• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aaaand Miiverse is to overhyped with SMM to notice that Daisy isn't there, just hope they notice and hopefully take action, and speaking of taking action, I will send that letter Sunday and report what is hopefully replied to me.
If few people actually unlock all costumes within a week instead of looking at spoilers, chances are that they would whine over it eventually. Just like the many people who complained over no Mewtwo after Smash 3DS's full roster was shown.

On a more positive note, more Daisy complaints from our friendly neighborhood Tumblr.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/daisy+mario+maker

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Hmm... when it comes to Miiverse, the only area I see a lot of Daisy posting in is in the Support Peach! Smash community. Seems like they're in it for the long haul and want to go into Oct 3rd. However, what I wonder is why do they choose to just stay in that community and not even bother with the main Miiverse Smash community. Sure your post advertise on the Miiverse stage, but you're only stating "Vote for Daisy!" to Peach fans, who they fight and the Peach haters I guess because they go on their just to troll.

I actually talked to one of them and it turns out that they have a little group on there to support our favorite floral princess. Then, I suggested to their "Leader" -- a guy named Jimmy -- that maybe they should spread this support to the main community. He thought it was a good idea, encouraged me to support Daisy, ignore the haters and etc. (Woop woop woop!) Afterwards he just posts two pictures in the main community and went right back to the Peach community and never look back. Heck the rest of his team didn't even join him like they are in the latter.

I love it that they're spreading the word of support for Daisy. It's cool, and isn't coming across as mean or arrogant. But I wish that they'd bring some of that effort to the main community to speak with a bigger crowd and possibly bring more people in.

As for reactions to Daisy not being in Super Mario Maker, I'm glad that Tumblr is starting to pick up at least. Plus a minute bit, and only a minute bit, in Twitter too. It had a few in Tumblr already, but if they're becoming more common than great. I'd totally download that DLC in a heartbeat if Nintendo were to ever consider putting Daisy in.

I do applaud anyone's attempt to write a letter to gain some answers for her absence; however, I also hope that they go in expecting Nintendo to dance around the question. Nintendo responses are famous for giving the following responses when approached in manners such as this.

1. "Here at Nintendo, we strive to appeal to as many fans as possible, but ..."
2. "We have no comment/plans at this time."
3. "Time proven to be an issue."
4. " It was ultimately a decision made by our developers."
5. Just... absolutely no answer at all. Like, nothing, man.

And if it's not any of those it's the sixth answer A.K.A. the stupid answer. One that's so bad, that it's makes dancing around the question or silence seem like more reasonable responses. Remember the answer to why Waluigi wasn't in Mario Kart 7 because they thought he was too creepy/didn't work well with the tone of the game? Yeah, something like that.

But good luck, though! It never hurts too try because there's always a chance they you'll get the one guy that could let something slip out. Or you might get someone who actually cool with telling you what's up. It's rare but it happens.

Someone is about to face the dreaded Palutena in combat. And her name is DAISY CEEEEEEEENAAAAAA! *cue theme song*

Heh heh... whenever I hear Cena's name. The first thing to come to my mind is this.

But that's only because I watch Super Best Friends Plays on Youtube quite often and they reference this every time they bring his name up in something.

I definitely find myself wanting to call her "Daisy Rousey", a play on Rhonda Rousey for those unfamiliar with Women's MMA... or the modern sports media because this woman is everywhere. And only just to think of her taking down Palutena -- the freaking Goddess of Light -- in around ten seconds in the octagon. And I do like Palutena! Shoot, she's an awesome character in Kid Icarus: Uprising and is one of my mains in Smash!

Also, the picture is awesome. Whoever made it did a fantastic job on the form of the characters.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hmm... when it comes to Miiverse, the only area I see a lot of Daisy posting in is in the Support Peach! Smash community. Seems like they're in it for the long haul and want to go into Oct 3rd. However, what I wonder is why do they choose to just stay in that community and not even bother with the main Miiverse Smash community. Sure your post advertise on the Miiverse stage, but you're only stating "Vote for Daisy!" to Peach fans, who they fight and the Peach haters I guess because they go on their just to troll.

I actually talked to one of them and it turns out that they have a little group on there to support our favorite floral princess. Then, I suggested to their "Leader" -- a guy named Jimmy -- that maybe they should spread this support to the main community. He thought it was a good idea, encouraged me to support Daisy, ignore the haters and etc. (Woop woop woop!) Afterwards he just posts two pictures in the main community and went right back to the Peach community and never look back. Heck the rest of his team didn't even join him like they are in the latter.

I love it that they're spreading the word of support for Daisy. It's cool, and isn't coming across as mean or arrogant. But I wish that they'd bring some of that effort to the main community to speak with a bigger crowd and possibly bring more people in.
Unfortunately, using the main Miiverse community for Smash 3DS/Wii U tends to be somewhat fruitless, so I can see why they stick to the character-support sections.

The Miiverse overhaul a month or two ago severely affected what can get noticed, because it's quite heavily skewed towards popularity - the default viewing options are set to this for the Drawings category, and the Play Journal listings are very fast-moving and don't show as much on one page as the old setup did (additionally, you can only have one posting open in any game's Questions category at one time, so you can't have multiples active at once, be it for one game or several). To get noticed in terms of people seeing recent postings, you have to tackle the international dateline and know the right times to post at in order for anyone to really see your posts at all.

For whatever reason, the Smash character-support areas just plain do get better responses, and more of them. It seems that people may be browsing them independently of the Smash Wii U Miiverse stage, perhaps to find cool drawings that they saw whilst playing there.

I do applaud anyone's attempt to write a letter to gain some answers for her absence; however, I also hope that they go in expecting Nintendo to dance around the question. Nintendo responses are famous for giving the following responses when approached in manners such as this.

1. "Here at Nintendo, we strive to appeal to as many fans as possible, but ..."
2. "We have no comment/plans at this time."
3. "Time proven to be an issue."
4. " It was ultimately a decision made by our developers."
5. Just... absolutely no answer at all. Like, nothing, man.

And if it's not any of those it's the sixth answer A.K.A. the stupid answer. One that's so bad, that it's makes dancing around the question or silence seem like more reasonable responses. Remember the answer to why Waluigi wasn't in Mario Kart 7 because they thought he was too creepy/didn't work well with the tone of the game? Yeah, something like that.

But good luck, though! It never hurts too try because there's always a chance they you'll get the one guy that could let something slip out. Or you might get someone who actually cool with telling you what's up. It's rare but it happens.
A given customer service representative may not be able to give a very good answer to an individual, but it is worth bearing in mind that all feedback is noted and passed on to the relevant people back at HQ. I know I've said this before, but this was implemented decades ago, and it remains to this day (the modern-day surveys, ballots, and so on, are all descendants of the original scheme, and serve the same purpose) - you can read a bit about the history of that here.

Even if the answer is any of those listed, and therefore not all that informative, the feedback will end up going to the right people. :)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, Waluigi wasn't in MK7 because he was "apparently" too creepy? I thought it was due to time constraints.

:007:
You are right, time constraints was the real reason while the too creepy thing was merely an assumption by a fan on the Mario Kart forums.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Vote for both Waluigi n Daisy guys
I'm not going to lie, but I've done both since the beginning. Both characters are the few Mario characters we have left along with Toad and Nabbit to a lesser extent.

Can I invite you to a certain group so that you can see our Waluigi thread?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I'm wondering how far Smashified has gotten to this point? And don't you kinda find it odd that we still don't have a Smashified Daisy, especially nearing the end of the ballot? I remember them mentioning that Smashifying her would be difficult compared to other characters, and correct me if I'm wrong. They've done characters that looked to be even more complex than Daisy, right? As far as I'm concerned, I'm assuming that they don't want to smashify her. To me, that would be a travesty, indeed.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm wondering how far Smashified has gotten to this point? And don't you kinda find it odd that we still don't have a Smashified Daisy, especially nearing the end of the ballot? I remember them mentioning that Smashifying her would be difficult compared to other characters, and correct me if I'm wrong. They've done characters that looked to be even more complex than Daisy, right? As far as I'm concerned, I'm assuming that they don't want to smashify her. To me, that would be a travesty, indeed.
It seems the same thing when it comes to Ridley, "too much controversy" or something...

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I even sent them a message concerning Daisy on both Facebook and Twitter. I got a thumbs-up and a Favorite and that's it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think they are intentionally avoiding Daisy and focusing on characters that have a bigger following, or just characters they feel like making. It can go either way for which ever outfit that they choose since while the dress can be heavily detailed, the detail on her tennis outfit would be more than just simplistic. The way Omni's team works is pretty weird and they probably avoid her to lessen any priority for "undeserving" Smashifcations (like the way they've reacted to Travis back then).

