• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
did you guys know you can perform a tilt while holding a nade?
drop the nade -> pick it up -> aim control stick to bottom or bottom left -> hit A

anyways,
question about teching. do i have to di towards the wall/ground i want to tech? do i press dodge slightly before i hit it, or as i hit it?
what are somethings i can tech? i read that i can throws like dthrows from mk and g&w, how is this done and what does it mean?
when I do a b-reverse, its flat i dont get that extra push to the right of the left, why is this how do i fix it?
Your momentum with snake has to be really in one direction like for example snake is in the air and he have his cypher going all the way to the right then B-Reversal the opposite way but if you was to cypher in the middle and try it you wont get no push.

and for the tilt with nade i know that dtilt works but when you say that do you also mean that he can ftilt or something else?Doubt it :(

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
I've seen people who were able to roll and drop a grenade at the same time while rolling. How is this done if I may ask?
unless if your talking about only the ground when snake is in the air and holding a nade he has zero landing lag and can roll right when he landes and drops the nade of course

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What's the first stage you'll strike from the stater stage list. Worst neutral.

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
What's the first stage you'll strike from the stater stage list. Worst neutral.
It depends on the player's playstyle with snake but im going to assume that the snake is defensive like most snakes and say strike bf 1st the ps1.

-Ran

Smash Master
It all depends on the character.

The more powerful their camp game, the more likely I'll strike FD first.
The more aerial movement they have, the more I'll likely strike Smashville.
The more combo-e they are, the more likely I'll strike battlefield.
The only time I strike Pokemon first is if I feel that the temporary walls will help their character, or if I feel I need landmines in the match up.

I mostly leave Yoshi's Island alone, since I find that it does wonders against aerial characters, has good spacing protection, and allows me to tech everything when I'm recovering. It also prevents scouraging. There aren't any characters aside from DK that gain anything from the stage either to my knowledge.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Scourging is a form planking where you glide under the stage back and forth w/o landing on the stage in order to avoid combat and time ppl out.

btw, .decoy I remember you making a post on the best way to get out of MK's tornado, mind refreshing my memory on how its done?

Can someone help me with the Snake Diddy MU?

I can never feel myself trying to punish anything he does with a banana in hand. It's also like he has 0 lag on all of his attacks X_X.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Diddy has alot of lag on his attacks, you should 1st check out the matchup up thread, we recently discussed Diddy. But basically learn to react to his nanner throws and followups, DI everything up, punish everything with dash attack, and you should be good, Snake is Diddy's worst MU imo.

.decoy

Smash Ace
this is what i posted before..

for nado i had swordgard explain this to me.

for the first hit that pops you up i di/sdi up and out. if i miss that then its more complicated.

basically the nado is a 'V' correct. and it has sort of two hitboxes that hit you back and forth on the bottom sides of the V. so what he does (and it works well) is basically 1/8th circle di rapidly. so you move your control stick from directly up to 1/8th right and then back. the reson for this is that a full quarter circle causes you to hit both hitboxes (one on each side) and that keeps you inside the nado. also no cstick as you often buffer random crap.

this has been working well for me, although it doesn't always get you out of the whole nado. if i do get out of the nado before the end, i either airdodge or buffer a ffall'd uair. anyway, even if it doesn't get you out of most of it, it does often get you to avoid the last hit, which puts you in an excellent position to punish a nado, especially one that is higher up.

anyway thats nado di/sdi according to swordgard.
although now i would add to it that i would still mash up on cstick if i know its not going to buffer anything. as in when im like 'deep' in the nado i use the cstick, if that makes sense. usually that's at the beginning of the nado (i'm talking about using the cstick even after the initial nado hit pops you up).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
this is what i posted before..

although now i would add to it that i would still mash up on cstick if i know its not going to buffer anything. as in when im like 'deep' in the nado i use the cstick, if that makes sense. usually that's at the beginning of the nado (i'm talking about using the cstick even after the initial nado hit pops you up).

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It has an initial hitbox that pops people up too.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Diddy has alot of lag on his attacks, you should 1st check out the matchup up thread, we recently discussed Diddy. But basically learn to react to his nanner throws and followups, DI everything up, punish everything with dash attack, and you should be good, Snake is Diddy's worst MU imo.
Diddy's pretty hard to punish with a naner in his name. However if you dthrow him with a naner on the field, top diddy's will usually roll towards it at first.

Shurely

Smash Cadet
quick question. does the foward range on Fsmash decrease as he charges it? you can see the rpg slowly aimed closer towards him and i was just wondering.

.decoy

Smash Ace
It has an initial hitbox that pops people up too.
yes and that is definitely the best chance to escape it. what i was saying in my last post was that if you fail to pop out of it and footstool or just jump out then you can go to the other di thing i explained on the last page.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Diddy's pretty hard to punish with a naner in his name. However if you dthrow him with a naner on the field, top diddy's will usually roll towards it at first.
no, top diddys dont leave a pattern. most diddys roll towards the nanner actually, i just dacus then if i know ill trip otherwise.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
most important thing in the diddy matchup is power sheilding and once getting one of diddys nanas use it effectivly against him such as throw it diddy trips but as u throw it rush in ready for the trip and u can get a free tilt or down throw out of it try it its useful , or just go to youtube search my name and look for recent matches of me vs europes best diddy

Turazrok

Smash Master

no, top diddys dont leave a pattern. most diddys roll towards the nanner actually, i just dacus then if i know ill trip otherwise.
I only say it because Geness did it in Genesss vs Jnig and in Genessss vs Ally

No namesearching for you

jpak

Smash Lord
could osmeone help me with b-reversla please.
im not getting that glide to the other side even tho i have horizontal momentum wen doing it, i just turn around and thats it

etecoon

Smash Hero
does anyone have any advice on the olimar MU, I am absurdly horrible vs olimar...stuff I already know

olimar's tech rolls are horrible and the only thing he can do that isn't regrabbable on shear reaction is get up attack, and that can be powershielded on reaction too if your reflexes are exceptional(mine are not)

olimar outcamps snake and shuts down approaches, pretty much any attempt at shaking off pikmin is punishable(whoo get grabbed and take like 80%!). at the same time snake's camping can KO olimar while oli needs to approach to KO snake, however purple pikmin can put you in bad positions at later %'s where oli can KO you without really exposing himself

oli's recovery is horrible and you can typically cover his options so he at least takes some damage coming back. on the other hand, he has a similar advantage vs you as his grab and uair pretty much destroy your landing options

stages? dunno where would be good, I know I hate lylat and BF against him...

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Uhh, how about ignoring all the pikmins he throws at you cept for black ones. And dont try to outcamp him, get in close and personal. Best situations for you to be is him offstage or in the air and you're on the stage.

etecoon

Smash Hero
if I approach I always get *****, olimar destroys ground approaches and snake's air game is...well it's snake's air game :/

Turazrok

Smash Master
does anyone have any advice on the olimar MU, I am absurdly horrible vs olimar...stuff I already know

olimar's tech rolls are horrible and the only thing he can do that isn't regrabbable on shear reaction is get up attack, and that can be powershielded on reaction too if your reflexes are exceptional(mine are not)

olimar outcamps snake and shuts down approaches, pretty much any attempt at shaking off pikmin is punishable(whoo get grabbed and take like 80%!). at the same time snake's camping can KO olimar while oli needs to approach to KO snake, however purple pikmin can put you in bad positions at later %'s where oli can KO you without really exposing himself

oli's recovery is horrible and you can typically cover his options so he at least takes some damage coming back. on the other hand, he has a similar advantage vs you as his grab and uair pretty much destroy your landing options

stages? dunno where would be good, I know I hate lylat and BF against him...
Maybe Castle Siege would do you good... First and third stage anyways. I really don't know. I've yet to play a Snake offline with olimar in tourney.

Uhh, how about ignoring all the pikmins he throws at you cept for black ones. And dont try to outcamp him, get in close and personal. Best situations for you to be is him offstage or in the air and you're on the stage.
Lol. PLEASE IGNORE MY PIKMINS SO WHEN YOU APPROACH I HAVE A KILLTHROW READY AND FRESH <3

etecoon

Smash Hero
Maybe Castle Siege would do you good... First and third stage anyways. I really don't know. I've yet to play a Snake offline with olimar in tourney.
don't see how third stage would be TOO good, it's a smaller FD..

you play olimar and online? wifi me sometime? MUST LEARN TELETUBBY MATCHUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom