• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hey, I saw the news for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash! Finally, we get more info! Still, I'm not sure whether to be excited Princess Daisy FINALLY got new HD artwork in the Wii U era, or UNBELIEVABLY ANNOYED that it took THIS long for them to do it. Still though, you know what's funny? I always imagined that if Rosalina would ever be playable in a Mario Tennis game, THIS would be her outfit:
Don't get me wrong, I like the one they gave her now, but I feel that I would have preferred this more. What do you all think?
I don't know....it reminds me of DeviantArt.

So glad that Daisy-Rosalina doubles are a thing!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
BTW, wanted to post this as well:
and THIS:
Wow, that Daisy moveset got to be one of the most creative ones to be based solely on Super Mario Land (beats stealing the whole 8-bit enemy summon gimmick from Duck Hunt). Having Daisy hop around like Hsein-Ko would be amusing and frightening at the same time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And I just realized something, Mariotehplumber is making me and Scruffy famous thanks to ranting about the YouTube posts we made. We must be very lucky individuals after all.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And I just realized something, Mariotehplumber is making me and Scruffy famous thanks to ranting about the YouTube posts we made. We must be very lucky individuals after all.
Let me guess, you're going to post in the comment section to tease him? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let me guess, you're going to post in the comment section to tease him? :troll:
Nope, I'll just share it with my followers to show them how ironic the situation is. More people will know my name thanks to him and start following me because of bad publicity. There's no such thing as bad publicity after all. :p

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Nope, I'll just share it with my followers to show them how ironic the situation is. More people will know my name thanks to him and start following me because of bad publicity. There's no such thing as bad publicity after all. :p
I dunno, being known for sexual harassment (Or any crime, for that matter) would be pretty bad.

Mariotehplumber ought to be in Smash as an assist trophy. Wouldn't that be funny?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I dunno, being known for sexual harassment (Or any crime, for that matter) would be pretty bad.

Mariotehplumber ought to be in Smash as an assist trophy. Wouldn't that be funny?
Right, now that kind of publicity for those crimes would be bad. Like bad to the point where you are wanted dead or alive like any other pirate.

A Mariotehplumber Assist Trophy would be fun. But the idea of a Shokio one where he makes his foes big as **** would be funnier. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Right, now that kind of publicity for those crimes would be bad. Like bad to the point where you are wanted dead or alive like any other pirate.

A Mariotehplumber Assist Trophy would be fun. But the idea of a Shokio one where he makes his foes big as **** would be funnier. :laugh:
Nah, the Shokio AT should expose people instead of doing that. The whole joke will be lost since Ridley is dead and he's not really famous for Ridley rants anyways.

On a curious note, I like how MTP is shipping two of the hottest Mario princesses together. Rosalina x Daisy does have a nice ring to it.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Ok I am sooo late about this, but I LOVE LOVE how Daisy looks in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash! She's finally getting more love.

One thing I am extremely happy about is the fact that they gave Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina different outfits. They look so much more unique that way, and there's a bigger contrast instead of them just looking the same. I am very happy that Daisy does not wear the golf dress and has the booty shorts instead. They suit her wayy more, and the fact that Peach and Rosalina don't wear booty shorts makes it seem so much more unique to Daisy as well. Technically, the booty shorts are unique to Daisy, since the first game with sports Peach and Daisy was Mario Golf toadstool Tour. And in that game, Peach wore the skirt and Daisy wore the booty shorts. Soo glad they're bringing that motif back.

And finally! Daisy gets an HD artwork. It's about time. The only thing I don't like about the artwork is how her lipstick is more prominent. In most other games she didn't wear any but in the artwork it especially shows through. But she still looks pretty with it, though.

And something kind of funny and hilarious and coincidental is that in a previous post I legit talked about how much I wanted Daisy to have her own booty shorts in ultra smash while Peach has her skirt and my wish came true. I also love depicting Daisy as thicker than Peach so then when I saw that they actually made her thick in this game compared to the other princesses, I was like wow! I was surprised to see that she is notably thicker than Peach and Rosalina. That is soo coincidental. My Daisy wishes came true! Hmmm.. wonder if my next Daisy wish will come true. Wanna know what that wish is? You probably already know. I want Daisy my awesome feisty princess bae in Smash Bros as DLC. Hopefully that wish will come true too.

Also something I find hilariously fanservice-y is that they made Ds shorts even SHORTER in this game! LOL! It practically looks like she's wearing a pair of panties! And Daisy looks really awesome and pretty here. Her idle stance and other animations are so fluid!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ok I am sooo late about this, but I LOVE LOVE how Daisy looks in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash! She's finally getting more love.

One thing I am extremely happy about is the fact that they gave Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina different outfits. They look so much more unique that way, and there's a bigger contrast instead of them just looking the same. I am very happy that Daisy does not wear the golf dress and has the booty shorts instead. They suit her wayy more, and the fact that Peach and Rosalina don't wear booty shorts makes it seem so much more unique to Daisy as well. Technically, the booty shorts are unique to Daisy, since the first game with sports Peach and Daisy was Mario Golf toadstool Tour. And in that game, Peach wore the skirt and Daisy wore the booty shorts. Soo glad they're bringing that motif back.

And finally! Daisy gets an HD artwork. It's about time. The only thing I don't like about the artwork is how her lipstick is more prominent. In most other games she didn't wear any but in the artwork it especially shows through. But she still looks pretty with it, though.

And something kind of funny and hilarious and coincidental is that in a previous post I legit talked about how much I wanted Daisy to have her own booty shorts in ultra smash while Peach has her skirt and my wish came true. I also love depicting Daisy as thicker than Peach so then when I saw that they actually made her thick in this game compared to the other princesses, I was like wow! I was surprised to see that she is notably thicker than Peach and Rosalina. That is soo coincidental. My Daisy wishes came true! Hmmm.. wonder if my next Daisy wish will come true. Wanna know what that wish is? You probably already know. I want Daisy my awesome feisty princess bae in Smash Bros as DLC. Hopefully that wish will come true too.

Also something I find hilariously fanservice-y is that they made Ds shorts even SHORTER in this game! LOL! It practically looks like she's wearing a pair of panties! And Daisy looks really awesome and pretty here. Her idle stance and other animations are so fluid!
Oh, wow! That's what felt so different about Princess Daisy to me! The lipstick was unusually prominent this time around in her artwork! Thank you for saying it! It's been eating at me all day today what felt so "different" about her, but I just couldn't put my finger on it!

D

Deleted member

Mario-Superstar-Baseball-peach-and-daisy-9298692-732-1580.jpg
Sorry the image is so big. Anyway, this is older artwork, and honestly they didn't change too much here. Her shorts were always short. I think they must have ever so slightly made her thicker, it's almost undetectable, but everyone seems to have noticed. I suppose it's more likely to be muscle though, if she's portrayed as most athletic.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Sorry the image is so big. Anyway, this is older artwork, and honestly they didn't change too much here. Her shorts were always short. I think they must have ever so slightly made her thicker, it's almost undetectable, but everyone seems to have noticed. I suppose it's more likely to be muscle though, if she's portrayed as most athletic.
Idk... In that baseball artwork Daisy's shorts are a tiny bit longer there and she definitely does look slimmer to me. I guess I just notice easily since I am obsessed with Daisy lol. I like her Ultra Smash look a lot more. The only thing I like about her old look is a less bold/noticeable lip color.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Ahh...finally made it to the party, ladies and gents! Daisy looks really nice in Ultra Smash. The first time I saw her, my eyes just lit up at the amount of detail they used with her. Not to mention, Rosie is also in the game! There goes the neighborhood!

But real talk, I'm happy that she (plus many others) finally got a nice HD render. Camelot have really outdone themselves this time around, and I'm in favor of them working on platformers in the future!:awesome: But whatevs, this is truly a breath of fresh air, and for her to even have an Amiibo will definitely make my day!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Video link please?
I saw this on Tumblr and thought it was fanmade since they use a lot of reused artwork, and what especially looks odd is the fact that the Princesses are in their dresses. I'm guessing they are in their dresses because of amiibo reasons.

I have great faith in the release of a Daisy amiibo. Sadly, she'd probably be in her dress, not her stylish badass sports outfit.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I saw this on Tumblr and thought it was fanmade since they use a lot of reused artwork, and what especially looks odd is the fact that the Princesses are in their dresses. I'm guessing they are in their dresses because of amiibo reasons.

I have great faith in the release of a Daisy amiibo. Sadly, she'd probably be in her dress, not her stylish badass sports outfit.
Your point about the artwork makes me hopeful.

If Mario Tennis Ultra Smash's Amiibo support is of the AI player variety like Smash 3DS/Wii U's is, then I think it definitely hugely increases Daisy's chances of geting an Amiibo in the Super Mario Series line-up, which we already know is unfinished thanks to both Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10 making reference to unreleased DK, Wario, and Rosalina Amiibo in the line.

However, do we actually know what the Amiibo support entails, yet? What if it's just for unlocking Mii costumes, replacing the method used for them in Mario Tennis Open with something in line with Mario Kart 8?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Your point about the artwork makes me hopeful.

If Mario Tennis Ultra Smash's Amiibo support is of the AI player variety like Smash 3DS/Wii U's is, then I think it definitely hugely increases Daisy's chances of geting an Amiibo in the Super Mario Series line-up, which we already know is unfinished thanks to both Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10 making reference to unreleased DK, Wario, and Rosalina Amiibo in the line.

However, do we actually know what the Amiibo support entails, yet? What if it's just for unlocking Mii costumes, replacing the method used for them in Mario Tennis Open with something in line with Mario Kart 8?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpQ-005bIM

No, the amiibos will not just be for unlocking Mii costumes. You'll be able to train them like in Smash Bros I think.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
LOL That last character is both shocking and surprising at the same time. I mean, I least expected one of those things from 3D World to be playable in a Mario sports game.

But kudos on my Mario kart Wii main finally returning to make up for his absence in Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpQ-005bIM

No, the amiibos will not just be for unlocking Mii costumes. You'll be able to train them like in Smash Bros I think.
Oh that is fantastic, thanks very much for confirming that! :grin:

I'd say it's a given that we'll see Amiibo for most, if not all, of the playable characters on the roster, given that.

I just hope that Diddy Kong turns up at some point, too - he's my main in Mario Tennis Open, and I'd definitely double-dip on an Amiibo of him, since he's one of my favourite Nintendo characters.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Ultra Smash news.
Daisy lookin' a bit thicker than normal and is now All-Around instead of Technique.
First HD art for her (or Waluigi)
I see. Is it just me or are they trying to oversexualize Daisy here more than Peach and Rosalina? I apologize if I sound bias but this is the impression I am getting so far.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I see. Is it just me or are they trying to oversexualize Daisy here more than Peach and Rosalina? I apologize if I sound bias but this is the impression I am getting so far.
I don't get it at all.
I mean... at least not certainly as much as you could stretch from Strikers where she would shove her ass out and press her thumb against it with a sizzle sound to show how hot her game was.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Daisy confirmed to have gained some pounds.
Honestly, I think she looks the same in terms of her waist size. Honestly, she always had more of a waist that Peach or Rosalina, (Still shapely, but thicker.) but I think the shorts really makes that waist read more than the dress or skirt did. Same with her leotard.

Am I the only one upset that she's "All-Round" instead of "Technique?"
Yes?
Oh.
I'll be quiet then.
I'm fine with it. I'm good with most types, but I'm usually better with All-around and Speed types in Tennis. So this really works for me.

YO yoshiunity yoshiunity , IT'S FELIX FROM SSMB

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE ON HERE
Hey hey, man! Didn't know you were one here! 'Sup? Great to see you on here, mang! Yep! I had an account on here for years, but left due to frustrations and confrontations during Brawl. I pop back on now, here and there but it's mostly the ballots that convince me to participate again.

It does look like they've tweaked her face, but only slightly. It's been redone completely before though....
Otherwise, looks great. Is this the first HD-era Daisy render? It should definitely be used to promote her now...

My personal guess for the remaining four characters (which match the colors): Diddy Kong, Shy Guy, Nabbit, Bowser Jr.
You know... I notice how different her face looks, too. However, it's so subtle but striking that I can't put my finger on it. I want to that they thicken her eyebrows slightly, but also gave her more cheek in her face. To where they're more rounded and works a bit better with her big ol' eyes. Not sure though...

Wait Daisy Ultra Smash Artwork I smell Smash.
It always great to see her get some love, but I wouldn't get too excited for Nintendo noticing her since it's Camelot making this. For the most part, whenever they actually have a decent amount of time to work on a title, they'll do something that gives Daisy as much love as even most of the main-stay characters. In fact, For Mario Golf World Tour, they were all over the Daisy love. Even gave her a trailer and a place in a art piece.

I guess Bandai/Namco, too. Since the last Mario Sluggers game gave Daisy a considerable amount of screen time in the cutscenes and she even invited everyone onto her Cruiser at the end.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Honestly, I think she looks the same in terms of her waist size. Honestly, she always had more of a waist that Peach or Rosalina, (Still shapely, but thicker.) but I think the shorts really makes that waist read more than the dress or skirt did. Same with her leotard.

I'm fine with it. I'm good with most types, but I'm usually better with All-around and Speed types in Tennis. So this really works for me.

Hey hey, man! Didn't know you were one here! 'Sup? Great to see you on here, mang! Yep! I had an account on here for years, but left due to frustrations and confrontations during Brawl. I pop back on now, here and there but it's mostly the ballots that convince me to participate again.

You know... I notice how different her face looks, too. However, it's so subtle but striking that I can't put my finger on it. I want to that they thicken her eyebrows slightly, but also gave her more cheek in her face. To where they're more rounded and works a bit better with her big ol' eyes. Not sure though...

It always great to see her get some love, but I wouldn't get too excited for Nintendo noticing her since it's Camelot making this. For the most part, whenever they actually have a decent amount of time to work on a title, they'll do something that gives Daisy as much love as even most of the main-stay characters. In fact, For Mario Golf World Tour, they were all over the Daisy love. Even gave her a trailer and a place in a art piece.

I guess Bandai/Namco, too. Since the last Mario Sluggers game gave Daisy a considerable amount of screen time in the cutscenes and she even invited everyone onto her Cruiser at the end.
Yeah, Nintendo doesn't seem to get the wake up call that not only their main series characters are the ones people want to see.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Nintendo doesn't seem to get the wake up call that not only their main series characters are the ones people want to see.
It does make sense, seeing as how Camelot created their own spin-off character, that they would try to share the spotlight with the 'spin-off' characters more.
Also I like how we are seeing Daisy pitted against Waluigi and Rosalina in recent videos.

They should really make a Waluigi/Daisy game. Like a whimsical platformer. In the first part of the game, Waluigi travels across Sarasaland to woo Daisy but gets completely rejected. Then Daisy travels to the Mushroom Kingdom to find that Peach has gone off with Rosalina for the day. Then Bowser/Tatanga invades the kingdom and Daisy and Waluigi must work together to defeat him, and afterwards they're ok with each other, and decide to play some tennis matches.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
If these are all the characters I'll be disappointed.

I want to play as Shy guy again.

:231:
I'm not disappointed because Daisy, but the amount of DK reps in that game is absolutely abysmal. Where's my main Kong Diddy????

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So in addition to the 9 from Mario Party we could also have Bowser Jr's amiibo be compatable. I wonder if that means there'll be Boo, Daisy, Waluigi, Toadette, Dry Bowser and Sprixie Princess amiibo down the line.

And Rosalina is still floating? It looked nice with he long dress but now you're just showing off.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Am I the only one who misses Petey Piranha? Also where the heck is Diddy? You can't have DK without Diddy! And I also hope Shy Guy is in.

Top Bottom