What we know of the next character is that she/he isn't a dead protagonist, is part of the same series as a previous Smashified entry, and has hair that could knock our socks off. The only two characters I can think of that has rocking hair are Dixie and Kumatora. Sure the same can be said for Callie and Marie, but their tentacle hair isn't as complex or detailed as a real hair. They are busy working on a tribute for Iwata for now and we would probably wait a while until we can see who the next Smashified is.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I think they are intentionally avoiding Daisy and focusing on characters that have a bigger following, or just characters they feel like making. It can go either way for which ever outfit that they choose since while the dress can be heavily detailed, the detail on her tennis outfit would be more than just simplistic. The way Omni's team works is pretty weird and they probably avoid her to lessen any priority for "undeserving" Smashifcations (like the way they've reacted to Travis back then).

What we know of the next character is that she/he isn't a dead protagonist, is part of the same series as a previous Smashified entry, and has hair that could knock our socks off. The only two characters I can think of that has rocking hair are Dixie and Kumatora. Sure the same can be said for Callie and Marie, but their tentacle hair isn't as complex or detailed as a real hair. They are busy working on a tribute for Iwata for now and we would probably wait a while until we can see who the next Smashified is.
I just hope this isn't about the anti-Daisy fan sorta thing. Seriously, who 'CARES' what they think!? Just do it for the actual Daisy fans, and just ignore those haters. She doesn't even have to be Smashified 'live', I'd be happy, either way. That way, they'll just get her over with, and not have to worry about her (OR her fans) ever again.

And to the part about focusing on the characters with the bigger following, that seems scewed to me. I know this kinda sounds funny, but it's like feeling sorry for a rich person. But, what does it matter if my viewpoints seem confused...In the end, I'm just a Daisy fan that wants to see his favorite character Smashified.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yeah....I had a feeling that Nintendo and the fans are intentionally avoiding Daisy to avoid controversy.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Friends, has been a pleasure to watch and be here with you.
Tomorrow I start University, so I doubt connect me to the forum. :ohwell:
Still, I keep watching.

Sometimes (rarely) I will comment, especially when Nintendo will announce a Direct or 3rd October.

I will return to comment on the thread, several times at Christmas.
THANKS TO ALL. :)

PD: Don't lose hope until the last second, because Daisy can have a try.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I think it's because it's a similar pressure to what happened with Isaac. That maybe taking too many liberties or any liberty at all in a possible re-design would piss off the fans. Complexity isn't the issue here, it's probably the sheer pressure and fear of harsh backlash.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I think it's because it's a similar pressure to what happened with Isaac. That maybe taking too many liberties or any liberty at all in a possible re-design would piss off the fans. Complexity isn't the issue here, it's probably the sheer pressure and fear of harsh backlash.
Tbh, I find that to be really asinine. Who 'CARES' what haters think? This is a fictional character we're talking about, a 'fictional' character. Just ignore those haters and get Daisy over with, and it'll be the least of their worries. Yeah, there might be backlash, but it'll pass eventually, anyway! This is about pleasing the fans, not upsetting some anti-fan of 'said' character!:glare:

Edit: Dude, I can go on and on about this...

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
All right, in about an hour or two, I'll send that letter to Nintendo, any suggestions on what I should write? I simply plan on asking politely why Daisy isn't on SMM but do you guys have additional advice for this?

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Tbh, I find that to be really asinine. Who 'CARES' what haters think? This is a fictional character we're talking about, a 'fictional' character. Just ignore those haters and get Daisy over with, and it'll be the least of their worries. Yeah, there might be backlash, but it'll pass eventually, anyway! This is about pleasing the fans, not upsetting some anti-fan of 'said' character!:glare:

Edit: Dude, I can go on and on about this...
Fanbases can be quite chaotic, especially the vocal ones. The backlash wouldn't only come from "haters" but from the Daisy fanbase as well(as in fans hating the design). I guess they're trying to play it safe or they just don't see Daisy as Smashified material.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Fanbases can be quite chaotic, especially the vocal ones. The backlash wouldn't only come from "haters" but from the Daisy fanbase as well(as in fans hating the design). I guess they're trying to play it safe or they just don't see Daisy as Smashified material.
This is usually how it goes, just because of others. As much as I can shout just don't care about the haters, but those "haters" can give Omni and his friends a bad rap of saying "they just waste their time with Daisy or Ridley". They already are with Travis, so I can understand why they are acting this way. People are just sucks ass and don't appreciate others.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
This is usually how it goes, just because of others. As much as I can shout just don't care about the haters, but those "haters" can give Omni and his friends a bad rap of saying "they just waste their time with Daisy or Ridley". They already are with Travis, so I can understand why they are acting this way. People are just sucks *** and don't appreciate others.
Could this also be the reason as to why we don't see Daisy in other games besides spin-offs? Because of Nintendo's reputation?

