• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smashboards Mentoring Program!

KratosG

Smash Rookie
Hey, long time smasher, short time wavedasher, trying to break the barrier from casual to competitive gameplay. I've only been playing melee and I'm the most comfortable with Falco, Marth, Falcon, and Jiggs, in roughly that order. I would really appreciate a mentor to help me get better at any of these characters, as well as spacing, execution, and just better at melee in general. PM me if you'd like to help. :)

BlackSoL

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've been playing sheik competitively for a while and i think I could help people out. (Brawl that is) I would be glad to apply for a mentor position.

TicTic

Smash Rookie
Are there any Project M mentors? If there are any that play Wolf, Ike, or Mario that could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Just following the rules listed in the OP here. Sunnysunny is unresponsive. D:

Edit: Nevermind! It just took a little bit is all. xD She has responded. The mentoring shall begin! :3

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Hey.... I'm looking for a Falcon/MK mentor. I may or may not be talking about the original SSB.
Fun Fact! MK wasn't in SSB, or Melee, only Brawl! :D
I'm basically looking for anyone who can just get me pointed in the right direction, [towards competitive Brawling] and help me overcome my [many] flaws.
Holy crap, I just defined a mentor.... genius!
Me, the genius. ------> :crazy:

Trace

Smash Rookie
Hi my ign is Trace I am new here. I play captain falcon on project M. I'm a long time viewer of smash but only played casually once and a while (i have no friends to play with). I decided to pick it up and learn after seeing project m played at apex 2014. So far i can L-cancel, wavedash and moonwalk decently, i learn pretty quickly... I just need someone better than me to mentor me and practice with so i can improve and learn more :).

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Hey, I posted a mentor request for Brawl a while ago, but as of late, I've become interested in Project M. I feel that I'm decent, I can take down a level nine CPU with little trouble, with at least one-two stock left. I just need someone to train with who's better than me. My Skype's dannyC1928.

Thanks!
BladerDaBrawler

B Rod

Smash Rookie
In need of a Project M mentor, preferably for Olimar or Bowser. If anyone would like to help we can exchange details. Who knows you could even learn something from me!.. probably not but yea, any help is appreciated.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
@ GoldHazard GoldHazard
You're right in that the mentor list is rather out of date, many of the volunteers have stopped being active without any mention of their leave. Sorry about that.

I'll be willing to step in as ~the~ melee mentor, since nobody else seems to be active. Anyone can feel free to PM me, and we can talk.

(I don't play Brawl though, so if you need help with Brawl I could only help you with basics and fundamentals and help you find resources that aren't me.)

@ BladerDaBrawler BladerDaBrawler
There aren't really P:M mentors, since P:M is just mod of Brawl and acts as a weird fusion game, while the metagame is also still far from developed. Learning the basics of the other games, particularly melee and brawl, will ultimately help you play P:M well.

ZexM

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone. I've been playing for a long time, but really would like to amp my skills. I'm not looking for any character in particular. I really want to get my fundamentals and advanced techniques for Melee down packed before anything. I main Marth, Peach and Pikachu (in that order) and I feel that if I just learn how to control the game better I can learn how to control them better as well. If there is anyone who would be willing to help me/ mentor me if would be much appreciate. Thank you.

Jazzy

Smash Rookie
Hello! I want to learn as much as I can about how to play every character that will be in Smash 4, as well as how to play competitively in general. I'm casual and have a lot to learn, so I'd really love to have a mentor. I somehow doubt anyone will see this, but if you consider yourself competitive and want to teach me things, please PM me! I have Brawl for the time being.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Even though I'm new to this site, I could step in as a mentor to some extent, specifically Brawl now since I had my Wii unplugged in order for my Wii U to be used.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I've been playing Smash since I was 5 and I am still a casual seeking to jump in competitively. Never was a decent competitive player, and I'd like to change all that before Smash 4 comes out on Wii U so I'll be at least average and have a good understanding of the series from now on. I understand some (but not all) terms like wavedashing, sweetspots, SHFFLs, Chain Grabbing, and other stuff.

I just need someone to point out my biggest weaknesses that I should work on in my spare time, works for all games. I don't have Dolphin though nor a Gamecube PC adapter, so we'll have to find another way until further notice.

64::dk64::yoshi64::pikachu64::mario64:

Melee:
:mewtwomelee::dkmelee::pikachumelee::yoshimelee::falcomelee::drmario:
Brawl:
:falco::diddy::pikachu2::ness2::olimar::sonic::dedede:
Project M:
:mewtwopm::ivysaur::squirtle::dk2::sonic::bowser2::pikachu2:

Top Bottom