• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As I said before, there's still possibilities to have time travel shenanigans. They're throwing a Skyward Sword sky world into this game, I don't think we can rule out time traveling. But yeah, most likely Impa will be old again yes.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
As Age of Calamity just did a Time Travel plot; I doubt Nintendo would want two games in a row having similar plots.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
In different ways yes. But not like how some have theorized BotW 2.

So, to explain what I mean; Ocarina of Time's Time Travel allowed for Link to go back and forth between two different Timelines. While Majora's Mask allowed Link to Reset Time back to the First Day allowing him to make more progress than he would have had otherwise. Both have Time Travel; but in different ways.

Also, how would Ganondorf or Link go back in time?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In different ways yes. But not like how some have theorized BotW 2.

So, to explain what I mean; Ocarina of Time's Time Travel allowed for Link to go back and forth between two different Timelines. While Majora's Mask allowed Link to Reset Time back to the First Day allowing him to make more progress than he would have had otherwise. Both have Time Travel; but in different ways.

Also, how would Ganondorf or Link go back in time?
well who's to say any time travel in botw2 would function the same way as in aoc?

the ancient shikah tech has shown to be capable of time travel

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just somehow it would make sense for the BotW lore to try and do something with time traveling, as the 100 year gap is quite comparable to the 7 year gap in Ocarina of Time in many ways. Link also got send back to his original timeline in that game after all. I'd see the developers try and make the Champions survive, or maybe I think all this because of that one other game...

I think it's indeed the most likely scenario that Impa will be old yet again. I have little doubts about it. Yet, we might see her younger self through cutscenes? I doubt she will have a much bigger role than in BotW too... But if the next game would take after Skyward Sword, and take place in the era where Hylia fought together with the original Hero against Demise, Impa would also be there and take an active part in the story.

I do think she'll be back soon enough anyway. In one way or another.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I feel if Impa doesn't make it now, she will be one of the front runners for Smash 6 alongside another Zelda rep (probably a BOTW character)
I agree.
To be honest, I don’t think there’s much chance the last DLC reveal will be Impa. It’s not hype enough (it would be for me though!).

But I do think if we get a smash 6 where they actually plan to continue expanding on characters, then Impa has a very high chance of leading the newcomers.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I feel if Impa doesn't make it now, she will be one of the front runners for Smash 6 alongside another Zelda rep (probably a BOTW character)
Oh for sure, she's one of the biggest first parties left in my opinion, especially among already represented franchises.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Conception BOTW2 Impa fanart.

That would honestly be amazing. I still think there's a possibility for this to happen, but I wouldn't expect it perse.

I do kind of think that with the Skyward Sword remake, and BotW2 having a Sky World, there's a good possibility they will make a prequel to Skyward Sword as the next big 3D Zelda game. The game with the actual first Hero, fighting the war for Hylia against Demise. Young Impa from Skyward Sword would also be there.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ill do a little plug you may like!

Octorock, Spits his Way in!

Another giant (not literally) Mainstay of zelda appearing in every mainline Game that doesnt have boring enemy design (by that i mean tp dont worry its still good just yeah the monsters look bad in my opinion!) you can discuss that squiddy boy there ive even made a Blue Links awekening Octorock render!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
FE ? Not at all. Maybe it's my English but for me, the only mook playable in Smash is Piranha Plant.
True but if another one comes in than Octorock would be a good choice!

Also if Enemys return next game why shouldnt they be playable!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Because mooks shouldn't be playable in Smash at all in our view. That's why.

It's the same way for if Goku gets added. Sure it's just one 4th Party, but one would still ruin the game for a lot of people.
Yet we have pirahna plant in the game!
And i guess zombie and enderman!
Sure i sorta get the sentiment but still considering how big the pushback against all Zelda Characters is Because they are "one offs" it makes sense sugessting Someone who is in 95% of all zelda games!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yet we have pirahna plant in the game!
And i guess zombie and enderman!
Sure i sorta get the sentiment but still considering how big the pushback against all Zelda Characters is Because they are "one offs" it makes sense sugessting Someone who is in 95% of all zelda games!
Zombie and Enderman are just skins sharing a slot with Steve and Alex, not fully unique characters taking up their own slot. Kind of a different story.

Also both of them have been available as playable skins in Minecraft itself anyway.

Anyway there are still plenty of Zelda characters who are NOT generic mooks that can be playable in Smash, same thing goes for Mario as well.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Because mooks shouldn't be playable in Smash at all in our view. That's why.

It's the same way for if Goku gets added. Sure it's just one 4th Party, but one would still ruin the game for a lot of people.
Are you sure that’s why they’re against them. I think that some generic enemies could be quite suitable reps for certain series, like a bulborb for pick or a Metroid for Metroid. But that’s just me and smash isn’t really about representation anyway. But when it comes to Zelda characters there are no bad choices

except for revalli

Top Bottom