• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
With Brawl being moved back another month that means I have one more month to save for a Wii whcih means my chances of making it to pound are looking pretty good.

What's going on with housing for tsa, and would I be able to be included. And what day/time would we be leaving and returning so I know if I need to take any days off work.

Also, I might be able to drive to pound if we need the extra car.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey,

I will be possibly, though most likely I will, entering the TOS tournament Jan 26. I am thinking of going to PA that Friday and staying until late Saturday/Early Sunday. If any TSA PA member can take me and possibly Starzonedge, and one more that may be Crismas for 2 nights please let us know. If I cannot be housed 2 nights I will settle for one night being as Friday is not that major but I would like to hang out first before the tournament.

Let me know.

My cell 646 842 0950

Hope to hear from someone as I wanna plan ahead.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
this thread is mad dead right now... wuts goin on we need to get it in gear asap. pound is comin and its comin fast. look that whole third person in command should definitely be emblem lord and we should hold a meeting soon to sort out our final plans for pound. things like ride situations and where every1 is staying. so if anyone has the space/time to hold a meeting i think that would b a smart choice...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I am unable to make it to Pound and any other OOS overnight tourney due to parents but I agree there should be a meeting soon. Since Pound is the weekend after this one then the meeting should be on Sunday. Thing is we need a place.

How's a meeting on Sunday sound? Emblem Lord, do you think it could be at your mother's place again?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
As I told Sneak, Crismas can have the meeting at her place. She lives in Jersey City but has a nice open space for the meeting PLUS good italian food :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
As I told Sneak, Crismas can have the meeting at her place. She lives in Jersey City but has a nice open space for the meeting PLUS good italian food :)
This sounds like a good idea but I know the original meeting place would probably be more convenient since people have been there before. Lets see what people say. Oh, alot of people are moving back into their dorms. Don't know if that'll be a problem :/

Here's the thread I made for the Rutgers tournament on Friday the 25th:

Rutgers Tournament January 25th
Link for Rutgers Tourney fixed.

CopyCat

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, finally after two days of trying to get on smash boards (man it's slow) I'm finally on. The meeting will be held at Crismas's house for Sunday if thats good with her. I would just need a conformation from Crismas and an address posted before Friday thank you.

TSA, just so you guys know this is a very important meeting before Pound 3. If you can not come please post some ideas or question to me, but it must be really important details because school is about to start for me so I maybe busy.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hey guys, I just need to confirm it with my mom that you guys come over. And I'll also need a number of how many are coming just because I've never done anything like this and I want her to know so she's not surprised XD;;

Also at this meeting, are rides being established?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
WTF^^^^^

I think you are in the wrong thread buddy.

Anyway, I have work on Sunday's so I can't make the meeting on Thursday, sorry about that guys. But I'll take to you later CopyCat about what's going down. Although actually we already talked earlier, but I'll do so again just to re-confirm and so we can be on the same page.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i actually think we need to hammer out the pound3 stuff before a potential sunday meeting unless there's housing already lined up

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
If there is a meeting tomorrow, I'm not coming. I've spent 3/4 of Friday and all of Saturday playing smash. I need to SLEEP and enjoy doing nothing.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I work 12 to 8 on Sundays.

So definitely no meeting at my place on Sunday.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I do.

I accidently took home one of Scar's controllers, but if he doesn't mind, I can lend it to you if we can remember to give it back to him at Pound.

Right, so let me just post some of Pound things that I talked about with Copycat.

We're going in two cars: Doyoung and Copycat will be driving.

So far, Copycat is going to be taking Sneak and Mog. That leaves myself and Do with the van, which can fit about 4 or 5 more.

We've got Sensei, Pocky, Crismas, and Raptorhawk. Please confirm if you're coming with us, or tell us if you want to come with us should you not be on this list. Doyoung should give a post about how much he'll charge for gas.

I also wanted to have plans to stay in Philly Friday night (if that's all right with our PA Branch), then at a hotel Saturday night. The hotel costs $68 a night, and Copy's car will also stay with us there, so we can have about a total of 8 or 9 people staying in the hotel. Please confirm sometime this week so I can call and make those reservations.

Bring some money for food as well, and everything should be fine.

Any questions? Let's get it going - this is the last time I'm making a trip like this for awhile, after all!

pockyD

Smash Legend
sounds fine

i'd like to get to philly at a decent time if possible though (don't want to get going past midnight like FC - can we go not too long after dinner or something?)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I wanted to go to Philly around that time as well, only because there's someone I've been meaning to see that's moved to Norristown, and I wanted to spend some time with said person before the trip.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
It's 200 miles from my school to the venue with a slight detour for Philadelphia. Round trip makes that 400 and I get about 23 mpg so thats 17.4 gallons. The current going rate of gas in the area is 2.85 so give or take 50 dollars. If 5 people ride, thats 10 dollars a person.

Let me know if you see any mistakes.

Edit:
Also, for people like Sensei and Woz who are just trying to get to the carpooling destination, there is a small chance that you can get a parking ticket on the school campus so if you are able to get here with CopyCat or public transportation, it is recommended. Otherwise, try to carpool so we don't have 5 cars here. It should be fine but just to be safe.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
I didn't register. =/

Edit: Sensei randomly called me at 1am and told me that registration is still open.....wtf sensei who calls at 1 am......your lucky im usually awake at this time lol.......anyway i will probably be registering soon....i will update when i do.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Top Bottom