• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The single biggest disappointment in Brawl is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
...the complete and total lack of Super Mario Galaxy stuff.

Maybe I could have understood if it came out Dec 3rd (actually, no, it still would have been unexplainable) but with the two delays...they had PLENTY of time to put it at least an AT and some music...and I'm sure it couldn't have been too hard to put in a stage.

And don't tell me that "Oh they were developed at the same time LOL" crap, I mean, Nintendo definitely could have just showed Sakurai some of the music and one of the galaxies for a stage, even if SMG wasn't done.

Seriously a crime....SMG is perhaps the finest game this generation.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I remember people saying there was a Rosalina AT in brawl... I don't know what ever happened... (note this was during the demos at whobby)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Tell me how it works then.
It just doesn't take like three hours to make a stage, ATs, or music you know.

And contrary to popular belief here, the developers didn't developed the game 24/7. They had lives, family, and other games to work on.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Would you like me to explain that Galaxy hadn't been released yet throughout the majority of the development time of Super Smash Bros Brawl? Or do you think you can handle these mysteries yourself?

Tazoku

Smash Rookie
I think that the most dissapointing thig is having only 5 levels for target test. I loved having one for every char. Sure not you can have 5 records for each char. But having levels talior made for its char In my opinion was much better.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
The biggest disappointment was no Master Chief even though i knew it wasn't happening but still.

Anyways, yea the need for Galaxy representation was great, i wish they had some.

I would have vommited if MasterChief miracuously made it in. :laugh:

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
Would you like me to explain that Galaxy hadn't been released yet throughout the majority of the development time of Super Smash Bros Brawl? Or do you think you can handle these mysteries yourself?
Yes, Galaxy hadn't been released, but it was being developed.

Surely it couldn't have been too hard for Nintendo to show them a part of the game that WAS finished, during the development time? Perhaps in June or such? I mean, they put Roy in SSBM, and SSBM came out BEFORE Roy's game.

It just doesn't take like three hours to make a stage, ATs, or music you know.

And contrary to popular belief here, the developers didn't developed the game 24/7. They had lives, family, and other games to work on.
Well yeah, a stage would take a while, but they could have done what I said above. An AT might take a week or so but still doable.

And music, well, actually, yeah, it probably would only take about 3 hours to take some existing music files and put them into the music folder for SSBB.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
The only disappointment is when Little Mac was revealed as an Assist Trophy.

Xyn

Smash Cadet
the biggest disappointment is that Lyn isn't a playable char

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
She was never in in the first place.
Something that was taken as truth a couple of months ago, is now rendered a lie, because?
Obviously, Onyx didn't make it in either.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'd disagree. For me, the single biggest disappointment of Brawl is Ganondorf still being a clone. A close second is Mewtwo's removal. Lack of Galaxy content barely rates "vaguely disappointed" to me. We got plenty of other great Mario content anyway - hell, Mario has more stages, music, and ATs than any other single series as-is. There was no need for more.

Edit: On Rosalina, most likely she was simply never in. We never got any images or videos of her, just a few unverified reports. Now that the game is out we not only do not have her, but have no evidence of her in the ripped files from the game, unlike other removed content (such as the Ridley AT, for instance). Theres simply no hard evidence to suggest she was ever there at all.

Zevox

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
It would have been great, but it's nothing to be really disappointed over. We have A LOT more stages than we had in Melee.

=S-A=

The biggest disappointment was that not one of these characters made it in. Not that I'm not happy with the roster. (Bomberman, Geno, King K. Rool, Ridley, Megaman, Sora, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, Ray MKII, Sukapon, Mii, Claus, Krystal.)

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
...the complete and total lack of Super Mario Galaxy stuff.

Maybe I could have understood if it came out Dec 3rd (actually, no, it still would have been unexplainable) but with the two delays...they had PLENTY of time to put it at least an AT and some music...and I'm sure it couldn't have been too hard to put in a stage.

And don't tell me that "Oh they were developed at the same time LOL" crap, I mean, Nintendo definitely could have just showed Sakurai some of the music and one of the galaxies for a stage, even if SMG wasn't done.

Seriously a crime....SMG is perhaps the finest game this generation.
Use the stage builder, LOL!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure that the "biggest disappointment" is an opinion.

While SMG stuff would be nice, I think my biggest disappointment is that Lyn isn't playable. "At least she is in the game"?

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Tell me how it works then.
He means that you are attempting to equate delays and such with the ability to introduce SMG material, which is a thing you can't do without insider information of development for the last few months. Anything else is pure speculation without any legitimate reasoning.

Rsflone

Smash Cadet
to be against u SMG got the best representation the game could Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach play huge roles in SMG! Lol

But seriously has anyone noticed SSB has ben behind in games time I mean Metroid Prime 1? Super Mario Sunshine? Pikmin? Fire Emblem Path of Radience? Those are all ancient GCN games there lucky they got Twighlight Princess in and the Characters are never new guys to nintendo even the "Newcomers" have all been around the block or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom