• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Any plans to give Olimar his whistle? It's a pretty minor detail if you ask me.

Keep up the great work! Your quality makes me HAVE to check this thread everyday :)

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
That's so awesome! Olimar looks sick! (Out of my comment's topic) I'm sorry but How can I download the additional and The Smash 3C Costumes? It was never mention and I'm a beginner on this kinda stuff and I don't know... ._.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
That's so awesome! Olimar looks sick! (Out of my comment's topic) I'm sorry but How can I download the additional and The Smash 3C Costumes? It was never mention and I'm a beginner on this kinda stuff and I don't know... ._.
To download the additional costumes as of now you just need to go to the first page and there should be individual links for the additional costumes so that you can download them. As for smash 3C although it is associated with smash 3 and shares similar goals it is technically a separate project with its own forum thread. You should be able to find their downloads on the first page of their thread as well. If you need anymore help on installing costumes in project m there should be a tutorial pinned at the top of the customized content page. Hope that helps

Taiko

Smash Ace

Day 2. For some reason, today the Pikmin are huge and hostile...I'm not sure what's gotten into them, but they are extremely aggressive. I may have to retreat to the ship and grab my whistle! Maybe it'll allow me to command them?

I may be able to command the Pikmin with

Day 3. The whistle did not allow me to command the large Pikmin...because they were not Pikmin at all! The Pikmin fought alongside me and triumphed over the large creature. It's amazing how much strength such little creatures have!

Any plans to give Olimar his whistle? It's a pretty minor detail if you ask me.

Keep up the great work! Your quality makes me HAVE to check this thread everyday :)
You skipped ahead in the story, shame on you!

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

Day 2. For some reason, today the Pikmin are huge and hostile...I'm not sure what's gotten into them, but they are extremely aggressive. I may have to retreat to the ship and grab my whistle! Maybe it'll allow me to command them?

Day 3. The whistle did not allow me to command the large Pikmin...because they were not Pikmin at all! The Pikmin fought alongside me and triumphed over the large creature. It's amazing how much strength such little creatures have!

Smash 3 Alph? :4alph: I would imagine that it would be quite difficult, but still pretty cool...

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Smash 3 Alph? :4alph: I would imagine that it would be quite difficult, but still pretty cool...
Even though I'm an Alph main, it wouldn't happen for Smash 3 because of a few things:
- The model, even using Olimar's as a base, would take a lot of work. Not only would we need to change a lot of things, we'd need to re-UV and change up the textures too.

- Despite being Alph, the announcer would still say "Olimar!"

So you guys are gonna get 10 Olimar's.

Hello Taiko and everyone else.. I wanted to contribute a bit to this project so I made stock images of your Sonic Costumes that don't have one. (NOTE: The Jet Set Studio one is kinda crappy)

Here ya go!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a79i5csz93u1xtq/AAA8X_vbADT1UaYg35gUyXeda?dl=0
Nice! The Smash 3C guys will probably get some use out of these.

would love to see what your take on ZSS would be
Spoilers: she doesn't look like any ZSS model currently released.

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Even though I'm an Alph main, it wouldn't happen for Smash 3 because of a few things:
- The model, even using Olimar's as a base, would take a lot of work. Not only would we need to change a lot of things, we'd need to re-UV and change up the textures too.

- Despite being Alph, the announcer would still say "Olimar!"

So you guys are gonna get 10 Olimar's.

Nice! The Smash 3C guys will probably get some use out of these.

Spoilers: she doesn't look like any ZSS model currently released.
Ten Olimars are just as appreciated, thank you.
I also had a suggestion. Has the Smash 3 Team ever looked towards this NEW Nintendo 3DS commercial for palette swap inspiration? I think everyone knows the one I'm talking about.
The star-embedded Samus is particularly interesting...

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I also had a suggestion. Has the Smash 3 Team ever looked towards this NEW Nintendo 3DS commercial for palette swap inspiration? I think everyone knows the one I'm talking about.
Ahh, this commercial was werid.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Ahh, this commercial was werid.
*weird
I absolutely love the fact that Kirby is depicted as a female here. /sarcasm

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I think that was a play on Kirby's copy ability in the same way Kirby can inhale Peach, wear her crown, but still be male. But c'mon. How much gender does Kirby really have, honestly?
Well, for one, Kirby only has the crown when he inhales Peach. Not Peach's eyelashes as well. It's like giving Kirby Mario's hat, his mustache, AND his shoes to tell people he inhaled Mario: the hat is more than enough.
If anything, they could have gave Kirby the outfit as is in the commercial, without the eyelashes, and it would have had the same effect. It's not an incredibly big deal, just a lot more silly than the commercial was.
Also, gender isn't measured. Either you're male or female. Kirby is 100% male, there's no "measurement."

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
You could not possibly be more wrong. You could try, but you would not succeed.
You're lucky this is a Smash thread and not a thread for gender discussion. If you strongly feel I am "wrong," I'd love to see some proof. Not some shallow attempt at an insult.

Taiko

Smash Ace
They should totally port goofy Polka Dot DK. It's so beautiful.
The UVs are crying at the thought...

Well, for one, Kirby only has the crown when he inhales Peach. Not Peach's eyelashes as well. It's like giving Kirby Mario's hat, his mustache, AND his shoes to tell people he inhaled Mario: the hat is more than enough.
If anything, they could have gave Kirby the outfit as is in the commercial, without the eyelashes, and it would have had the same effect. It's not an incredibly big deal, just a lot more silly than the commercial was.
Also, gender isn't measured. Either you're male or female. Kirby is 100% male, there's no "measurement."
Except the eyelashes are part of her appearance too, I think it reinforces the idea that it's a Kyari Kirby.

I heard a rumor that they might - just might - be working on their models from Pokémon X and Y, or at least Pikachu. I don't know if that was doable with Jigglypuff.
For reference as to what I'm talking about, look back at Mewtwo.
Rumour confirmed.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
@ Taiko Taiko , I am aware of the Kyari thing, but again, it's something I understand and I am merely nitpicky about, not something I truly despise.
Also, I apologize for potentially filling this thread with gender discussion. If there's anyone who wants to send me hate or enlighten me, especially @ TommoPuppy TommoPuppy , since insults are obviously the way to go, please PM me. Let's keep this thread clear of unrelated topics.

Last edited:

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
I think you can ask The Smash 3C to do these,EVEN THOUGH I LOVED THESE,I think you should just go to their thread and give em the idea. c: I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PIKACHU AND KIRBY LIKE THAT SA KAWAI SUGOI DESU :i6rkW::ness:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I think you can ask The Smash 3C to do these,EVEN THOUGH I LOVED THESE,I think you should just go to their thread and give em the idea. c: I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PIKACHU AND KIRBY LIKE THAT SA KAWAI SUGOI DESU :i6rkW::ness:
I know new clothing and such would be too much and slightly ridiculous for the Smash 3 Team to do. I was thinking more in the context of the palette swaps. However, it's probably a great idea to introduce this to them. A top hatted Toon Link has always been a guilty fantasy of mine. ^^'

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
I know new clothing and such would be too much and slightly ridiculous for the Smash 3 Team to do. I was thinking more in the context of the palette swaps. However, it's probably a great idea to introduce this to them. A top hatted Toon Link has always been a guilty fantasy of mine. ^^'
OMG MINES TOO! :D IKR? PLUS,LOOK AT THE PAYO SA FLUFFY,SO CUTE!!!! This will be a perfect suggestion for the Smash 3C thread,They'll probably the idea into concideration. BUT STILL LOOK AT THE PAYO SO FLUFFEEHHHHH!! :kirby::kirby::kirby:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Well, regarding Smash 3C doing those, most of them would require new models, and Smash 3C is mostly just taking existing models and Smash 3-izing them. Samus, however, is an exception, and more within the scope of S3C. But S3 Samus isn't out yet, so we cannot really make that yet. I'd say that right now, at least, this thread probably really is the better place for that suggestion. If the S3 team doesn't do that Samus, however, then I'm sure someone will take it up for S3C.

Just my two cents.

I do like that Samus a lot.

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet

Question: Are the colors of Ivysaur's leaves and eyes going to change later on to look like the Project M alternate?

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Well, regarding Smash 3C doing those, most of them would require new models, and Smash 3C is mostly just taking existing models and Smash 3-izing them. Samus, however, is an exception, and more within the scope of S3C. But S3 Samus isn't out yet, so we cannot really make that yet. I'd say that right now, at least, this thread probably really is the better place for that suggestion. If the S3 team doesn't do that Samus, however, then I'm sure someone will take it up for S3C.

Just my two cents.

I do like that Samus a lot.
We actually tried the Samus, when I said the UVs cry, I was serious. It looks fine with flat colours, but even then you can see how stretched it's getting:

EDIT: oh man I didn't realize how massive that screenshot was...

Now imagine the horrible process of figuring out what angle to rotate to and by how much to squish the stars by to get them to look not squished. Yeah, not fun. That and we'd need a ZSS alt too...

Question: Are the colors of Ivysaur's leaves and eyes going to change later on to look like the Project M alternate?
We'll be sticking by the official rules, so no.

Last edited:

AnimeRyoth

Smash Rookie
Well,Goodbye sugoi textures. :i6rkW: You'll be missed. But,Anyways,Please do what you wish,we are not forsing you to do them (Obviously).Just requesting them to see if it's possible.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738

I must say, Olimar looks fantastic.The little details in his Hocotate uniform are great, and the shininess of his helmet looks amazing. Where did you get that whistle?
Ivysaur also looks great. But I realize something. That's the Distant Planet as it appears in Brawl, not Project M. Where's the Pokémon Trainer? Are you hiding something from us?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I must say, Olimar looks fantastic.The little details in his Hocotate uniform are great, and the shininess of his helmet looks amazing. Where did you get that whistle?
Ivysaur also looks great. But I realize something. That's the Distant Planet as it appears in Brawl, not Project M. Where's the Pokémon Trainer? Are you hiding something from us?
I made it, you learn a few things when most of your team has retired. It was an easy model so it wasn't too bad. That, and Olimar actually has a ton of unused UV space. I'm curious, how many people have actually noticed the two-toned buttons?

Yeah, I prefer Brawl stages personally, I find them more interesting for screen taking. I just use P:M as a base for my Dolphin since it has expanded costume slots.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
It's the Ice Climbers' anniversary today! Enjoy a screen:

Since we'll have to cover for the potential of 10 alt costume slots, we've been coming up with a ton of extra palettes for these two.
This recolour is based off another popular NES game, Wrecking Crew.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
We have been getting a lot of previews lately! <3 thanks so much for quelling anticipation and amplifying the hype.

Also, I want Smash 3 in HD TT^TT laptop too crappy though.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
It's the Ice Climbers' anniversary today! Enjoy a screen:

Since we'll have to cover for the potential of 10 alt costume slots, we've been coming up with a ton of extra palettes for these two.
This recolour is based off another popular NES game, Wrecking Crew.
Damn son, whered you find this?

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Would it be crazy of me to ask for 20 alts (10 with popo leading and 10 with nana leading?)

Taiko

Smash Ace
Would it be crazy of me to ask for 20 alts (10 with popo leading and 10 with nana leading?)
Yes, because that's actually decided by what slot you put them in. 00 has Popo leading, 01 has Nana leading, and so on, even if it's the exact same file.

Also at a second glance I read that as "20 with Popo leading and 10 with Nana leading" and got really confused.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Yes, because that's actually decided by what slot you put them in. 00 has Popo leading, 01 has Nana leading, and so on, even if it's the exact same file.

Also at a second glance I read that as "20 with Popo leading and 10 with Nana leading" and got really confused.
...Huh. TIL.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman

Technically, couldn't you work around that by switching the two in the pac/pcs?

Top Bottom