• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The blooming effect reminds me of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. When it's night time and you come across a blue Rupee, it glows. It's really cool looking. The same when you're about to enter Twilight.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Actually, it reminds me of MP3C. Must be the bloom.
Corruption applied the bloom in several areas very well, like Norion and the Valhalla, but it just looked terrible on Elysia and certain areas of the Pirate Homeworld.

EDIT: Speaking of horribly-applied bloom lighting, I added more to the 360 post.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I didn't find a problem with the bloom affect on Elysia and the Pirate Homeworld. :ohwell:
In my opinion, it made Elysia look too bright. Considering its level design is already so repetitive in so many areas, it makes getting lost a lot easier.

As for the Pirate Homeworld, I'd already seen enough red with bloom lighting by then. The Valhalla just looked better.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I just recently played Corruption again and I loved it. The lighting too, only prob I had was how her armor looked. her legs were WAY to skinny

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
no, but like the hips are flat. like it goes from hip to leg without any real size increase or decrease. Much prefer her brawl suit if it lit up :)

Try searching it, metroid prime 3 it's got so many cut seens that your sure to find a picture of it

Crystanium

Smash Hero
no, but like the hips are flat. like it goes from hip to leg without any real size increase or decrease. Much prefer her brawl suit if it lit up :)

Try searching it, metroid prime 3 it's got so many cut seens that your sure to find a picture of it
I've played the game so many times. I just don't see "skinny."

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I just recently played Corruption again and I loved it. The lighting too, only prob I had was how her armor looked. her legs were WAY to skinny
Of the Prime games, probably the only thing I ever really had a problem with was the design of Samus' visor in MP1. It just looked too simple to me.

As for special effects though, in MP2:E I loved those strange, blue-glowing plants. When you stepped inside of them, they caused your visor to blur with a bright light. I don't remember where or what they were called, but I liked just walking into them, hahah.

I also loved that effect when those flying computer things in the data tower shot you with a virus. Sometimes I would just get shot on purpose just to see the neat effects.

By the way, anyone notice how in the beginning of MP3:C, when it introduces Samus with the screen "Heart Rate: --BPM" then "glitches" out as an effect of... corruption I guess? (Even though she hasn't been corrupted yet.) All the text appears on screen, and amidst it there's "Wii Format...." something something something. I could never read the rest of it. Just thought it was nifty.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Really Dryn?? weird dude, look again, literly chick has no hips in the third powersuit. try comparing maybe first prime and 3rd?

Lol gig's I love your sig. ty good synopsis of all the games as well.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
By the way, anyone notice how in the beginning of MP3:C, when it introduces Samus with the screen "Heart Rate: --BPM" then "glitches" out as an effect of... corruption I guess? (Even though she hasn't been corrupted yet.) All the text appears on screen, and amidst it there's "Wii Format...." something something something. I could never read the rest of it. Just thought it was nifty.
That's not Samus' heart rate, or I don't think it is. 15 BPM? I've always thought of it as Dark Samus' heart rate.

Cherry64, you can see the original art of Samus Aran in the PED Suit here. Whether or not she has an "hips" doesn't bother me. Samus appeared masculine in the original art. She had broad shoulders and a wide waist. That's masculine. Observe.

These are missing when Samus has the Fusion Suit. Anyway, I don't see wide hips on Samus in Metroid Prime.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
That's not Samus' heart rate, or I don't think it is. 15 BPM? I've always thought of it as Dark Samus'.
Maybe, I'm not sure. I just thought it was Samus' because each of the Prime games start off with text like that, introducing missions, ect. Though I believe one can argue that Dark Samus has been technically around since MP1, but... that's more complicated than I'm willing to go into, hahah.

All in all--*Shrugs*.

EDIT: I wish they would make another Metroid that works similar to Smash. The side scrolling in a 3D environment, that is. I'd think that would be pretty cool.

For those of you who've played Mega Man, like the transition from X to X8. (We won't mention X7 though...) Or Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I love how you guys get a random thread and actually stay on the topic of Samus.

[No seriously, this isn't sarcasm, I wish a lot of boards did this.]

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Didn't you post this as part of a progressive series of images over at Metroid2002? Adding the Morph Ball for comparison afterward was a nice touch.
Right, I recall posting them there since it was requested, as with the MBalls and various other things.

Anyway, I believe that intro text is pertaining to Samus. It talks about her ship's autopilot, and her coordinates above Norion (was Dark Samus's intro tank stored there?). Then in the garbled broken text when the life anomaly is detected, it has hidden messages like "wake up. wake up. I am awake samus". Finally, when she regains consciousness, her suit says "vital signs stable" or something to that effect, which would make sense considering an anomaly was detected.

Then again, that intro scene really didn't make much sense to me at all other than DS breaking out of her tank. :/

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, I don't know. One thing I do know is that I am bored. What you see below is proof of my boredom.

-- Life-Support Status --
Cryogenic systems stable.
Heart rate 15 bpm.
Blood Pres

Life-support anomaly detected.
Neurological readings indicat

Destination Coor\n..............0xFFFFFFFF NULL
'M\0...Kämpfen000D889A723E9FF198X8D99AF199281910
''%s (error %d)''••--0x00000010.................
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■DANGER■■■■■overrun'H'H'H'H'H'H'H
Vous mourez .s i v otre■■900289EA09F0A1
BIOSv3.0 Wii Format 'H'H'H'H'H'H'H'H'H'H?. (y/n)
029848A7D98E8098F88A98C0982877C80948289A0D988207
andrayda hat sich die Gestalt\n.\0\0B..........
2984788D782987G77A987E7A09809482889D0A9881737019
0X09A0988A0X07098390 m o r i r a i i i i i. . i
G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F​

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I love how you guys get a random thread and actually stay on the topic of Samus.

