• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@Grey: Lulz. I have all but, 20ish chips, earning them the hard way. I found a site that had a lot of other people's codes on it, so I could play those huge tournaments to get those rare chips. Maxed out the clock a LONG time ago. Like, years ago.

And yes, the songs are awesome.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Then fill up the glasses as quick as you can
And sprinkle the table with buttons and bran
Put cats in the Coffee and mice in the tea
And welcome Queen Alice with thirty times three.

Then put in the glasses molasses and ink
Or anything else that is pleasant to drink
Mix sand with the cider and wool with the wine
And welcome Queen Alice with ninety times nine

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm willing to Brawl all week if peeps wanna go.

Even online if you wanna go as well.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm gonna see if I can manage to get a ride for this thing this weekend. I don't have a date this VDay for a change, and don't really feel any motivation to get one, so I might as well, if I can get a ride XD

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Any idea in like what month FS6 will be in? Don't let it be in July D:

(Genesis) :D
Don't worry, there's no way I'm going to conflict with an event I'm going to myself.

We have had this conversation like 5 times already >_>
lol

So we're playing the top 10 VGs card again?

Fine, but I'm gonna limit myself to one game per franchise (else half my list would be Sonic games), as well as be as diverse as possible, so as not to have like, 8 fighting games or whatever on my list.

Oh, and my list isn't in any order, other than which game came to mind first, I guess.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (and Platinum, soon)
4. SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs
5. Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 (haven't tried Infinite World, but want to. And NO, I'm NOT talking about that piece of **** Tenkaichi series)
6. Okami
7. Guilty Gear X2 (want to play Accent Core, but haven't)
8. Crash Team Racing
9. Spyro the Dragon: Ripto's Rage (the trilogy was awesome, but 2 was perfect)
10. Primal Rage/Ristar (Can't decide which one deserves it more)

That makes 4 platformers, 4 fighting games (Smash could also be a party game), one RPG, one shooter, and one racing game.

Now that's diversity. Also pretty accurate to my favorite Genres. (Action-Adventure Platforming, & Fighting)

Kinda sad how platforming games are dying. 3/4 of those platformers were from or slightly after the year 2000.

Where did all the platforming games go?

I'll bring GGAC this weekend to GM5. My Robo Ky will tear u up.

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice
MADISON TOURNAMENT UPDATE!!!:
1) There will be prizes. So far, all that has been mentioned are gift cards. No details on the contents or store.
2)There will be doubles. Asian Invasion yes??
3)I reck
:bee:
i hope this will make a larger number of people want to come.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd need a ride to Hobo14 if it were on the 28th PX. That, and a chunk of SAnt already (I think?) had plans on going to Pozer's tournament in New Braunfels on the 28th.

As of right now, the tournaments I recall saying I'd most likely be able to make are...

-Gamelot #5: 2/14
-Tomball #2: 2/21
-DPad #2: 2/28
-Mizumi-Con (AKA GM#6 lol): 3/21
-FS6: Summer (lol)

-WHOBO: 4/10 ???

-----

Hey KingMosq., I know that you're looking for a new venue for FS6, but a question or two:

1. Were you looking for a permanent new venue?
2. If we find a new venue, we're going to have to make a new name for the tournaments. Ideas?

-----

Is anyone gonna have a little Smashfest before GM5? (That Friday, preferably)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd need a ride to Hobo14 if it were on the 28th PX. That, and a chunk of SAnt already (I think?) had plans on going to Pozer's tournament in New Braunfels on the 28th.

As of right now, the tournaments I recall saying I'd most likely be able to make are...

-----

Hey KingMosq., I know that you're looking for a new venue for FS6, but a question or two:

2. If we find a new venue, we're going to have to make a new name for the tournaments. Ideas?

-----

I'm trying to go to GM 5 this weekend but I don't know if I'll be able to get a ride :( We need to find some tournament to team at, lol. I was thinking of going to HOBO instead of DPad b/c it'll actually have doubles, and probably better competition, especially since it's on the same date now -_-

LuWIIgi

Smash Apprentice

-----

-----

There is a tourny going on at my school this friday, i might be able to convince my mom to let some folks spend the night before we go to GM5
if yall wanna
but that only if i go

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There is a tourny going on at my school this friday, i might be able to convince my mom to let some folks spend the night before we go to GM5
if yall wanna
but that only if i go
What time is the school tournament starting, and what time does it end?
I'd be down for a small Smashfest before GM5, no doubt.

