• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
While I appreciate the Mewtwo update, which is a great way to keep the revived MEWTWO HYPE TRAIN running, I'm personally more partial to the work you guys did with the Project M model. Preferences aside, I still applaud you guys releasing an option for people who want a Mewtwo with an appearance that better resembles his look in the actual Pokemon games, but it's just... something about those hips and torso....

EDIT: Do you guys still have the Periwinkletwo textures and CSPs/BPs for the classic Mewtwo model? I never got a chance to download them when they were first released; I really liked that recolor :D

Last edited:

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
While I appreciate the Mewtwo update, which is a great way to keep the revived MEWTWO HYPE TRAIN running, I'm personally more partial to the work you guys did with the Project M model. Preferences aside, I still applaud you guys releasing an option for people who want a Mewtwo with an appearance that better resembles his look in the actual Pokemon games, but it's just... something about those hips and torso....
Agreed. I really like the way Mewtwo looks in the games, manga, and anime but it's something about those thighs that is throwing me off in PM. I might just go back to the Melee styled Mewtwo which is a shame because like I said, I like the Pokemon Game Mewtwo more...

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace

EDIT: Do you guys still have the Periwinkletwo textures and CSPs/BPs for the classic Mewtwo model? I never got a chance to download them when they were first released; I really liked that recolor :D
Perwinkletwo is still available in the old download, don't worry! We thought people might like the more Melee look of the P:M model, so we've kept that around on the Vault. You can find the entry here.

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
I think the new Mewtwo looks odd because of the PSA, not the model, the original Mewtwo seems to have a lower stance, but the new one needs to stand higher because of its legs shape, in anime/movies, Mewtwo stands on its "toes", so I think that this model needs new animations to look properly... but since Smash 3's goal isn't PSA nor model edition (mostly) so all of their work can be WiFi safe, guess someone else could think about a proper PSA for the new Mewtwo and upload it to the Vault (and I believe Nintendo will update most of its animations from Melee in SSB4, when they release it).

Liked the new model. Downloaded and installed it, no stage bugs to report (until now, at least), BTW :)

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
At this point, I feel like you are posting energy cards to screw with us.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
so far all the energy cards are types of pokemon in smash bros. that are not in smash 3 yet:

Water: Squirtle

Electric: Pichu

Grass: Ivysaur

Fire: Charizard

Dark: Greninja

Psychic: IDK

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Perwinkletwo is still available in the old download, don't worry! We thought people might like the more Melee look of the P:M model, so we've kept that around on the Vault. You can find the entry here.
Not to be a bother or anything, but the DL link only has the 5 original recolors and the 2 armored ones, no Periwinkletwo or the other additional colors.

Also, what does this all mean, if it means anything to begin with?

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
That awkward moment when you're preparing a surprise update, then you watch the Nintendo Direct and see the exact character looking exactly like you were making him...
Anyway, the Mewtwo update no one saw coming! Within the same 24 hours as Mewtwo's Smash 4 reveal, which was a complete fluke.
Old Mewtwo is still available on the Vault if you still really want it for whatever reason.

I reaaaaallly like the new look you gave Mewtwo, but the only problem imo is how far the thighs protrude out from his body. You can see what I mean in your two renders: his normal render looks incredible since you can't really see the thighs coming far out towards you, but in his armored render (the one that takes a front-view of the model) his thighs look enormous and very off-putting. This also exaggerates the animation differences that someone else addressed. I just thought I'd give some feedback on the new model, though that is literally the one thing I would change. Overall, great work and I like the direction you took with shrinking his fat head :p

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
What do the numbers energy cards mean? Is this leading to something? Did I piss you off (sorry about that; guess some of you forgot I was part of the Smash 3 Team)? Were they posted in a specific order? Yes! Yes they were!

Big thanks to our mass renderer, Codex, for helping me with this side project. Couldn't have gotten this out without him.

Since there are so many renders this one deserves a gallery.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Oooooh so that what it was! These look amazing, splendid job guys!

And...
That Umbreon!
And that Espeon!

Makes me wanna play Pokemon Colloseum again!

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't exist, I was just lucky someone made a fanmade ice energy card. I figured someone might have noticed something was off, but I was expecting it to be earlier. Note how it looks vastly different from the rest.

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
What do the numbers energy cards mean? Is this leading to something? Did I piss you off (sorry about that; guess some of you forgot I was part of the Smash 3 Team)? Were they posted in a specific order? Yes! Yes they were!

Big thanks to our mass renderer, Codex, for helping me with this side project. Couldn't have gotten this out without him.

Since there are so many renders this one deserves a gallery.
Oh my guudness, if you could upscale some of those eye textures this would be perfect in every way. May I ask, fine sir, where you got those models? I'm assuming they're X and Y models, but they aren't over on models resource I don't think. I'd really like to see what I can do with some of these.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Holy smokes, whats with the Eeveelutions renders? Theyre awesome, making an image of them together.
Wait, do you mean you're going to make and image of them together or "it's awesome you also made on of them together?"

Because that's already there in the gallery:

Oh my guudness, if you could upscale some of those eye textures this would be perfect in every way. May I ask, fine sir, where you got those models? I'm assuming they're X and Y models, but they aren't over on models resource I don't think. I'd really like to see what I can do with some of these.
By that point, I would have to completely redo the eyes; upsacaling them would be just as blurry as now. Also, the models are from PokéPark Wii with the exception of Sylveon which is obviously from X/Y.

Last edited:
Top Bottom