• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Brothers 10th Anniversary releases on 4K and DVD on May 12th

thesmashbrothers.png

On October 2013, an entire Documentary about the competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee scene was released. The documentary highlighted many top Smashers, including Ken, KoreanDJ, Mew2King, and Mang0. To celebrate the 10th year Anniversary, EastPointProductions announced the release of The Smash Brothers as a 4K re-release on Vimeo and DVD physical copy. The soundtrack, with some new tracks by Garrett Williamson, will be available on Spotify.

EastPointProductions founder, Samox, made an official statement about the doc,

"I hope that this 10 year anniversary can be a re-commitment to the things I always saw in this community that made me optimistic in it's trajectory:

That anyone can be a smasher

And that a smasher is someone you'd want to be"
The Smash Brothers: Original Cut
is available on YouTube now and will be available to purchase on DVD on May 12th. The new 4K cut will be available on Vimeo. The original soundtrack will be available on Spotify.

Author's Note: While I'm less involved in the scene these days, I'm always inspired by Samox's dedication to quality and passion for the community. I really hope this reignites some positivity from all Smashers in the scene! What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Top Bottom