• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The smartest computer

Veng

Smash Ace
Okay one might think Meta Knight would be the smartest computer, but hes only good because people KO with up-b, use tilts, edge guard the crap out of you... etc all things that a computer doesnt do.

So I was curious on who the smartest CPU would be, I wanna see if I can win this ( yes its online so I dont care ) doubles tournament with a computer on my team, but im trying to figure out who would be the smartest.

So far I thought of Kirby because of the jump so it wont be a noob and fail at recovering/get edgeguarded, but then again CPU's wont WoP

Also just as a general sense... maybe no one cares... because I too know that computers fail, but I also dont have a partner anyways :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've encountered the smartest CPUs when I was playing against Luigi, Ice Climbers or Captain Olimar.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon!!!!!!!
(no but really the smartest cpu's from my experience are pikachu (if you want to work w/ thunder spam), luigi, wario)

seeing as spadefox also said luigi, I would go with luigi

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
please use the search function, this thread has been made multiple times.
I'll answer anyway,
I ran a test of cpu's vs cpus round robin, and luigi went 36-0(couldn't use sheik or induvudual pokemon) in it. Thus proving he is the best cpu.

Just for more info, olimar was second with 33-3
Mario and pikachu 3rd with 31-5
Last was Zamus with 1-35

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Do you still have the data for the Ice Climbers, BestNessn00b? Or could you pass me the whole list via PM or something? I'd be interested in that.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Sure i just have to get home to do it

Edit: actually ill reenter the results into my computer and make a thread in a the next couple days. I have to work now.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Luigi, I try to one man three luigis and it's impossible.

Usually using techs you can 3 man some character, but NO, not with Weegee you can't.

Eten

Smash Ace
Wow I'm surprised at the report of Luigi being so smart. Luigi was one of the worst in Melee because of how much he failed at recovery. He would green missile himself off the stage, and then spam the green missile to get back onto the stage and simply green missile repeatedly at the stage until he died.

What makes Luigi so good as a CPU in brawl?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I would say that pikachu is the only CPU that gives me any trouble at all but I still beat him.

Also try this:
3 CPU metaknights(same team) Friedly fire off
1 hmn captain falcon

I know I can't do this

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What makes Luigi so good as a CPU in brawl?
That's a really good question.
I think one part of that answer is that Luigi's aerial game has improved highly in Brawl, and since Brawl is more airborne than Melee, Luigi is in his element.
He's also pretty good in comboing, imo, and oddly enough hardly uses his Specials (what normally are what CPUs mostly rely on).

kr3wman

Smash Master
Luigi as a lvl 9 CPU can (And will) somehow perfect shield all your 3 hits from whatever jab sequence your character has and then F-smash you with an upward F-smash like it's nobody's business.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll say a computer Mr. Game & Watch and/or R.O.B. for me.

The easiest is Snake and/or Ganondorf.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Eh...Luigi?

Have fun trying to fight 3 Weegees on a team :/

Kingdrom

Smash Cadet
The Kirby characters of MK and DDD seem to be pretty stupid AI wise- if you use an attacking move near the edge, they will use up all their jumps staying in place and then use their up-B over you.

I don't think the AI are too much smarter in one character when compared to the other, they just go for the most powerful attacks able to pull off on the opponent. Some characters benefit more from perfect shielding.

Mario and Luigi are particularly good at recovering in comparison.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Luigi? Really? One time at the start of a match, Luigi just turned around, jumped off the edge, then tried to recover back but failed. -_-

Granted, it was at Port Town Aero Dive, but come on...

I would say Kirby. He's actually pretty hard for me for some reason...

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
G&W, Toon Link and to a lesser extent Pikachu are for sure to win the tourney, unless they battle at Mario Bros

Veng

Smash Ace
Holy crap Luigi is definitely best, so far hes done 2 Dair spikes and 3 up b super kills.

Im still in it, im in the semi finals right now.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
wow I thought I was gonna be the smart one by mentioning Luigi, but nearly everyone else here beat me to it :ohwell:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Luigi? Really? One time at the start of a match, Luigi just turned around, jumped off the edge, then tried to recover back but failed. -_-

Granted, it was at Port Town Aero Dive, but come on...
Just because it happened once that the AI had a moment of idiocy, it doesn't mean it's normally just as idiotic.

kr3wman

Smash Master
And beside, I probably saw all the characters CPUs suicide a moment or the other in Port Town Aero Drive.

Adapt

Smash Lord
please use the search function, this thread has been made multiple times.
I'll answer anyway,
I ran a test of cpu's vs cpus round robin, and luigi went 36-0(couldn't use sheik or induvudual pokemon) in it. Thus proving he is the best cpu.

Just for more info, olimar was second with 33-3
Mario and pikachu 3rd with 31-5
Last was Zamus with 1-35
how long did that take? That's 630 matches, at 4 minutes for a match that's 42 hours!

and I'm sure some matches took longer than 4 mins

Top Bottom