• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Cave would destroy you.
You are pretty good, but it's more due to the fact that no one plays anymore. You have really good tech skill but frankly it's obvious you don't have much experience and that you are still new at the game, you get hit by some stupid stuff.

As for good SA people that I think are def better than you even though they don't touch this game like the rest of us, here's a list

Caveman
Smiles
SOS
MrC
Fear
Matt L (Haha)
Zulu
Bluezaft (do you still count for SA?)
JR
XLR8
and probably a few others that I can't think of right now.

If I practiced for a week I'd put myself on there too, but unfortunately smash is mostly dead here so I doubt that would happen.

For the record for everyone else though he did just win the San Japan melee tourney. But it was against the likes of Me, Kyle, Ben, and UglyWombat but I don't think any of us have hardly touched the game at all since brawl came out....

Alex sorry man not really trying to be rude you seemed like a cool guy and I wouldn't mind playing some melee with you if I didn't have to drive, at least not very far, just don't talk **** about people you've never played before or our entire state for that matter. If you wanna play though we should set something up.
no johns

Anyways i hope i continue to get better, i was gonna go to san japan just incase they had a tekken tourny but i had to work :(

I would of also enjoyed watching the melee tourny.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Cave would destroy you.
You are pretty good, but it's more due to the fact that no one plays anymore. You have really good tech skill but frankly it's obvious you don't have much experience and that you are still new at the game, you get hit by some stupid stuff.

As for good SA people that I think are def better than you even though they don't touch this game like the rest of us, here's a list

Caveman
Smiles
SOS
MrC
Fear
Matt L (Haha)
Zulu
Bluezaft (do you still count for SA?)
JR
XLR8
and probably a few others that I can't think of right now.

If I practiced for a week I'd put myself on there too, but unfortunately smash is mostly dead here so I doubt that would happen.

For the record for everyone else though he did just win the San Japan melee tourney. But it was against the likes of Me, Kyle, Ben, and UglyWombat but I don't think any of us have hardly touched the game at all since brawl came out....

Alex sorry man not really trying to be rude you seemed like a cool guy and I wouldn't mind playing some melee with you if I didn't have to drive, at least not very far, just don't talk **** about people you've never played before or our entire state for that matter. If you wanna play though we should set something up.
Hahaha wow you weren't anything like this at the tournament, actually at the tournament you were telling other ppl " watch this im about to get two stocked!" and yea lets see i beat you, 6 times that were just tournement and i think like another six that were friendly's....and you beat me 3 times and one was on my Game and Watch....if you're saying you're gonna put yourself on that list with the other so called "good players" dont...i dont think you are. and maybe you should play soyou can stop johning all the **** time

and not to be mean or anything bc you seemed to knw everything about melee, you talk more than you think you know, and you john more than anyone i know. i dont really care if you dont play anymore

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hahaha wow you weren't anything like this at the tournament, actually at the tournament you were telling other ppl " watch this im about to get two stocked!" and yea lets see i beat you, 6 times that were just tournement and i think like another six that were friendly's....and you beat me 3 times and one was on my Game and Watch....if you're saying you're gonna put yourself on that list with the other so called "good players" dont...i dont think you are. and maybe you should play soyou can stop johning all the **** time

and not to be mean or anything bc you seemed to knw everything about melee, you talk more than you think you know, and you john more than anyone i know. i dont really care if you dont play anymore
Wow, you are an *******. Kite is really nice and he speaks the truth.

There were 0 good players at San Japan. Zero. Including you.

Come up to Austin. I will give you gas money AND $20 if you can beat me in a Money Match. If I win, you just have to give me $20.

Not only that, but I will give you $150 if you can beat my roommate(Ray) in a 3/5. If he wins, you just have to give me $10.

Come make money if you are so good. I mean, you 4 stocked me, so you should have no problem taking my money right?

Haha.

You're going to lose. Badly.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you are an *******. Kite is really nice and he speaks the truth.

There were 0 good players at San Japan. Zero. Including you.

Come up to Austin. I will give you gas money AND $20 if you can beat me in a Money Match. If I win, you just have to give me $20.

Not only that, but I will give you $150 if you can beat my roommate(Ray) in a 3/5. If he wins, you just have to give me $10.

Come make money if you are so good. I mean, you 4 stocked me, so you should have no problem taking my money right?

Haha.

You're going to lose. Badly.
wow and how do i know you're not lying? yea kite's really nice to you locals

so how much money in gas would you give me then

and what would bethegrand prize i get if i win all

and im not here to get all you guys mad all i said is that some guy said i would **** cave that was it and yea

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
San Japan results have been put up on the first page.

Yeah, San Japan certainly wasn't the best players, but I don't care because I had a lot of fun, played Kite and Ben for the first time in tournament, and even managed to win back my money and a little bit more.