[No seriously, this isn't sarcasm, I wish a lot of boards did this.]
Does this mean we're Azua's favorite?

-- Life-Support Status --
Cryogenic systems stable.
Heart rate 15 bpm.
Blood Pres

Life-support anomaly detected.
Neurological readings indicat

Destination Coor\n..............0xFFFFFFFF NULL
'M\0...Kämpfen000D889A723E9FF198X8D99AF199281910
''%s (error %d)''••--0x00000010.................
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■DANGER■■■■■overrun'H'H'H'H'H'H'H
Vous mourez .s i v otre■■900289EA09F0A1
BIOSv3.0 Wii Format 'H'H'H'H'H'H'H'H'H'H?. (y/n)
029848A7D98E8098F88A98C0982877C80948289A0D988207
andrayda hat sich die Gestalt\n.\0\0B..........
2984788D782987G77A987E7A09809482889D0A9881737019
0X09A0988A0X07098390 m o r i r a i i i i i. . i
G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F.S. \0G.F​
Well, I'm not quite sure if I'm reading this right, but there seems to be a lot of German mixed into that, and the Galactic Federation Starship designation seems to get repeated a lot at the end. Gandrayda's name also got cut off. It's almost like they tried spoiling the game, but at a fast enough pace that you couldn't pick it up.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Does this mean we're Azua's favorite?
Maybe. She's my favorite. Haha!

Well, I'm not quite sure if I'm reading this right, but there seems to be a lot of German mixed into that, and the Galactic Federation Starship designation seems to get repeated a lot at the end. Gandrayda's name also got cut off. It's almost like they tried spoiling the game, but at a fast enough pace that you couldn't pick it up.
There's also French. "Vous mourez." This is relevant.

Ravin

Smash Lord
I would comment about how most smart people main Samus.

Then I see Xyro.

10lol's.

<3

pAce

Smash Cadet
Having just played some Samus dittos, I've realised they can be very frustrating. The missiles and charge shot just cancel each other out, then eventually you get impatient and get punished for it. :ohwell:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'm waiting for a particularly large download to finish. After that, I'm going to mess around with it and go to sleep.

You?

I was actually sick lol, still am but I'm feeling much better now, so i ended up going to bed right after posting that lol.

@ pAce: that's why I love samus ditto's. who's style of fighting with her wins :)
Dryn and me once talked about it and he said skill with samus, I say style wins this MU however.

Wonder if he's come around yet?

<3 Ravin

pAce

Smash Cadet
@ pAce: that's why I love samus ditto's. who's style of fighting with her wins :)
Dryn and me once talked about it and he said skill with samus, I say style wins this MU however.

Wonder if he's come around yet?

<3 Ravin
We seemed fairly equal in skill. He liked to sit back and barrage me with spam, so in turn I felt like I had to as well to combat him.

I somehow managed to lose every ditto. I'm kinda disappointed because I felt like I deserved to win at least once. I did beat him with Snake, though. :laugh:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
We seemed fairly equal in skill. He liked to sit back and barrage me with spam, so in turn I felt like I had to as well to combat him.

I somehow managed to lose every ditto. I'm kinda disappointed because I felt like I deserved to win at least once. I did beat him with Snake, though. :laugh:
Hate that lol, when it's super close but you always lose. no fun at all :(
Anyways though good job with the snake win lol.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, guys, I just got my copy of Wii de Asobu: Metroid Prime in the mail, yesterday. I patched the ISO file to force the game's language as english and decided to give it a go, today. The patch worked, and the text is identical to the U.S. GameCube version. I just got to the Wave Beam, and I'm going through the Phendrana research outpost as I type this.

EDIT 1: I got the Gravity Suit and the Ice Beam. More differences listed below.

So far, I've noticed the following differences while playing through the game on Veteran:

• Bloom lighting has been added.
  • Texture resolution has been slightly increased.
  • Environmental damage has been increased by a factor of two.
  • Scan dashing has been removed, possibly to counteract sequence breaking.
  • Spring Ball from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is intact.
  • Rapid-fire charge shot from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is intact.
  • Scan for the Barbed War Wasp hive above the Incinerator Drone returns a blank message. (Could be a fault of the ISO patch.)
  • Flaahgra's music now plays properly.
  • Scan points on red crystals in Magmoor Caverns have been removed.
  • Baby Sheegoths' shells are twice as strong as normal.
  • Flying Pirate confrontation at the Frigate Crash Site can be avoided by shutting the door and re-opening it after alerting them.
  • Ice Beam has new particle effects.
  • Arm cannon is no longer covered in ice as Ice Beam charges.
  • Jelzap vacuum speed has been significantly increased.
  • Aqua Reaper AI has been significantly improved.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would comment about how most smart people main Samus.

Then I see Xyro.

10lol's.

<3
I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much now.

Also, camping(as in outdoors, crap in the woods, burn yourself with fire camping) ftl.

Also, do want new Primes.

-Soldier-

Smash Rookie
Hello, Samus mains.

New here, but not to competitive Smash. Going to be snooping around, see what I can find and discuss.

Also, Xyro is too good.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hello, Samus mains.

New here, but not to competitive Smash. Going to be snooping around, see what I can find and discuss.

Also, Xyro is too good.
THANK YOU for using samus!!!!! We need more people like you. An thanks for accepting im amazing.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hello, Samus mains.

Also, Xyro is too good.
Wow IsmaR being nice for once is shocking, Please soldier boy do not make his ego bigger than it already is. We'll hear about it for another week or so. just... let it die down a bit lol

kthnx

Top Bottom