies out of an oven*

So what do you want? I got chocalate chip, gingerbread, shortbread, peanutbutter, mint, and just reghular cookies with the Sword of Seals on them. I hope you enjoy them.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

So what do you want? I got chocalate chip, gingerbread, shortbread, peanutbutter, mint, and just reghular cookies with the Sword of Seals on them. I hope you enjoy them.
No Snickerdoodle or oatmeal raisin?

... Hmm... *tries a chocolate chip* Not bad though. I liked Roy a lot in Melee at first before I started playing with speedier characters. It got to the point where I feel much more at home with characters like Marth, Fox, and Falco. I expect I'll like sonic in Brawl, despite not liking him anywhere else except SA2B.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ugh, the other trasnlator still has not gotten back to me yet. Tomorrow, I am going to just ask Samurai Panda to translate the Roy rumor for me (among other rumors that I found). I will post the translations in this topic as soon as I get a response.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice

Dang............where is oatmeal raisan?

And may I ask what this rumor is exactly?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dang............where is oatmeal raisan?

And may I ask what this rumor is exactly?
*pulls out some oatmeal raisen cookies*

Just for you. ^_^

Well, anyway there are two rumors that I found. One is that the voice actors for Marth, Roy, and Ganondorf are doing voicework for Brawl, however, the information got pulled down (sort of like what happened with that voice actress that is voicing Krystal), however, I need a translation to see how reliable it is. I also found another rumor relating to the Subspace Emissary, which I am going to need Samurai Panda's translation skills for as well. Keep in mind, that I am going onto Japanese forums eveyday searching out new Smash information, rumors, and opinions. That's how I found that December 15 Possible Roster Leak information.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay, I just sent a PM to Samurai Panda about the Marth, Roy, and Ganondorf rumor (as well as the Subspace Emissary rumor).

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Hell Yeah!! Roy's chances are rising!! cant w8 to see hes new moves if he comes i hope they are good so that i don't go marth like i did in melee

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hell Yeah!! Roy's chances are rising!! cant w8 to see hes new moves if he comes i hope they are good so that i don't go marth like i did in melee
Easy there. I am still waiting on a translation, that way I can determine how likely it is.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That thing still put the chances up didn't it??
Sorry, I still didn't get a response back from Samurai Panda, but if the rumor is reliable then (judging by what the translation is) it will have boost Roy's chances considerably.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
There are two rumors that I found. One is that the voice actors for Marth, Roy, and Ganondorf are doing voicework for Brawl, however, the information got pulled down (sort of like what happened with that voice actress that is voicing Krystal), however, I need a translation to see how reliable it is. I also found another rumor relating to the Subspace Emissary, which I am going to need Samurai Panda's translation skills for as well. Keep in mind, that I am going onto Japanese forums eveyday searching out new Smash information, rumors, and opinions. That's how I found that December 15 Possible Roster Leak information.
Hm, Interesting, really interesting.

But rumors are rumors... it kind of makes me doubt, KIND of, and I don't want to believe other people's words without any kind of proof.

Not saying I don't believe you though, keep on the rumor search dude!

JONNO.FRESH

Smash Rookie
Roy is my Main in melee. He's also my fav. character to use. I really hope he comes back. It'd suck heaps if he was cut

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just had the weirdest dream. I had a dream I met with Sakurai and I asked him if Roy was still a playable character and he said no, and then I asked him if Eliwood was in and he nodded his head. Then when I went to ask him some more questions about other characters he just disappeared. :ohwell:

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think anyone believed Roy's chances are that high. I mean, I'd love to have him. Many of us would. However I feel they'd opt for his globally known father Eliwood. Roy having a voice actor for Brawl won't mean a lot. I mean, he'll probably be an Assist Trophy that hits the stage with Flare Blade and causes a ridiculously large explosion. :p

Roy as a playable character? Just awesome, but not likely. :/

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone believed Roy's chances are that high. I mean, I'd love to have him. Many of us would. However I feel they'd opt for his globally known father Eliwood. Roy having a voice actor for Brawl won't mean a lot. I mean, he'll probably be an Assist Trophy that hits the stage with Flare Blade and causes a ridiculously large explosion. :p

Roy as a playable character? Just awesome, but not likely. :/
The voice actor could also do the voice to Eliwood, as well as a Roy Assist Trophy. Well either way, the Japanese think that if there is a third Fire Emblem character it will be either Eliwood or Micaiah.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
thats bad news cuz most likely its micaiah but it could be roy returning cuz he can be a costume

Hong

The Strongest
u said eliwood which roy can be his costume
Well.

The only notable different is Roy is younger (thus smaller) and replaces the coat for a tunic. Oh, the hair style exposes Roy's headgear a bit more, I guess. Roy doesn't have a brighter shade of red, that's just the image quality. Eliwood is more or less always wearing a Roy costume. :p

Top Bottom