I've said this dozens of times on the boards but I'll say it again........ while Kite is right that the best players of Texas Melee weren't around at San Japan, don't take him too seriously..... ever. He talks a lot of **** but he isn't serious about it. So take what he says with a grain of salt.

But I want to bring back Melee now more than ever. What in the world will Final Smash 5 hold? Who knows. But I'm thinking of a January (before school starts) date, and maybe announcing it soon so that it will get OOS support.

Final Smash 5: Reunion

Date: TBA

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
wow and how do i know you're not lying? yea kite's really nice to you locals

so how much money in gas would you give me then

and what would bethegrand prize i get if i win all

and im not here to get all you guys mad all i said is that some guy said i would **** cave that was it and yea
Why would I lie? I have been in this community since 2004. I don't back out on MMs. I MM people all the time.

And I would give you like $15 for gas if you won.

So...$175 if you beat me and my roommate. You lose $30 if you lose.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Why would I lie? I have been in this community since 2004. I don't back out on MMs. I MM people all the time.

And I would give you like $15 for gas if you won.

So...$175 if you beat me and my roommate. You lose $30 if you lose.
ok buddy 15 dollars isn't even one way.

and you said in thefirst one 10 if i lost to rayzorium... soo now yousaid 30? and what about my **** time even if idid go and say i beat you but not ray....im leaving with what 35 dollars.....no wait cause i have to give you 10 for losing to ray so i'd leave with 25.... that doesn't sound very convenient at all like i mean....that not even gas....and thats like 3 hours driving total

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
San Japan results have been put up on the first page.

Yeah, San Japan certainly wasn't the best players, but I don't care because I had a lot of fun, played Kite and Ben for the first time in tournament, and even managed to win back my money and a little bit more.

I've said this dozens of times on the boards but I'll say it again........ while Kite is right that the best players of Texas Melee weren't around at San Japan, don't take him too seriously..... ever. He talks a lot of **** but he isn't serious about it. So take what he says with a grain of salt.

But I want to bring back Melee now more than ever. What in the world will Final Smash 5 hold? Who knows. But I'm thinking of a January (before school starts) date, and maybe announcing it soon so that it will get OOS support.

Final Smash 5: Reunion

Date: TBA
****ING BAD *** KYLE! finally :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok buddy 15 dollars isn't even one way.

and you said in thefirst one 10 if i lost to rayzorium... soo now yousaid 30? and what about my **** time even if idid go and say i beat you but not ray....im leaving with what 35 dollars.....no wait cause i have to give you 10 for losing to ray so i'd leave with 25.... that doesn't sound very convenient at all like i mean....that not even gas....and thats like 3 hours driving total
I thought you lived in SA?

I live in Austin. That is a 1 hour drive. And I said you give 10 if you lose to ray. You give 20 if you lose to me. So that means *gasp* you lose $30 if you lose to both of us. And you win 175$ if you beat both of us.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
You guys are flooding the thread with drama not even related to San Antonio. There's a message system other than threads. If you do play, though, post the vids or something.

And in regards to Brawl, it sucks. Melee won't be totally run down.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
I thought you lived in SA?

I live in Austin. That is a 1 hour drive. And I said you give 10 if you lose to ray. You give 20 if you lose to me. So that means *gasp* you lose $30 if you lose to both of us. And you win 175$ if you beat both of us.
i'd love to play you guys but i really dont have the time...its dumb how over here you cant be confident about yourself or else you get all kinds of *****ing from everyone.

ray is a great player i hope to play him at a tournament but if you're in town i'd be glad to play you im not gonna drive all the way over there right now i dont have anything i need to prove to you.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
While Final Smash 5 will likely be somewhere new, possibly bigger than Gamelot, I want to attempt a series leading up to Final Smash 5, one that will influence the seeding, and have money set aside to fund FS5.

And I'm going to make a crew for this. Two of my friends from NW Vista helped me out a bunch at San Japan this weekend, and told me to tell them about my next tournament.

So if people really want to help with this, start sending pm's or hit me up on myspace preferably. For those who don't have it yet:

www.myspace.com/kyletheband

Things I will be needing:

New venue? That's a maybe. I still feel somewhat bad about what happened at FS4 and still haven't made it up to Cliff. I haven't even talked to him since the tournament.

Safe and secure registration: No funny business, everything counted and maintained, people's names are in the bracket instead of people registering and not seeing their name on the list. When I have over 50 entries, it can be hard to keep track of so many names.

Hype: I never believe in hosting tournaments without aiming for a good attendance, and this is honestly the easiest part. All you have to do is network, and tell everyone with even a passing interest in smash about the tournaments. I'm adding new smashers on myspace daily, so if you don't catch a new topic on smashboards, you'll see it in a bulletin.

One last thing..... Reunion? I had Final Fantasy 7 on the brain. Opinions on the title?

This has all been added to the first post.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Sweet. San Angelo will def be coming to these, seeing as how San Antonio's the closest traveling distance to decent sized tourneys. I haven't missed an fs yet. :) These are always fun so we'll def be there.

Broly

Smash Lord
what's a goon to a goblin?

...i hate lil wayne but i had to say it >_>
ROFL...anywayz id like to issue a challenge to any 3-man crew for crew battles...for now its 3, unless regions or groups wanna add the # of people...im mainly directing this to San Angelos crew, but anyone can accept...$5 each...well?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ROFL...anywayz id like to issue a challenge to any 3-man crew for crew battles...for now its 3, unless regions or groups wanna add the # of people...im mainly directing this to San Angelos crew, but anyone can accept...$5 each...well?
I will take that challenge :). I will find a crew there. Will probably be like Me, Sethlon, Roy_R >_>.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Well everyone is waiting but no one has bothered to pm me or send me suggestions.

Guess I'll just have to say **** it and go right back to Gamelot. Seriously guys, it won't be easy to be able to talk to him again.

Anyways, what does everyone think of a January date? It'll be like a repeat of Final Smash 2. Hell, possibly the same weekend.

Of course, that being so far away, I'd have to hold mini tournaments to keep things afloat.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well everyone is waiting but no one has bothered to pm me or send me suggestions.

Guess I'll just have to say **** it and go right back to Gamelot. Seriously guys, it won't be easy to be able to talk to him again.

Anyways, what does everyone think of a January date? It'll be like a repeat of Final Smash 2. Hell, possibly the same weekend.

Of course, that being so far away, I'd have to hold mini tournaments to keep things afloat.
January is fine if you get OOS hype going. Make it the first big tournament of the year, and two days :).

Alex19

Smash Journeyman

doooo it! hahaha you got this kyle with your cool announcer voice Hahaha hold alot of mini tourneys haha

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
January is fine if you get OOS hype going. Make it the first big tournament of the year, and two days :).
^^^This^^^

And yes to mini-tournaments before January, it sounds like awesome fun.

Also, I personally don't know of anywhere else we could really play.

Also, Caveman told me the basics, but WHAT happened at the last Gamelot tournament that's making this so difficult for you?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
^^^This^^^

And yes to mini-tournaments before January, it sounds like awesome fun.

Also, I personally don't know of anywhere else we could really play.

Also, Caveman told me the basics, but WHAT happened at the last Gamelot tournament that's making this so difficult for you?
It was in the results thread, basically, the melee pot, 300 dollars for teams and singles, went missing. However, Cliff covered the pot with the store's money, leaving the store to only make 15 bucks for the entire day (and we were there until 2 am.)

Cliff wonders how I will return the favor. However, this falls on me, DoH and UglyWombat. Of course, Ugly doesn't use smashboards anymore, and DoH never even posted in the results thread.

So I'm thinking I'll just be slave labor for Cliff because I don't have $300 to drop especially with college books to buy very soon.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
heya! i'm a san antonio brawler. i really wanna start attending some tourneys... sometime... i never really thought about it before :p.

problem is, i have so many "mains", and most of them are pretty low... i wouldn't know who to rely on...

sheik, zamus, jiggs, ice climbers, occasionally marth (new to him) and zelda.

i'm not as bad at smash as i may sound, but still, i don't expect to place well -- it's more of a "i want to do something fun" thing... >_>

yeah..........so hey...

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
It was in the results thread, basically, the melee pot, 300 dollars for teams and singles, went missing. However, Cliff covered the pot with the store's money, leaving the store to only make 15 bucks for the entire day (and we were there until 2 am.)

Cliff wonders how I will return the favor. However, this falls on me, DoH and UglyWombat. Of course, Ugly doesn't use smashboards anymore, and DoH never even posted in the results thread.

So I'm thinking I'll just be slave labor for Cliff because I don't have $300 to drop especially with college books to buy very soon.
How does a store make $315 in profit in one day and still do fine? That's barely enough to pay off the employees. That's not to mention leasing for the space, electricity, and other costs. And this was during a tournament! Knowing Gamelot probably 2 other tournaments were happening during the day as well.

Or was this $15 straight up profit, as in not gross profit?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Hylian, forget talking on lamefaqs
Im really tired of your mouth, so like i said we can do this 100$ melee match (since you know you will beat me) if we do the 100$ tekken match (since i know i will beat you) Then wat? you gonna brag about how you beat me in melee? will it make u feel superior or something? ha get a life kid.
Let me know when you're in SA so this can go down. Ur lame kid, for real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom