• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Am I the only one who misses Petey Piranha? Also where the heck is Diddy? You can't have DK without Diddy! And I also hope Shy Guy is in.
Unfortunaly, this logic is false since MK8. You can have DK without Diddy.

So in addition to the 9 from Mario Party we could also have Bowser Jr's amiibo be compatable. I wonder if that means there'll be Boo, Daisy, Waluigi, Toadette, Dry Bowser and Sprixie Princess amiibo down the line.

And Rosalina is still floating? It looked nice with he long dress but now you're just showing off.
That's why I disagree a bit with the sexualization of Daisy superior than Rosalina's. Her legs shine because of her leggings, she always floats and has a really really short dress.
I don't like that a lot, but well.

Also, Daisy is now All-around, Peach is Technical, and Rosalina is Power. Where is my Triforce artwork of them?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

That's why I disagree a bit with the sexualization of Daisy superior than Rosalina's. Her legs shine because of her leggings, she always floats and has a really really short dress.

Also, Daisy is now All-around, Peach is Technical, and Rosalina is Power. Where is my Triforce artwork of them?
Yeah, now that I double check it isn't Strikers level of sexualization, and I seen a few comments saying that it's Peach as always the one who is getting oversexualized this time, anyway let's just drop this 'sexualization' thing, it's making my head spin. Rosalina = Ganondorf, Peach = Zelda and Daisy = Link perhaps?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That would make: Peach kidnapped, Rosalina who turns into a beast, and Daisy who cannot speak. Yeah, I shouldn't have such ideas .
Nah, it's cool, but I am thankful that it isn't the case with these three cause they would be doomed to repeat the same pattern forever.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Nah, it's cool, but I am thankful that it isn't the case with these three cause they would be doomed to repeat the same pattern forever.
Ahah. Peach is already doomed to repeat the same pattern forever.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My beef's not with sexulization.

It's that with the long dress the floating effect was more subtle and gave Rosalina a mysterious otherworldly quality. Now she looks like a Magical Girl.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oi, what's with all the Half Life jokes already? Is it that time of the year when Gaben Newell gives us news?

D

Deleted member

See, none of the mario females seem 'sexy' to me at all, because they're so cartoonish. Especially Rosalina, because she always came across to me as a motherly-type figure. Hence her voice and more chill attitude. She's still beautiful and awesome, just not...you know, waifu material (MY opinion).
My beef's not with sexulization.

It's that with the long dress the floating effect was more subtle and gave Rosalina a mysterious otherworldly quality. Now she looks like a Magical Girl.
Meh, it makes sense to me. She shouldn't be in her full dress because no one plays tennis wearing something like that, but then again if she can float then why not float? Maybe redundant in your eyes but I think it looks cool to see her floating around the court. Maybe she was going to just wear her normal dress but Peach and Daisy took her aside and said, "Look, dear, you just can't be playing tennis in that gown, let's go shopping..."
I feel like Rosalina's the type of personality that doesn't try to show off but also doesn't consider when she might actually be doing so.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
See, none of the mario females seem 'sexy' to me at all, because they're so cartoonish. Especially Rosalina, because she always came across to me as a motherly-type figure. Hence her voice and more chill attitude. She's still beautiful and awesome, just not...you know, waifu material (MY opinion).
I hate the term "waifu", if you wand my mind. I don't understand the concept of "waifuism". Falling in love with a fictional character is something not in my capabilities spectrum.
When I was saying "sexualization", it's mainly because she seems less calm and mysterious than before. Now, she's there in a really miniskirt with white leggings to put her legs in relief.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Seeing Daisy fatten up reminds me of the Busty Daisy thing on page 31. Maybe it should be revived????

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Seeing Daisy fatten up reminds me of the Busty Daisy thing on page 31. Maybe it should be revived????

Come again? Unless it's just referring to her Mario Party 10 animations, then I can see where this is going.

#Asuka&BustyDaisy4Smash. :troll:

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Here's that Daisy render again, but at 3 times the resolution and cropped. So there's more detail to see.

It's faint, but after looking at some of the renders, I think that these are the first Mario render with actual skin detail. It's still very muted, but it's definitely not that smooth plastic skin -- with detail on everything else but -- that Mario character renders seem to have.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Ok does anyone have a link to the video (or any video) where the character select screen is shown? I literally can NOT find one. Please link it.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Here's that Daisy render again, but at 3 times the resolution and cropped. So there's more detail to see.

It's faint, but after looking at some of the renders, I think that these are the first Mario render with actual skin detail. It's still very muted, but it's definitely not that smooth plastic skin -- with detail on everything else but -- that Mario character renders seem to have.
Dat 4K Daisy artwork....

They even got down to the finest details, look at the green flower pearls!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Remember when a certain mod had a problem with it? Yeah, it might be a bit too risky to go back to the glory days. Then again, we do have a certain someone talking about booty shorts of all things.

Come again? Unless it's just referring to her Mario Party 10 animations, then I can see where this is going.

#Asuka&BustyDaisy4Smash. :troll:
Looks like somebody forgot all the times I told her about the craziness in the Daisy thread. :troll:

But you are right, the whole Busty Daisy thing became a running joke when we were joking about her "boings bits" in Mario Party. But then again, you did have that headcanon of Daisy being a tomboy because she was shy about her figure and wanted to hide away her "gifts" through tight corsets. Then there's the fact that you had dreams of wanting to touch them....

So yeah, Katsuragi is your spirit animal alright. :p

D

Deleted member

I hate the term "waifu", if you wand my mind. I don't understand the concept of "waifuism". Falling in love with a fictional character is something not in my capabilities spectrum.
When I was saying "sexualization", it's mainly because she seems less calm and mysterious than before. Now, she's there in a really miniskirt with white leggings to put her legs in relief.
I don't think what you've described is really sexualization. The character is being incorporated into a sports game; ergo, she wears a more appropriate sports outfit and displays a bit more enthusiasm for taking part in a competitive game. There's nothing wrong with that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't think what you've described is really sexualization. The character is being incorporated into a sports game; ergo, she wears a more appropriate sports outfit and displays a bit more enthusiasm for taking part in a competitive game. There's nothing wrong with that.
The questionable "sexualization" is that the sports outfits consist of nearly-sleeveless tops and shorts that don't even hit the mid thigh. Somewhat realistic, but the internet is drawn to push just about anything to sex.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I didn't say this was a bad thing, or that this was wrong, you know. I've described what I've indentified as sexualization for Rosalina, but never said it should be reversed or something like that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Here's Daisy being featured in this hanafuda card set from Nintendo. :estatic:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-offering-mario-hanafuda-playing-cards/.94469
Super cute and beautifully illustrated cards. The Daisy one is my favorite, of course.
It's good to see Daisy popping up in more merchandise.

I truly think 2016 will be a big year for Daisy. A lot of good things are happening for her so far!
There is a high possibility of us getting a Daisy amiibo, and hopefully she makes it into Smash, too!!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Beautifully illustrated cards. I also hope like StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 said, that 2016 will hopefully be a better year for Daisy, but I am keeping my expectations low since I don't want to experience another letdown like the one in SMM.
Same with me...bearing Nintendo's opinions of her in mind, not to mention, the chain of events regarding Daisy in the past.

I REALLY DO wanna get my hopes up, though, but at the moment, I'm still pessimistic. Honestly wish I had StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 's optimism, to tell you the truth.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I'll never understand the deal of adding White Mage instead of Rosalina. Especially with how off-putting that image is.
And tell me, what does White Mage have to do with the Mario universe? White Mage is from the Final Fantasy universe; I know because in the words of Alex Jones, I have the documents.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
And tell me, what does White Mage have to do with the Mario universe? White Mage is from the Final Fantasy universe; I know because in the words of Alex Jones, I have the documents.
Well the game was developed by Square Enix....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Plus White Mage was in the DS prequel before Rosalina made her spin-off debut.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Isn't White Mage a boy? At least from the appearance of the highest level class having a beard in the original NES title? :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isn't White Mage a boy? At least from the appearance of the highest level class having a beard in the original NES title? :troll:
Two words: Sprite limitations. You know, like how Bowser's NES Sprite lacked his trademark hair? It should be no surprise that Square confirmed countless times that she is female and what you saw was a mistake.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the upgraded sprite showed that Black Mage wasn't a faceless abomination but rather, some dude. I don't think Square considers that canon.

Top Bottom