• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Salt Mines; Featuring 100% More Salt!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Venue:
Gamers Xperiene
6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
770-482-1411

Note that while there is a few places to park right outside the venue, there is a huge parking area across the street from the venue.

This is not the same venue as the usual "SALT" tournaments, but instead at Gamers Xperience

When:
Date: August 6th, 2011.
Time: Sign-ups will start at 2:00 P.M. Singles for pools will start at 3 and doubles will start around 5.

Rules:

This tournament will follow the BBR:RC's Unity Ruleset found here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

There is a $5 door fee if you want to play smash and $8 if you want to play any other games.
$10 for singles
$20 per team for doubles

Payouts are:
60/30/10

We need wiis and brawl disc mostly. The venue will be supplying 6 TVs, bringing extras can't hurt, but the main thing are wii and brawl disc.

If you need to contact us for any reason then feel free to do so. I am not partnered with the venue in anyway, I'm just a customer that's holding a tournament there using their venue. you can reach me at 678-910-8096. The venue's contact information is listed above.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Kola, you should definitely come. One of my friends (trying to get in the competitive scene) played you in friendlies or something and said you gave him really good advice and stuff.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Kola, you should definitely come. One of my friends (trying to get in the competitive scene) played you in friendlies or something and said you gave him really good advice and stuff.
Really now? When was this?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll probably be working, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out, which should be next week.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
My birthday is on the date of this tournament. I don't know if I will be able to go.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I may or may not be here. I just found out I get to pay a $200 water bill for this past month for my place in Charleston that I haven't even been at since April (I suspect foul play/need to call the water dept.) so we'll see if I can afford it.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
So who all is thinking of going to this exactly? I only see Neo and McP really saying they are prob coming. It's a little less than a week away so I'd like to see some hype about it... GA's smash scene is really sad right now imo but whatever.

Also, am I your ride to this Hunter? lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
So attendance list (interested and confirmed):
-Me
-Micaelis
-Dyno
-Chez
-Alby
-Mc P
-Gerrard (IDK who he is?)
-P3
-P2

Reflex says he's finding out his work schedule tomorrow and will bring calvin if he can, it's not looking like we'll have enough for doubles but we'll see how many people are there when we get there.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Okay so as far as I can tell the current attendance list for this tournament THIS Saturday is the following...

Attending:
Albino
Mercy
Neo_X
Micaelis
Player-1

Probably Attending/Not Sure:
MC PeePants
Gerrad
HeroChima? (someone contact this man)

Maybe Attending/Interested:
Hichez
Huggles
Player-2
Player-3
Reflex
Calvin
Dynomite
Kola

If I was wrong on any of that correct me people. I'd like to see a decent turn out to this please. Can we get at least some moderate hype?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to make it. I also got a $70 electric bill just now and I KNOW I shut off the electricity. I'm $300 down the hole for someone else's problem, so I'm not gonna be able to afford this/be able to correct this before this Saturday. Have fun guys, sorry I can't make it. I might be able to make it later on when I get some cash after my birthday.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
If I can get a ride, I'll be more than happy to attend. I can meet some1 at a train station if that helps shorten the distance.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm working from 11 to 3 on this day. :/

I could totally speed from work to get here in two hours, but I don't want to miss Doubles. :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm not sure we'll even have enough people for doubles from what it looks like or maybe we can with a small round robin or something.

Btw, Billy said he'll come and so did Player-3.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Does anyone know if MARTA is close to the venue anyways and if so which station? I do know that I will drive right past Exit 5C off 400 aka the North Springs MARTA station. The last train leave from there at 1:05 AM so most likely Deo I can pick you up from North Springs MARTA station if you can make it there (I hope that's the kind of train station you were talking about?) and get you back before the last train leaves.

@Reflex - I wouldn't mind delaying the tournament for you at all but it's up to Hunter. I don't think anyone else would mind starting at 5ish instead of 3. I'd really like for you to come but if you don't want to make the drive then I understand, I don't blame you. Hope you can make it though <3

New Attendance List:
Micaelis
Billy
Player-1
Dynomite
Player-3
Neo_X
Alby
Deo
AML?!
Mercy
MC PeePants
Gerrad

Maybe List:
Reflex
Calvin (with Reflex?)

Well, this looks better than it did a couple of days ago! If you know anyone else who wants to maybe come, don't forget to contact them guys.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if MARTA is close to the venue anyways and if so which station? I do know that I will drive right past Exit 5C off 400 aka the North Springs MARTA station. The last train leave from there at 1:05 AM so most likely Deo I can pick you up from North Springs MARTA station if you can make it there (I hope that's the kind of train station you were talking about?) and get you back before the last train leaves.
Yes i can definitely meet you at North Springs. Give me ur # so I can keep in touch.

Player-1

Smash Legend
So what's probably going to happen is we'll start at the normal time or an hour later than expected with singles pools. Reflex and Calvin and maybe a few other AL players will be arriving a couple of hours later and when they get there we'll start doubles which might end up being a round robin depending on how many teams enter and in between doubles matches AL players will play their pools and then we'll start bracket after that's done. Number of pools and amount of people to get out will be decided once we see how many people are there.

Doubles may be 70/30 pot split depending on amount of teams.

Top Bottom