-----

Attention San Antonio:

Is everyone sure about going to DPad2? HOBO14 was recently scheduled for the same day, and I wanted to see, if possible, if anyone would rather drive up to Houston for that one.

Either way, just let me know. Carpools and junk needs to be arranged.

Oh, and for Tomball & WHOBO:

FoG/Nike, were you two going to be able to go to both? I remember FoG saying something about being able to take me and Prime at the least back to Tomball, but I'm still a little shaky on who was going to go with us to WHOBO in April.

We need to cement our trip to WHOBO ASAP. Just need a willing carpool, people to pitch gas in for the trip, and if necessary, people to split for a hotel since it's a three day event. Even if we get a Smasher from Houston to house us, we should prepare for a cost on hotels just in case.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Unless I hitch a ride, my chances of going to that tournament on Friday just plummeted.

Besides, I probably have to work til 7PM anyways, so it's mostly impossible regardless.
Again, I ask:

1. Is anyone having a Smashfest this Friday?
2. Who would rather go to HOBO 14?
3. Who would be willing to drive to WHOBO and pitch in for gas, and a hotel (just in case measures of course).

-----

Also, Houston just told me that Tomball 2 was cancelled, so we have one open day in February for a Smashfest or local tournament, if possible.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, now I REALLY have to find a way to get to San Antonio, otherwise it's going to be ages before we team, Espy XD

If you somehow make it to HOBO 14 I'll dump him for you, I guess :p It's MK ban, which would be good for us, no?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Hobo 14 is now confirmed for the 28th at the Drink Station. Houston, San Angelo, College Station, Louisiana, and possibly Dallas are all going. Let's get this **** statewide.

Round up a carpool suckas. :)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Aww, 28th of this month? We already committed to going to Kansas, can't go to Hobo also. Sucks. Btw, TX is too good.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok, so I'm just getting back and reading all this and what not and have a slight problem...or two

1. If HOBO 14 is on the 28th, that clashes with D-Pad's and I've already decided to go to that cause it's closer
2. Two trips to Houston in two weeks, empties my pockets ever so hard. Meaning I can either go to Tomball or HOBO 14; and if HOBO, D-Pad(which is closer) or HOBO 14.

Trust me, I'm able to go to Houston once per two weeks really and seeing how HOBO 14 wasn't on the 7th, that kinda screwed with my plans. Now I'm only able to go to one of these events. I'll run with what SA wants to do so after GM5, SA has to make a choice on which to go to and let me know.

EDIT: Now that I know Tomball is canceled, for some unknown reasons, There goes another tourney experience from houston that gets shot down to h***...This Sat is GM5, Next week is open (Hopefully HUGE smashfest somewhere), and the week after is D-Pad/HOBO 14.

I'm now able to go to either on the 28th, but again it all depends on what SA wants to do.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Dojo, I dunno if you know but Santi is gonna teach me how to TL it up and I would be honored if you can show me how to run that broken character. :)

If so, I'll rep your white here in SA. :)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Actually, I was adding some purple into the mix at Clash 4. I used the standard color for the majority of my matches. Idk why, it was SeXy. ;) But I may teach you a thing or two if you really must...

You guys should go to Hobo. We're trying to make it another state-wide tourney. Could finally determine the new PR list.

As of now my money is on Houston, Dallas, San Angelo, Austin, College Station, Beaumont, and our Louisiana brothers all going. Get some hype son. :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@Suspect: It's not as bad as you think. I do it to open my character selection.
Despite me knowing and picking up a lot of characters, I know nothing on how they work.
In fact, today was the first day I picked up DK and I honestly don't know of his metagame

@Dojo: Dojo, you are the man, guy. Lol no one can say that purple is gay after that display of awesome on COT4. :)
Again Dojo, I would love to go to HOBO 14, but unless Pozer postpones D-Pad, and I kinda hope he doesn't, then it'll look like I'll be at D-Pad. Who knows really, I'll only go to HOBO 14 if Espy, K Prime, Nike 20 and MorningStar all agree to go.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Actually, I was adding some purple into the mix at Clash 4. I used the standard color for the majority of my matches. Idk why, it was SeXy. ;) But I may teach you a thing or two if you really must...

You guys should go to Hobo. We're trying to make it another state-wide tourney. Could finally determine the new PR list.

As of now my money is on Houston, Dallas, San Angelo, Austin, College Station, Beaumont, and our Louisiana brothers all going. Get some hype son. :)
not to mention. royr will return at hobo 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom