• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Varist

Smash Lord
omg when the isai part came on i thought it was going to start clipping and synching with the music and i ****ed myself.

masterful editing is what will truly make this documentary

Anth0ny

Smash Master
#3. Personalities. So many of them. I met the outgoing smasher, the loudmouth smasher, the deadbeat smasher, the dashing smasher (surprisingly common) and my personal favorite (one close to heart) the introverted, awkward smasher. You guys should never stop being yourselves.
<3<3<3

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Just curious the trailer has
Isai
Azen
Ken
Pc
M2k
KoreanDj
Mango

But it's an 8 part series with each episode talking about one main player. Now there was only 7 In the new update trailer and I watched the pilot episode and if I remember right you mention chillin and captain jack in that or epsiode... I think lol so I'm just asking who's the 8th and why weren't they in that update

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Screaming like a little girl about the isai interview. You must be crazy good with people to have gotten him to agree with that.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
This was really entertaining but it's the editing that needs some work. Not to say that it isn't already good but some parts seemed cheap, no offense. However your shot composition, which I would consider is part of your editing since you probably didn't film this all yourself(or did you?), was ****ing amazing. You did some really creative stuff with it and I'd enjoy to see more and will donate in a week or so. If your using a budget to get you places where the smashers are that's cool cause some recent stuff will be really awesome.

Mastermooseman

Smash Cadet
An Awesome 3 hour interview? I thought he would flail his arms around in the chair,pretend to forget how to talk, and leave once again to the futon

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
just realized this.. why is the intro to all the smash bros documentary update vids, of people playing brawl? i thought this was a melee documentary. lol.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Hey samox I know the Midwest scene isn't as prolific as the coasts, but we're having a pretty big tournament at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on March 10. It's part of the long-running Show Me Your Moves series. It'd be great to see you at SMYM 13 shooting footage; we're trying to get Darkrain to come down (he won SMYM 12 last year and has been at every SMYM so far if I'm correct) so you might even be able to get an interview or something.

voorhese

Smash Master
Yeah what ppv said, I went to smym10 and we had mango,scar,jman,m2k there also. Also Ckit may be there, whether or not he enters is always a question, but i'm sure if you wanted an insightful interview he would be down possibly, i will talk to him.

Scar

#HarveyDent
this was somewhat entertaining but it seems like none of the actors have any idea what they're talking about

Scar

#HarveyDent
why? was it already recorded or something

i'm sure i'm not the first person to have given that feedback btw

Scar

#HarveyDent
agreed with the above. so my response to the videos is that the script needs to be improved and if you're going to use actors then they need to be much more educated about the subject matter. but maybe the first vid was just a sample or something, and actors won't at all be used in the finished product, in which case i suppose it doesn't matter.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
agreed with the above. so my response to the videos is that the script needs to be improved and if you're going to use actors then they need to be much more educated about the subject matter. but maybe the first vid was just a sample or something, and actors won't at all be used in the finished product, in which case i suppose it doesn't matter.
The first video was indeed a sample; more of a pitch video than anything to get people to understand what he was going for so they might be compelled to help him out with the fundraiser, if I understand correctly.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, it's for real interviews with peeps from now on.

Example: 3 hour isai interview. WOWZ.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ah, i see. sounds cool. the only thing for me was, if the motivation for me to contribute is that it will help the community, i want the community to have a rather large say in what's going to be put forth... MBR involvement is a requisite before i contribute.

Scar

#HarveyDent
well i'm sure that plenty of people approve of the doc, and i'll certainly watch it after it comes out, but i wouldn't contribute to it unless i knew roughly what the storyboard was, the full details of the business plan (why do 4 people need to fly out each time???), if it's going to be advertised, etc... basically close collaboration with the community either through the boards or the MBR.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Scar did you watch all of his videos?
he has several updates and in some he discusses what the money is being used for

+ all of his posts in this thread

Top Bottom