• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The singing wonder...improved?

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Jigglypuff is improved In Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Improvements are evident in Jigglypuff's aerial forward A. Jiggly's air game is buffed up for Brawl in my opinion, as the former-stated improvement is just one of many. What are your opinions on Jiggypuff's game in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Baconater

Smash Cadet
nerfed major. Pounds been nerfed. Rest has been nerfed. Range on all moves is nerfed. And no more Crown. I hope this is just inexperience talking because I want my Jiggernaut

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I agree with the guys above. Nerfed.
She just doesn't feel right anymore. The best way I know to explain it is that she feels slippery in the air.

Edit: I now officially take that back. Like Sheik, I just had to make some adjustments to the new Jiggs.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Well.. i wouldn't quite say nerfed... its just harder to gay people off the stage b/c of auto ledge grabbing.. and infinite airdodges... so i wouldn't nessesarily say that Jiggs was nerfed.. but that the physics of the game changed... to not benifit Jiggs like the old mechanics did.. mainly though Nair is much better at gaying people off the stage in contrast to Bair/Fair like it used to be...

Good Day Sir.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Wario is much more popular for ruling the air.
Jigglypuff is actually the least popular character on the forums. Do you know anyone who mains Jiggernaught?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I play her for fun, but she seems not as good in this game. If they kept the old rest, that would have been awesome. And the blue bow.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's easier now to constantly b air or f air them off the stage until you kill them off the side. Thats one of my ways of killing. Foward Smashes are better now and are killing moves. Pound didn't get nerfed you can still recover with it and now you can get a rest just by powersheilding their attack.

I T I

Smash Apprentice
1. Repitition of moves was hugely nerfed - Jiggs needs to use her bair/fair a lot.
2. Edgeguarding has been made next to impossible for most characters - This composed at least half of Jiggs' game.
3. Comboing was removed. Jiggs needs to combo.

What could she conceivably have now that would make her better than any other character?

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
My only grief with new jiggs is the retooled Rest. I just gotta get used to it not being a primary kill move. Sure it hits them straight up, and doesnt knock em as far, but it DoTs them AND she wakes up 1 second faster. And it can be water-cancelled. (Pirate Ship counterpick much?)

Rollout is better. Her aerials are still good. Smashes hit pretty hard now. Multi-airdodge mindgames...

and her chargeup animation for the downsmash is amazing. its like a taunt that kills.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
Edgeguarding is more difficult (with anyone) which was the main thing that made her good in melee

reduced damage hurts her alot since fair and bair are her primary moves

fair and forward smash are the only KO moves at reasonably low percents

puff punch is worse because it doesn't make enemy go behind you

the rest is hardly worth using because the punishment doesn't even come close to the potential reward

jiggly puff is CONSIDERABLY worse in brawl than in melee

lol @ people thinking rollout is good

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff is actually the least popular character on the forums. Do you know anyone who mains Jiggernaught?
I thought maybe Yoshi or DK were the least popular on the forums...
Although it seems a lot of Jiggs mains switched to other characters, but still the DK forum has like 12 posts(exaggerating obviously, and it's not like this forum sees many posts either, even less than the DK one). And considering secret character forums have only been up for a short while, that may change with time.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think reducing Jigglypuff's attack power isn't all that bad. It lets you combo them off the side of the screen with constant b airs or f airs which I think is great. Its a lot easier to rest in this game because you just have to powershiled which is also very easy and it can work on anyone. I think out everybody here Its going to be me that is going to try the hardest to rep jigglypuff as a good character in Brawl. If my dumb capture card word work then I would put some videos up.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
I feel she is even more acrobatic in this game, almost necessary. She seems so slow on the ground, but to compensate her grounded attacks are usually her KO moves.

Overall, the general change is that you can't play her the same way as Melee since Pound isn't setup for WoP anymore. That's about all I can see aside from requiring more % for Rest to KO. But everyone is KOed at higher %s in Brawl anyway.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Wario fails in the air. If not Jiggs, I'd say Squirtle owns the air.
And I main Jigglypuff. X_X

and her chargeup animation for the downsmash is amazing. its like a taunt that kills.
This! :)
I thought maybe Yoshi or DK were the least popular on the forums...
Although it seems a lot of Jiggs mains switched to other characters, but still the DK forum has like 12 posts(exaggerating obviously, and it's not like this forum sees many posts either, even less than the DK one). And considering secret character forums have only been up for a short while, that may change with time.
I'm pretty sure Yoshi's least popular, but DK could be too...
Anyway, I think Jiggs is improved on the ground and slightly nerfed in the air. Nothing big.
And I still main her, it's just she's my third main now, as opposed to my second main in Melee.

EB08

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
Earthbound, how can you say that she is "nerfed slightly in the air, nothing big" seriously? In melee she could fight on par with any of the best characters in the game whereas in brawl she gets KO'ed ridiculously easily, is unable to combo well (like everyone else), and can get camped all day long by projectiles. Also, the general speed of the game makes jigglypuff at a relative disadvantage because she is relatively predictable. Furthermore, the inability to L-cancel allows someone to shield an aerial with impunity.

Jigglypuff is nerfed into the ground.

EDIT: and the inability to wavedash or even dash well hurts her significantly on the ground. Also her up-smash is relatively useless against a decent player and her down-smash seems to be slower.

w!ld ch!ld

Smash Cadet
i played jiggs in melee and loved every second of it, it was awesome to me she feels worse and different my second was marth in melee so i main marth now but i haven't completly givin up on jiggs i still like her in stuff and i'm going to try to play her but for now i'm mourning

Top Bottom