As far as I'm concerned, it's such a shame that the haters are more known than us actual fans are, as to practically ignore our existence altogether. That's what it feels like to me. AND as far as I'm concerned, this builds a 'bad reputation' for Princess Daisy herself, knowing that they have the power to get rid of that ill stigma about her.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Could this also be the reason as to why we don't see Daisy in other games besides spin-offs? Because of Nintendo's reputation?

As far as I'm concerned, it's such a shame that the haters are more known than us actual fans are, as to practically ignore our existence altogether. That's what it feels like to me. AND as far as I'm concerned, this builds a 'bad reputation' for Princess Daisy herself, knowing that they have the power to get rid of that ill stigma about her.
I wouldn't be surprised, really. The louder the fanbase, the more that would get noticed. And a lot of people have claimer their "distaste" of Daisy's character and thus, killing her reputation. Think about Sonic, although for the most part it is judgified with a few games like 06, Boom and Shadow the Hedgehog, most people just think it's a complete toxic fanbase (which it isn't) but those people are the most loud about it, and thus, gives Sonic a bad name. Just the same with Daisy as well, but for even more exaggerated and personal reasons (Hi I'm Daisy).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I wouldn't be surprised, really. The louder the fanbase, the more that would get noticed. And a lot of people have claimer their "distaste" of Daisy's character and thus, killing her reputation. Think about Sonic, although for the most part it is judgified with a few games like 06, Boom and Shadow the Hedgehog, most people just think it's a complete toxic fanbase (which it isn't) but those people are the most loud about it, and thus, gives Sonic a bad name. Just the same with Daisy as well, but for even more exaggerated and personal reasons (Hi I'm Daisy).
The whole ordeal is confusing overall, but just why? Why do people hate her? Is it because she is loud? Because she is tomboy? Because she isn't your everyday 'elegant and beautiful' damsel in distress? That is one of the reasons she is one my favorite characters, she isn't your regular princess, why can't people see this?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Her catchphrase was just from ONE game, though (to my knowledge, at least). But at least I don't blame the fans for hating on her, Nintendo is the real culprit here. If only they could market Daisy more positively; you know, make her look like an awesome character, then maybe fans would probably get off of her back, and have a larger following, kinda like what Rosalina got.
All right, in about an hour or two, I'll send that letter to Nintendo, any suggestions on what I should write? I simply plan on asking politely why Daisy isn't on SMM but do you guys have additional advice for this?
I apologize for not having advice for you, but I wish you luck. If Nintendo responds to you, I'm also dying to know they said and how they've handled this ordeal.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, you clearly already know that being polite is vital, so I don't need to say that! ;)

As for other advice, make sure to keep it concise, reasonable, and on-point - simply saying that you saw the press coverage of the game and are wondering why your favourite character is absent will make the point very clearly. There's no need to write a large number of pages, or even more than a couple of short paragraphs, in a letter to make the feedback understood.

Don't be accusatory or point fingers at the company or individuals within it (for example, whilst I may speculate about the rumours of Miyamoto-bias on a fan community like this, it has absolutely no place in a complaint/feedback letter). You do not want to risk sounding like you're ranting, even if that's not the intent.

It is absolutely fine to briefly express disappointment that, for example, an inanimate object like a Mahjong tile was included instead, but that's as far as that should go - as everyone knows, bashing other characters just because one doesn't agree with them is poor form. (For balance: As strange a choice as it is, the Mahjong tile is a reference to an early Famicom game that helped the system's success in the days before Super Mario Bros. was released.)

After stating your case, it would be best to end on a positive note, by stating that you enjoy the games that Daisy does appear in, and that you hope to see her appear in more games - such as a main series platformer or whatever you prefer - in the future. Even if you're sending a letter about something disappointing, there's no need to end it on a sour note, after all!

Ideally, you should be able to keep the whole thing shorter than this advice, and your point will be well-understood. :laugh:

The whole ordeal is confusing overall, but just why? Why do people hate her? Is it because she is loud? Because she is tomboy? Because she isn't your everyday 'elegant and beautiful' damsel in distress? That is one of the reasons she is one my favorite characters, she isn't your regular princess, why can't people see this?
It could be parts of all of these, plus the fact that, for whatever reason, aside from Super Mario Land, they stopped putting her into mainline games.

