• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It was confirmed there are only 8 newcomers?

D

Deleted member

It's never been actually confirmed how many newcomers there are going to be.

As for Psycho, this has nothing to do with Geno. The only reason I bring up Waluigi is because people started narking on him for "not having a personality" and "just being a tall skinny Wario" in an example of why Daisy is "better". I was only correcting them.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I'm all for a new female but not a pallet swap of Peach. I'm aware she has a different personality and whatnot but she should just stay as a pallet swap for Peach and we just add a different mario character like Toad, Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. all are more interesting and two are far more deserving

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
This conversation was giving me fits. Doesn't help my best friend wants Daisy too. We almost started yelling at each other.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now, I must clear up this argument.

Everybody does have their good points and their weak points. Toad is a staple, but is overlooked by his cuteness and defenselessness. Junior is beloved, but loathed by Classic and Koopaling fanboys. Waluigi is also loved, but criticized by many gaming sites, from TV Tropes to IGN to Gamefaqs for his design. Daisy has a lot of female fans, but is hated by a lot of Mario fanboys and gaming critics, but no where near as much as Waluigi (since he's the prime example of a Scrappy by TV Tropes themselves.).

We all know that there are potential Mario characters that could happen and Mario characters that cannot happen. The point is that Miyamoto should end his grudge with Gunpei Yoko and add more representation to his games (Super Mario Land, Duck Hunt, ect.) in Smash whether it means making the Dog and Daisy playable or not.

I'm glad that I got that out of my system. *sigh*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Samus, ROB, Pit, and Game and Watch as additions doesn't seem like a "grudge" to me...

D

Deleted member

Don't forget Wario; Yokoi made Wario too.

Aside from that Miyamoto isn't in charge of Smash's representation; Sakurai is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I new I'd forget someone...and it had to be someone as big as Wario...oh well.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
If Sakurai, wants a last minute Mario character it is either going to be a Bowser Bowser Jr clone or a Peach daisy clone.

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
I keep hearing the newcomers will be few and seeing as how brawl didn't add another mario rep I doubt Daisy, Toad, Junior and waluigi are most likely not gonna make the cut :(

*hopes for Daisy*

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I keep hearing the newcomers will be few and seeing as how brawl didn't add another mario rep I doubt Daisy, Toad, Junior and waluigi are most likely not gonna make the cut :(

*hopes for Daisy*
Because they will all be overshadowed by Birdo's beauty and fabulousness!

:phone:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
You mean this Birdo?

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

Anyway, maybe Daisy should use the Daisy Cruiser as her Final Smash similar to Captain Falcon's.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You mean this Birdo?

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

Anyway, maybe Daisy should use the Daisy Cruiser as her Final Smash similar to Captain Falcon's.
LMAO at Birdo. Great idea! I tried to squeeze in at least one Mario Kart reference. I originally wanted to include the Heart Item from Double Dash, though I though it be too over powered.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@SmasherMaster: I modified your last post so that that image is in collapse tags. It might give some people an uneasy feeling if it's out in the open.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I only put that on because somebody said that Birdo is the reason why Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, and Daisy may not get it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
^ Plus I was joking. :l

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Well, it is hard to tell when somebody is joking if they leave out a :troll:

Also, maybe Daisy should have a series or recolors instead of a bunch of orange and yellow outfits? But not as a dress that is too similar to Peach.
For example:
Regular sports outfit
Red team: Dark Red shorts and a pink shirt.
Green team: Dark green shorts and a light green shirt.
Blue team: Navy Blue shorts and a sky blue shirt
Black recolor: Black shorts and white shirt.
Pink recolor: Peach's shorts and shirt with blond hair. (What, Peach keeps Daisy's dress?)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Sakurai, wants a last minute Mario character it is either going to be a Bowser Bowser Jr clone or a Peach daisy clone.
That seems reasonable considering Toon Link and Wolf's case being in Brawl.

I do like your costume choices since they are actually very good. ;)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Thanks, I'd like to know if Daisy should have some changes to the moveset.

Down B- A clone of Peach's turnips. Daisy pulls out a dodgeball / soccer ball and throws it.

Final Smash- Daisy Cruiser, the Daisy Cruiser hits the closest opponent and they are seen drowning. The Daisy Cruiser then hits the person sending ten straight down.

jigglover

Smash Lord
That seems reasonable considering Toon Link and Wolf's case being in Brawl.

