• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
All BPs, CSPs, and Stocks are done. However, when I try using the gray hair on Toon Zelda's black costume, it crashes brawl-box. I'll work on fixing that, but for now, here's a comparison of the new CSP to the old one.
Old (Seriously what happened to the quality?)
The New One
Anyways, to sort of Wind Waker-ify (Is that a thing?) Toon Zelda, I'm working on a separate version with blue rim-lighting. I noticed in Wind Waker HD that there is a blue-ish tint on the edges of characters models. It's most noticeable on Link's hair.
It's dark, so the rim-light isn't very harsh. I'm using this as my edge -

This will be an added on option, the normal Smash 3 rim-lighting will still be available. I just wanted to know what you guys think.

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet
May anyone else confirm this?

Edit: I tried it both dolphin and wii, nothing bad to report.

Edit 2: are there other modifications made on jigs files, such as "fitpurin.pac" or the # of the .pac AND .pcs?
"Fitpurin.pac" is untouched. The only other skins I have in the "purin" folder are the Smash 3c skins.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Use a regular rimlight. WWHD only uses a blue rimlight because the entire game is blue. Doing the same in Brawl will look unnatural.

Finally finished! These have been remade from scratch not only to incorporate Smash 3 Pit's spec maps, but just to generally look better/more accurate!

Hade's hair has been updated, check the renders. I also included just Pit versions, where skin color hasn't been changed. Why anyone would want them, I don't know, but I made them anyway! Renders! Screenshots! Download!
I'm hoping you guys like them enough for them to warrant an "official" Smash 3C render, but if not, I've got you guys covered with my own renders, so its all good! :colorful:

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Finally finished! These have been remade from scratch not only to incorporate Smash 3 Pit's spec maps, but just to generally look better/more accurate!

Hade's hair has been updated, check the renders. I also included just Pit versions, where skin color hasn't been changed. Why anyone would want them, I don't know, but I made them anyway! Renders! Screenshots! Download!
I'm hoping you guys like them enough for them to warrant an "official" Smash 3C render, but if not, I've got you guys covered with my own renders, so its all good! :colorful:
Wooooo!

DekZek

Smash Journeyman

1. Looks like I have something to do after E3 at least...

2. Isn't Dark Pit supposed to have a Silver Bow?

Edit:

Why are there more textures on this one than on PM Pit? Half of the files in this have no equivalent on PM Pit.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Why are there more textures on this one than on PM Pit? Half of the files in this have no equivalent on PM Pit.
He is using the New Smash 3 Pit model. If you still want to use the Brawl model we have a custom 3C skin for him too.
For some reason, scrolling :jigglypuff: at the selection screen causes crash, I dunno what I did, but, it only happens with it
We also dunno what you did, but It's not likely a fault on our end; it works on our WIIs and on Dolphin so you must have screwed up her CSS protraits (are those compressed with the CMPR if you are using Project M or CI8 if you are using Brawl?) or the codes for the CSS, maybe you screwed up with the ASL tool.

Last edited:

OscarJerico

Smash Rookie
We also dunno what you did, but It's not likely a fault on our end; it works on our WIIs and on Dolphin so you must have screwed up her CSS protraits (are those compressed with the CMPR if you are using Project M or CI8 if you are using Brawl?) or the codes for the CSS, maybe you screwed up with the ASL tool.
I did everything right to put the CSS files and stuff, but, when I select Jiggs, it somehow crashes (I used Brawl Costume Manager)

Edit: I'm using Project M

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Time to get this moon language out of the thread, because the only language I speak today is Melee Fox. He has been updated with sexy new textures, his main texture is doubled in size, he has new specs, and has a brand new render to go along with everything. Check it out - I'll bet he's totally shooting some guy!! (but who shot first?) Ten colors are included, as well as a gray-jacket version of his default outfit.

Pictures:

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Not to steal the love from Fax but if I were to make a recolor pack for a certain other animal, would someone be willing to make renders and such?

It's 11 recolors for MGS1 Snake, using the body texture from the normal Snake recolors.

Last edited:

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice

That Hades Recolor looks amazing.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
The pack's pretty much ready, just wanted some last double checks on the CSPs. Do these look alright? I tried to make them all consistent.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
The pack's pretty much ready, just wanted some last double checks on the CSPs. Do these look alright? I tried to make them all consistent.
They look pretty good, but you left some of his mullet in the back, and part of the bandana, as well as part of his right arm, remains gray.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice

He may say he's no hero, but he's got the outfits of one. 12 outfits, actually, all inspired by the MGS 1 Alt by AlGeorgeRomo from the S3 Solid Snake pack by ledgerewskie, Taiko, Codex-9, the101, Aghanim, PizzaDog and hey, there might even be (there is) a MPO inspired alt with thanks to DrPanda! Not feeling cold? Good news, you don't need to wear that vest after all! And hey! That bandanna gives you infinite ammo! (disclaimer: does not include infinite clip or remove mine restrictions)

Pick it up here! or Feast your eyes on my horrible camera work.

*proceeds to hope nothing messed up*

Layell

Smash Journeyman

Dun dun dunn dun da dun dun dun daaa dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn.... dun!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Calling Kraid from Brinstar Depths
It's a bit too late for Kraid, Samus brutally murdered the giant green monster and stole his upgrade... it was a brand new Varia Suit!

A small but important change brings Brawl Samus in a sleek new outfit, protecting her from the heat, and keeping her cool like never before. I have also modified colours of a few costumes to better match the current design choices. Feel free to use this, or the original, I won't mind!

Pictures

RIP Kraid, he never seemed to have the ability to come back to life quite like Ridley did.

Totally not cheating and saying Brawl Samus V2
This is what I get for not having my post ready at the same time as my Brawl Vault entry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom