• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Salmon smash"

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
oooooo. this is working its way into the chart...some ppl can be salmon smashed from rolling away.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Darn it.

I thought we were all already doing this. :(

But not to dwell on that (OH THE TORMENT OF MY ETERNAL ANONYMITY!). . .

Okay so what I've always thought about this technique is, can it be better and worse executed? To ask this question, first I have to ask, are dashdances singular for each character? That is, is there only one way (one frame at which) to link a dash reverse to a dash, given your character? It seems so, since dash dances keep the character in place until you trip or miss the reverse, as opposed to sometimes moving a little to the left or a little to the right each cycle. However, I can't dash dance (more than one iteration), and I don't see it elsewhere except in Kosk's (stunningly) flawless dance taunts, so I don't know for sure.

If there is only one way to dash dance, then maximizing the range comes down to timing the C-stick input on the reverse dash. Specifically, you want to move as little as possible.

If, however, there is a larger range of possible dash dance inputs, then maximizing this involves (1) waiting on the reverse input for as long as possible (or up to that long, as desired), and (2) timing the C-stick input on the reverse dash, in the same sense as the other possibility.

This is of course relevant to practicing the tech. If the case is the first, technical mastery is trivial. But if it isn't, we obviously want to get the most out of this.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If, however, there is a larger range of possible dash dance inputs, then maximizing this involves (1) waiting on the reverse input for as long as possible
Yup.. That's what you'll want to do, to get the most range out of it.
And then you interupt your retreating dashdance-part with Fmash, as soon as it started, so that Ganon won't dashdance back to where he started.

There are different speed levels of how fast you can Dashdance.
I do the slow paced one; sounds: *Tonk, Tonk, Tonk, Tonk, Tonk,*

Kosk do the fast paced one; which is too fast for the Dash-SFX to even come out.
"Demonic dance/twirl" ?

oooooo. this is working its way into the chart...some ppl can be salmon smashed from rolling away.
Most likely..
Go play around with it!

:034:

Smash Hero
I can't do the fast dashdance with my thumb... I have to put my palm over it and move it left to right quickly to do it.

It looks funny though, and it's the ultimate mindgame.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I can't do the fast dashdance with my thumb... I have to put my palm over it and move it left to right quickly to do it.

It looks funny though, and it's the ultimate mindgame.
Yea, I too use my palm for quicker or longer dashdances.
But to reach insane speed, I use my tongue:lick:

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
Wait, in order to perform this do you tap the Control Stick like you would to dash or barely move it, like you would to execut an Ftilt?

Top Bottom