• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
dude, nice background.
I'll be on tomorrow for a bit during the day. then I dunno, my gf wants me to take her to a movie so I may just do that.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I know that it's been attempted several times and you guys just don't take to it, but over on the Link boards(on AiB) the chat has really been used to further the metagame as we discuss strategies, and even attempt tactics, setups, or whatever, in real time. Once we start coming up with fully formed ideas we make a thread put all the info in and basically add it to our knowledge base. It's decidedly helpful for that and for just talking about random nonsense. I'd say give it a try. Maybe Link mains just don't have lives like Samus mains but I think it's worth it to give the chat a try. Maybe just have it in an open tab until you hear the sounds of people logging in or posting.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
equating samus to metakarp..

yeah thats pretty accurate i'd say.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Lucas+Samus. Interesting. Why the hell not XD.

You weren't there at C3 last weekend but did you see Boss+PS team on Livestream? PS grabbed, Boss up+b'ed. **** after ****.

We can do that, but replace up+B with your up+smash. ^^

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lucas+Samus. Interesting. Why the hell not XD.

You weren't there at C3 last weekend but did you see Boss+PS team on Livestream? PS grabbed, Boss up+b'ed. **** after ****.

We can do that, but replace up+B with your up+smash. ^^
Good stuff. Fully Charged U-smash kills at like 50% with DI lol.

Charge shots Heal 30%.

G&W/Marth will cause us massive problems. Ahhh, we need some way to practice team work.

Oh and turn on Visitor messaging :)

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Good stuff. Fully Charged U-smash kills at like 50% with DI lol.

Charge shots Heal 30%.

G&W/Marth will cause us massive problems. Ahhh, we need some way to practice team work.

Oh and turn on Visitor messaging :)
It's on XD. I think only Neo would be Marth... G&W would be gay.

No idea on the practice part. We'll have to get there early I suppose.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Today was going so good until I found it out. I got an A in Summer School, today was my last day, it was raining(good in desert), good news for the folks.

:(

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
this is bad
real bad
michael jackson

i wonder how the melee falcon boards are taking it, with their beloved moonwalking and all

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Good work, Serris. You said it was a wip, so if I were you, I'd try to buff SA-X a bit. Just a suggestion.

I've been playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of that game. It was made for the PlayStation back in '97. You played as a dhampir named Adrian Farenheits Tepes, or Alucard. Well, I completed the game already, and I really want to play more Castlevania games, but what I like a lot about SotN, besides it being the first Castlevania game that I had ever played is that I like the feeling of the past. I'm not a fan of the original Castlevania games, because it's not one huge map to explore. I'm also not really interested in the newer games, because I don't like to play as a Belmont. I'll probably give Harmony of Dissonance a shot, though.

Anyway, after playing SotN, I thought it would be interesting if Nintendo ever got around to making a Metroid game that worked a bit like SotN. Both are platformer adventures, and because of their similarities, the term "Metroidvania" has been made by fans. A Metroidvania is a 2D game that has similarities to Metroid and Castlevania, but it does not have to be Metroid or Castlevania. While the Prime series has a Metroidvania feel to it, it can't be considered such, since they're 3D. I'm getting ahead of myself, though. So, here were some ideas that I had.

This Metroid game would be an RPG that works like SotN or any post-SotN Castlevania games. It would not work anything like Final Fantasy. You would start off with your Zero Suit and the Pistol. In this game, the pistol would be able to injure your enemies, since Samus doesn't have anything else at her disposal at that time. (Maybe her fists?) There would probably be new armors and weapons, since five kinds of armor just isn't going to cut it, and we probably would not allow the Phazon Suit or PED Suit into the game, since there isn't any Phazon in the game, anyway. The Fusion Suit would be non-existent, unless this was post-Fusion.

Here are the kind of suits that Samus would have. I'm not going to put in any new armor or beam weapons, since I don't want to go too far from what we have right now. Here's what I have so far. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Zero Suit:
Power Suit:
Varia Suit: Strong vs. fire-based attacks.
Gravity Suit:
Light Suit: Strong vs. dark-based attacks.
Dark Suit: Strong vs. light-based attacks.
Hazard Shield: Protection from harmful liquids and enviroments.

Pistol:
Power Beam: The standard beam weapon; high rate of fire.
Long Beam: Increases the distance of any beam weapon.
Wide Beam: Increases the width of any beam; fires three beams; excludes Hyper Beam.
Charge Beam: Increases the damage of any beam weapon; excludes Hyper Beam.
Wave Beam:
Ice Beam:
Spazer Beam:
Plasma Beam:
Dark Beam:
Light Beam:
Annihilator Beam:
Nova Beam:
Hyper Beam: Strongest of all beams.

Combat Visor:
Scan Visor: Displays enemy's name and damage.
Thermal Visor: Allows the wearer to see cloaked enemies, as well as through poor weather conditions.
X-Ray Visor: Shows hidden rooms.
Dark Visor: Sees beyond localized dimensions.
Echo Visor:
Hi-Jump Boots: Wearer can reach higher places.
Space Jump: Wearer can perform a double jump.
Speed Booster: Wearer can move swiftly.

I have some things to note. The Long, Wide, and Charge Beam can be used in conjunction with the other beams, except for the Hyper Beam. So, these three items would likely not be in the Beam section. They would probably be in a miscellaneous section. Beam weapons cannot be stacked, so it works like Metroid (NES) and Metroid 2: The Return of Samus. You are free to select which beam weapon you want to choose, though, which was not an option in the aforementioned games.

You are free to use two beams, however, since the controller would use two attack buttons. So, if you wanted to use the Ice and Wave Beam, you could select those two, but they would have to be placed in one of the two buttons that you could use to attack. So, let's say that you wanted to use the Y and X button to use your beams. You could make the Y button fire the Ice Beam, and the X button fire the Wave Beam.

While this is possible for any beam weapon, even the Spazer and Plasma Beam, this is not possible for the Hyper Beam. Like SotN, where if you selected a two-handed sword, such as the Sword of Dawn, both Y and X would use the Hyper Beam. If you try to add another beam while the Hyper Beam is added, the Hyper Beam will be removed, and the button you used, whether Y or X, will have the beam you selected. The other attack button will be free, so you could either use your fist, or add another weapon.

As for suits, Samus can be equipped only with one suit. About the Scan Visor, in all the Metroid Prime series, Samus was able to use only one visor at a time. The same goes here, except for the Scan Visor. This can be turned on, and you are still free to use other visors, though only one visor at a time. The reason why I excluded the Scan Visor from this, is because you want to be able to see the name of your enemy, as well as how much HP he has left. Yes, I said HP, but don't worry, Samus will still be acquiring Energy Tanks. They'll just act a bit differently.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Page stretcher.

Funny comment, Serris. I lol'd. :chuckle:

I'm on my Wii right now, people. Anyone can friendly if they want.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol, well I like to post here, but I was the last person to. thus I couldn't or Dryn would infract meh :(

P.S. the page stretcher is REALLY annoying. Maybe serris could putter into a link??

also i dibs Pink suit samus Guys :D She's mah hoe!

I love a Blondie that wears pink

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
i was in new york for 2 days and i accidently ran into a smash tournament where i met wes. and saw bum. and met some dude called waldo who was really cool.
so ****ing random. i was just looking for contra 4. (and i didnt find it :()

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
lolcallingdibsonasuit

I stopped doing that after too many people started doing it. If I still did it, I'd end up using the Dark Suit. I switch colors anyway. <3 Gravity/Varia/Original Varia/Dark

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
For any of you that use CREDIT/DEBIT cards, please read my newest blog. This **** MIGHT save you one day.

And no, this sint sarcasm or trash talk. This is real life ****.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=25454
That bites way too hard dude.
I assume you've talked to your credit card people already right? they should be able to/by law need to restore your balence.

@Ravin, yes you left and no one talked in here anymore. btw we have a samus chat noa!

another Edit: totally finished reading the article, not just the 1rst paragraph and I see that you didn't have to pay lol. good stuff.

Top Bottom