I've never understood that, especially not when they used to push her so much in major licensed products like Super Mario Bros.: The Movie (yes, it was a disaster thanks to how the licensees handled it, but it was a major product nonetheless, and it did have traces of things that are true in game canon, the most notable of which is Daisy's relationship with Luigi), and that Super Mario Land pop song that was actually a very big seller back in its day.

I mean, they still include her in almost all of the popular spin-offs and in merchandise lines, but a main game appearance, like her debut, would certainly help a lot!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hammer home the point Super Mario Land is a part of Mario history that should be represented in a game aiming to be the ultimate representation of Mario's history.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Well, you clearly already know that being polite is vital, so I don't need to say that! ;)

As for other advice, make sure to keep it concise, reasonable, and on-point - simply saying that you saw the press coverage of the game and are wondering why your favourite character is absent will make the point very clearly. There's no need to write a large number of pages, or even more than a couple of short paragraphs, in a letter to make the feedback understood.

Don't be accusatory or point fingers at the company or individuals within it (for example, whilst I may speculate about the rumours of Miyamoto-bias on a fan community like this, it has absolutely no place in a complaint/feedback letter). You do not want to risk sounding like you're ranting, even if that's not the intent.

It is absolutely fine to briefly express disappointment that, for example, an inanimate object like a Mahjong tile was included instead, but that's as far as that should go - as everyone knows, bashing other characters just because one doesn't agree with them is poor form. (For balance: As strange a choice as it is, the Mahjong tile is a reference to an early Famicom game that helped the system's success in the days before Super Mario Bros. was released.)

After stating your case, it would be best to end on a positive note, by stating that you enjoy the games that Daisy does appear in, and that you hope to see her appear in more games - such as a main series platformer or whatever you prefer - in the future. Even if you're sending a letter about something disappointing, there's no need to end it on a sour note, after all!

Ideally, you should be able to keep the whole thing shorter than this advice, and your point will be well-understood. :laugh:

It could be parts of all of these, plus the fact that, for whatever reason, aside from Super Mario Land, they stopped putting her into mainline games.

I've never understood that, especially not when they used to push her so much in major licensed products like Super Mario Bros.: The Movie (yes, it was a disaster thanks to how the licensees handled it, but it was a major product nonetheless, and it did have traces of things that are true in game canon, the most notable of which is Daisy's relationship with Luigi), and that Super Mario Land pop song that was actually a very big seller back in its day.

I mean, they still include her in almost all of the popular spin-offs and in merchandise lines, but a main game appearance, like her debut, would certainly help a lot!
Hammer home the point Super Mario Land is a part of Mario history that should be represented in a game aiming to be the ultimate representation of Mario's history.
All right, thanks guys, I'll keep all of this in mind.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Now I am stuck with the help topic, nothing has anything to do with what I want to ask >_<. The closest is Corporate Social Responsibility but what does that have anything to do with asking what I want to ask?

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
But what Daisy needs now more than ever is some form of controversy. Her getting Smashified would really help her get notice and to rally up support, similar to the Shantae Smashified.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Repairs, Parental Controls, Club Nintendo, Purchases and Downloads, Accounts and Billing, Miiverse Event Feedback, amiibo, Piracy.
Assuming you've picked up Super Mario Maker, I'd say that the most relevant one is "Purchases and Downloads", as it at least relates to a game you've bought.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Assuming you've picked up Super Mario Maker, I'd say that the most relevant one is "Purchases and Downloads", as it at least relates to a game you've bought.
Only PR, Miiverse Event Feedback and Corporate Social Responsibility allow you to write specifically whatever question you have for that topic, the rest have predetermined questions and you can't write one of your own.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Only PR, Miiverse Event Feedback and Corporate Social Responsibility allow you to write specifically whatever question you have for that topic, the rest have predetermined questions and you can't write one of your own.
Either @Edward Rochester or @StarCrystal20 were the first ones to send an e-mail to Nintendo regarding Daisy months ago. One of them was able to get an answer and showed it off here too. So asking on of them would be a great way to know which category to choose.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Either @Edward Rochester or @StarCrystal20 were the first ones to send an e-mail to Nintendo regarding Daisy months ago. One of them was able to get an answer and showed it off here too. So asking on of them would be a great way to know which category to choose.
All right, thanks, just hope either of them can give me an answer, and like them, I'll post whatever answer they give me.

Top Bottom