I do like your costume choices since they are actually very good. ;)
What? Wolf? A clone? I'll put on what I posted on the Wolf thread, give me a sec.

He has a similair moveset, and that is it. Their stats are completely different, wolf falls faster than fox just to name one quickly. And even his cloned moves have clear differences; Fox's side B he stays on the ground, Wolf goes in the air. Saying that Fox and Wolf are clones is like saying Zelda and Peach are clones, they're both women of a similiar high wearing dresses.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
What? Wolf? A clone? I'll put on what I posted on the Wolf thread, give me a sec.

He has a similair moveset, and that is it. Their stats are completely different, wolf falls faster than fox just to name one quickly. And even his cloned moves have clear differences; Fox's side B he stays on the ground, Wolf goes in the air. Saying that Fox and Wolf are clones is like saying Zelda and Peach are clones, they're both women of a similiar high wearing dresses.
Yeahyeah, Wolf is unique etc.

But what has he ever done to be a worthy representative in Smash? He doesn't belong among Nintendo All-stars, to be honest. Neither do Sonic and Snake ;P

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well, :wolfbrawl: should have gotten in before :falcomelee:, and actually, putting in the nintendo all-stars argument, should :falcon64: be in? Should :gwmelee: be in? Should :falcomelee: be in? Should :sonicbrawl: be in? Should :snakebrawl: be in? Should :diddybrawl: be in? Should :jigglypuff64: be in? Should :lucasbrawl: be in? Should :sheikmelee: be in? Should :zssbrawl: be in? My list could go on for a bit longer.

Wolf is the second-most recurring character in Star Fox, behind only Fox. I don't want to check, but was he actually in every game (since he was introduced)?

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Neither do Sonic and Snake ;P
Should :sonicbrawl: be in? Should :snakebrawl: be in?
I knew that argument would come up. That's why I said they shouldn't be in Smash.

Falcon: Definitely yes. F-Zero is a popular franchise and Falcon its iconic star. He was a representative that put focus on the racing genre.

G&W: I also think he is a stupid character, to be honest. However, he represents not only Nintendo in its beginning; but also the whole Game and Watch concept. So yes, he should be in.

Diddy: are you kidding with me?

Jigglypuff: random choice indeed. I think it has something to do with puff's popularity in Japan, thanks to the anime. Should it be in? Maybe not, but Jigglypuff is now one part of Super Smash Bros.

Lucas: a second representative from Earthbound should be in. Really nice franchise that needs more attention.

Sheik: yes. Why? I like the gimmicky transformation that Zelda can do. It was a nice touch for Smash.

ZSS: also a gimmick. Samus is VERY popular.

Starfox is a relative small franchise and 3 characters are more than enough. I agree that Falco could be switched with Wolf, but they decided to go with Falco for Melee. All characters you named are more worthy Smash than Wolf. Even R.O.B.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I knew that argument would come up. That's why I said they shouldn't be in Smash.

Falcon: Definitely yes. F-Zero is a popular franchise and Falcon its iconic star. He was a representative that put focus on the racing genre.
But is that smash worthy?

G&W: I also think he is a stupid character, to be honest. However, he represents not only Nintendo in its beginning; but also the whole Game and Watch concept. So yes, he should be in.
Glad we agree!

Diddy: are you kidding with me?
After thinking about it, it was a little stupid.

Jigglypuff: random choice indeed. I think it has something to do with puff's popularity in Japan, thanks to the anime. Should it be in? Maybe not, but Jigglypuff is now one part of Super Smash Bros.
I know, I don't think it should have got in, really.

Lucas: a second representative from Earthbound should be in. Really nice franchise that needs more attention.
BUT, does a second mother rep deserve to be in before a second F-zero? No. And F-zero isn't very worthy of being in smash.

Sheik: yes. Why? I like the gimmicky transformation that Zelda can do. It was a nice touch for Smash.
So, if we get rid of Sheik and put in Meloetta using the same gimmick, you'll be fine?

ZSS: also a gimmick. Samus is VERY popular.
Oh my god! The final smash transforms Samus! I do not like this gimmick, I see where Sakurai was going, but just no.

Starfox is a relative small franchise and 3 characters are more than enough. I agree that Falco could be switched with Wolf, but they decided to go with Falco for Melee. All characters you named are more worthy Smash than Wolf. Even R.O.B.
Answers! :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What I mean on the Toon Link and Wolf issue is that they were made from pre-existing models of certain characters (Fox & Link) and were edited to have more differences. That explains why they were late additions in Brawl.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ohhhhh.
Looking at the comment you quoted it seemed like Smashermaster was saying that Daisy or bowser junior would get in as a clone. Then you said like toon link or wolf.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the reply, jigglover. I, just as you, can see reasons why a charatcer should and shouldn't be included in Smash.

Daisy seems like a nice inclusion, to me. One could argue that the Mario universe has too many representatives, but I think that is irrelevant. If a character is ideal for Smash, it shouldn't be left out due to such limitations.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Obviously that rule excludes pokemon. Personally, I don't mind a Pokemon versus nintendo game, but that's just me. Also, don't you think Pokemon should get a brawly kind of game?

D

Deleted member

Yeahyeah, Wolf is unique etc.

But what has he ever done to be a worthy representative in Smash? He doesn't belong among Nintendo All-stars, to be honest. Neither do Sonic and Snake ;P
He served as Fox's main rival since his debut in Star Fox 64, being a secondary villain behind Andross in his debut game, then an anti-hero in Assault and Command.

He has connections to Fox for also being the main rival of his father, James McCloud.

In comparison, all Falco has done was be a douche, leave the team, come back just in time to save Fox's hide in Adventures, rejoin the team and be a douche again.
Honestly, Slippy has done more for the series as a whole to warrant being in Smash than Falco has.
EDIT: The only thing Falco has is his supposed "second in command" title that I have yet to see proven.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Man, that's what I was trying to get at but I need lots more research in star fox.
Thinking about it, there are actually few series' I don't play casually in. Pretty much Pokemon and smash actually...
I like the star fox games though! :D And I remember Wolf's appearances more than Falco's.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
A Smash dedicated for Pokémon only? Sounds interesting, good idea. However, I do think that some Pokémon should be in Smash, because of the huge popularity of the series.

Starfox, on the other hand, hasn't really given us that much game experience. Sure, there are some decent games (I actualy think that Adventures was a fun game), but the characters aren't THAT popular, are they? Then we could give some spots for more Zelda characters, like Onox (Capcom, I know), Zant, Goron, Zora etc.

I think Falco and Wolf were bad picks by the developers. Frankly, Fox is enough, maybe Slippy and/or Krystal.

D

Deleted member

You call Falco and Wolf bad picks, then suggest two one-shot minor villains and two generic races from a series that doesn't really need new characters anyway (well, that aren't Tingle, but he doesn't seem all that likely...)?
I fail to see the logic.

Just because you don't find Falco or Wolf "popular" or "important" enough doesn't mean the rest of the world shares the viewpoint. Star Fox has quite a bit of popularity in Japan, and Falco and Wolf are among the most popular characters for the series there.
They are more "All-Star" than freaking ONOX of all characters.

EDIT: Just realized this is the Daisy thread. This conversation must be continued elsewhere.

EDIT: Also just realized that you think Krystal is "maybe" a good pick compared to Falco/Wolf. Lost all credibility there.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
You call Falco and Wolf bad picks, then suggest two one-shot minor villains and two generic races from a series that doesn't really need new characters anyway (well, that aren't Tingle, but he doesn't seem all that likely...)?
I fail to see the logic.

Just because you don't find Falco or Wolf "popular" or "important" enough doesn't mean the rest of the world shares the viewpoint. Star Fox has quite a bit of popularity in Japan, and Falco and Wolf are among the most popular characters for the series there.
They are more "All-Star" than freaking ONOX of all characters.

EDIT: Just realized this is the Daisy thread. This conversation must be continued elsewhere.

EDIT: Also just realized that you think Krystal is "maybe" a good pick compared to Falco/Wolf. Lost all credibility there.
Easy, boy. What I meant with my examples of Zelda characters is that they are just as (if not more) popular and well-known than Wolf and Falco, just because Zelda is a really popular franchise (you can't deny that). If they are going to include Wolf and Falco, they might as well be consistent and include Zant, Onox, Goron and Zora.

And to be honest, I don't think the rest of the world thinks that Starfox is that great. It has just as many representatives as Kirby. I find that hilarious. I wouldn't say that there is a demand for new Starfox games in the same degree of other Nintendo franchises. But I might be wrong.

Ontopic (lol, I dislike when you have to go ontopic... Seems so forced...): Daisy is indeed a worthy representative for Smash. She is probably more well-known than Wolf.

Top Bottom