• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Shocking Conclusion!

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is more thunder-based than Pikachu. I was bored today, so I decided to make a list of all his electric based moves. Been having Olimar troubles, you see. As it turns out, just about anything involving PSI energy sends the opponent flying away in electricity, giving Lucas 10 electric based moves as opposed to Pika's seven. If you count PKT2 as separate from PKT, that makes eleven. These moves cannot kill yellow Pikmin, with the exception of the non-sweet spot (and therefore non-elemental) portions of the "sweet spot only" moves.

Lucas's electrical based moves are:

Forward Tilt
Up Tilt (sweet spot only)
Dash Attack
Up Smash
Down Smash
PK Thunder/PKT2
Back Air
Forward Air (sweet spot only)
Neutral Air
PSI Magnet

Lucas is officially Lightning Boy.

Since I can't see the point in making a separate thread for it, here's a list of Ness's electric based moves for anyone who's interested:

Dash Attack
Forward Air
Back Air (sweet spot only)
PK Thunder/PKT2
PK Flash

hazard99

Smash Cadet
Considering the fact that elemental damage does increased knockback to PT's pokemon who are weak to it, this gives Lucas a definite advantage against Squirtle. On a side note, his PK Fire is super effective on Ivysaur and becomes a very viable KO move. Why didn't they make PK Freeze water based? We got nothin' on Charizard!
Is this even true? I used to be on the PT forums all the time, and many times this statement was shot down as inaccurate.

orintemple

Smash Lord
If that thing about PT is true that is AMAZINGLY COOL! I was hoping they would put that in because it is such a sweet idea, and true to the world of Pokemon.

I never heard about it til now though...

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: About the pokemon weakness thing.

It seems that only Grass, Fire and Water affect knockback for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, respectively. Thunder does not have increased effect against Squirtle.

Here are the tests I performed for Pokemon elemental weaknesses. My original post incorrectly concludes that Thunder is super effective against Squirtle, however further down in the thread this is debunked.

Our PK Fire does have increased knockback against Ivysaur, however ...

Fishcake56

Smash Cadet
Are some parts of Lucas's dair lightning-based? I remember his feet emitting small PSI hexagons during certain stages of the attack.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Negative on the down air. The easiest way to tell is the opponent must be covered in electricity after they're knocked back. I also tested several--including the down air--against yellow pikmin. The down air killed 'em.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Squirtle's weakness to electricity is debunked. According to M2K's weight list thread, Fox and Squirtle have the exact same horizontal weight. I tested PK Thunder on both of them hitting with only the side of the head from the center of FD in training mode and they both died at exactly 227%. You have to hit them at the exact same trajectory or else they will die at different percentages. The reason for this is because Fox has a higher vertical weight than Squirtle does also according to M2K's data. So if Squirtle is sent at a higher angle than Fox, he will die at lower percentages. I tested the same thing with forward tilts just to be sure and got 147% for Fox and 145% for Squirtle. I have a feeling this was because of the height difference affecting slightly the trajectory they were sent in. Even if it wasn't that clearly shows that any difference in knockback would have to be too low to be worth calling a weakness.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
About the Yellow Pikmin thing...

Nairs are what I use to get pikmin off of me.

It's painful for me to play Lucas vs Olimar.

I should try ignoring the yellows. xD

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
I don`t know if this relates to this topic or not, (it probably doesn`t), but what is "PK"?

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Mikezor said:
One forward air still kills any pikmin on Lucas, though.
Only the sweet spot of the forward air is electric based. If the Pikmin is on Lucas's body, it would be too far in, missing the sweet spot and getting hit by a neutral attack.

And yes, the Thunder weakness is not correct. Pokemon Trainer's pokemon DO have weaknesses as follows: Charizard - Weak against Water. Ivysaur - Weak against Fire. Squirtle - Weak against grass.

So, Lucas's thunder elements aren't terribly useful, but still kinda cool, I think.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Agreed. Just might be good to edit the thread so people don't get misinformed.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Tyr: I was just about to do that. Thanks for helping test and setting me straight, by the way.

Fredd said:
I don`t know if this relates to this topic or not, (it probably doesn`t), but what is "PK"?
I've always thought of PK as a shorthand for psychokinesis, which literally means "mind moving." That is, affecting the world around you with psychic powers, especially in using your mind to cause things to move. It's also called telekinesis. In the case of PK Fire, it could also stand for pyrokinesis, or "fire-moving."

PsychoKinetic (PyroKinetic) Fire = PK Fire
PsychoKinetic Freeze = PK Freeze
Etc.

Though in the US version of EarthBound, they called them "PSI Fire," "PSI Freeze," and so forth.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
so squirtles wekness is debunked. My pk flash always seemedto do an instant kill on him though. but as for pk and electric poweres, does the stickers differentiate between the two. Pk flash is lightning, but there are separate stickers for pk powers and lightning powers. so, what's up?

Top Bottom