• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.decoy

Smash Ace
fair. susa is the one that told me airdodge time ago.
since been updated however.

the difference is so minimal i feel that it probably isn't a huge deal.
but might as well be doing the proper aerial.

uair it is (horizontal). then ffall. then jump when able.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I am just curious, is snakes F-Smash supposed to be good on Wi-Fi? Almost every Snake I have fought over Wi-Fi uses it and never hits me with it.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
It's not that good, you should have time to react to it so it wont hit. Its used better to charge it and let your opponent hold their shield for too long so you either shield break them or sheild poke.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Hi! I'm currently trying to learn how to deal with Snake. But recently I've been told something that I'm unsure about. Can Snake stick a C4 on himself or is that only possible after placing it on his opponent?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hi! I'm currently trying to learn how to deal with Snake. But recently I've been told something that I'm unsure about. Can Snake stick a C4 on himself or is that only possible after placing it on his opponent?
Snake cannot stick himself. He can stick someone else and after (6?) seconds have elapsed, the C4 can then be transferred onto someone else. I don't remember how long it takes before the C4 can be transferred, someone will correct me, but snake cannot stickie himself.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's 2-3 seconds before it can be transferred, it will fall off after 13.25 seconds of NOT being transferred (I think there are other things such as if knocked x fast it falls, IDK).

Snake CAN sticky himself, if he times it perfectly on a ledge with Link's boomerang either pushing him, or behind him pulling him. AKA: Chances of happening are near non-existent.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
It's 2-3 seconds before it can be transferred, it will fall off after 13.25 seconds of NOT being transferred (I think there are other things such as if knocked x fast it falls, IDK).

Snake CAN sticky himself, if he times it perfectly on a ledge with Link's boomerang either pushing him, or behind him pulling him. AKA: Chances of happening are near non-existent.
Whaat? Wow, I never knew that. That is an incredible find, as non-existent as it is. I have to try that for fun.

Wait I have a some questions....
1.) Why did Sakurai make Snake's up tilt's hitbox sooo wrong and big
2.) Why doesn't he doesn't he know about snakedashing and other stuff
3.) Does Sakurai even know about tiers and what if he did?

O_o

-Ran

Smash Master
Wait I have a some questions....
1.) Why did Sakurai make Snake's up tilt's hitbox sooo wrong and big
2.) Why doesn't he doesn't he know about snakedashing and other stuff
3.) Does Sakurai even know about tiers and what if he did?

O_o
1. Most likely Snake originally was a taller character model. They probably sized him down at last minute and forgot to adjust his hit boxes.

2. Because they didn't have game testers looking for that, nor did they put hundreds of hours of play testing per character. Who knows how many things they did find and remove though prior to launch. =p

3. Tiers are created by a lack of polish in a game.

Masky

Smash Master
Would this work as an edgeguard against DDD? Just randomly thought of it

Plant a C4 on them while they're up-bing and then blow it up when they reach the peak of their up-b (killing them off the top)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
If DDD is ever forced to Up B its free damage/kill. If your ballsy go for it if you know he would be killed by it. I personally prefer my C4 on the stage and either nair or grab DDD when he up b, both options I think is easier to do than trying to time the stick.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok I have a question, ages ago back when the game first came out, a "ifinite chain grab" was found with snake where you grab them so they are hanging out over a ledge and downthrow them, and with proper timing you can regrab them again straight away and do it over and over again.

now I seem to be accidently pulling this off all the time and I get a few in a row but it seems to me like it's escapable (or I just have **** timing)

so my quesiton is, is this really an inifinte?

Masky

Smash Master
no the opponent can airdodge or use an aerial or a bunch of other stuff

Dilly04

Smash Cadet
I know Susa discovered the back throw stage spike on Jungle Japes so I was wondering if it also worked with forward throw..?

Ran Iji said:
3. Tiers are created by a lack of polish in a game
I'm not talking about the game I'm talking about Sakurai if he finds out about tiers
(Especially the melee tier because he'll see his creation at the bottom tier :psycho:)

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, the only video I'm aware of him playing Brawl is him playing Ganon, and losing with him. So there you go. =p

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys do if someone doesn't do anything after you use dthrow? On which frames would the invincibility of a get up attack/ normal get up start?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Haha. Heyo guys~! I have a quick question! I'm sure it has been posted, but I couldn't find it on the Match-up thread, either.. Uhm, pretty much what are things I should do against a Marth? Or watch out~? Haha. Please and thank you!! I'm just having slight Marth issues so any tips are greatly appreciated!

gallax

Smash Hero
i find that when playing marth you need to worry about out-spacing rather than camping him. for marth its really nothing jumping over the grenades and getting in close. hes going to wait for you to pull a nade out and attack you with fair. to beat marth you need to learn the range of your ftilt and also realize that marth is open to a dash attack or ftilt(depending on the marths spacing) after a fair/nair(which has less range than the fair).

as for thing like getting back onto the stage it can be a little difficult if the marth knows what they are doing. i usually play against hrnut or chaz so getting back is always a pain. just remember to NEVER cypher near the edge, airidodging is your enemy, and stay away from marth when he is under you(try and land behind him while pulling a nade and shielding).

you are going to win this fight by using mortars, and edgeguarding marth. yes i said it. we can edgeguard marth. you see when marth uses his dolphin slash he has stupid lag time time when he lands on the ground. so all you have to do is force an upB and then get back on stage and react to what the marth does. if he ledge hops>anything just shield and then wait for marth to land. from there either grab or ftilt. if he rolls from the ledge you grab him. if he stands up from the ledge you ftilt him. if he get up attacks you shield>grab. his options are so limited its kinda ridiculous.

other than those things this matchup is mostly about spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom