• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried Nikita? Other solutions are stripping grenades above him or just timing an edgehog. I don't think Pika can plank very well, but what do i know. I haven't played against a planking one.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
hmm kk, well i almost got him with a c4 lolol but yea ill just keep at it with nades and motars

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
How do u instant-throw grenades/what custom button setting do u need? I remember seeing a video of it somewhere but i can't find it now.

Pretty much all you have to do is airdodge next to an item, then have a throw input very shortly after the air dodge input. So pretty much you do this for best results.

Airdodge -> C-stick

That is pretty much all you have to do.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I remember seeing people throw it on the ground and then airdodge grab it. They also jump off the stage and throw it quickly from there. As for videos I don't know any but you could probably watch some regular videos of Snake players.

I remember seeing people throw it on the ground and then airdodge grab it. They also jump off the stage and throw it quickly from there. As for videos I don't know any but you could probably watch some regular videos of Snake players.

This reminds me. You know how sometimes you can run offstage with a grenade, then chuck it backwards so it travels low to the ground? Well, I remember doing this, and instantly grabbing the ledge after throwing. Sort of like hugging, but with a grenade throw done ahead of it. For some reason, I cannot duplicate this again. Anyone know the specific actions for it?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Run off stage, once your in the air hit the c-stick back?

jpak

Smash Lord
Anyway to DI out of Marth's sword dance? Also nades, and c4s that hit myself affect stale right?

Shinjin

Smash Cadet
Sort of a random question, but say you drop a C4 and explode it. Now, when you drop a second C4, is that one automatically staled? Or say you use 9 other attacks before exploding the second C4, is the C4 at full power again?

haha hope that makes sense, guess what I'm asking is whether it's the dropping or the exploding of the C4 that stales!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Anyway to DI out of Marth's sword dance? Also nades, and c4s that hit myself affect stale right?
its all about SDI. If you see it coming drop a nade and shield (: If you shield the whole thing unshield and ftilt him (:

Yeah, nades and C4 affect stale moves.
Sort of a random question, but say you drop a C4 and explode it. Now, when you drop a second C4, is that one automatically staled? Or say you use 9 other attacks before exploding the second C4, is the C4 at full power again?

haha hope that makes sense, guess what I'm asking is whether it's the dropping or the exploding of the C4 that stales!
If that C4 hit a grenade or a person(not the shield.) then yes it is staled. If it just missed the person than wallah no stale. If it hit then sweet. Your opponent just took some damage and staled C4

jpak

Smash Lord
Could someone exlpain the term tehcing please?
I've read many things about "teching"
Teching after G&W's dthrow.
Teching towards the stage after getting spiked on yoshi's island, and DI'ing towards the stage after grab released on the edge of FD the n teching the ledge.
What does teching mean and how is it done?
I've read you press dodge before you hit the object, what does that do?
Even read teching blast zones but they arent sure if this exists?

teching is when you catch yourself on a surface whether it is the ground, wall or underneath the stage. You do it by pressing shield within a certain number of frames of hitting the surface. I believe green marks signals when you are able to tech. To tech GnW dthrow just hold shield during the throw animation i believe so you can roll away but watch out cause they can predict this and chase you with another smash. Teching a spike refers to when after a spike you DI towards the stage and tech the stage canceling out the spike and gaining an advantage. Here is a video of it being done and anyone who know the specific frames to tech please post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVJP-_-db6s

Before. To practice with snake make a dome shape high on the large stage place in stage builder and if you can c4 jump. Once you hit 150 it becomes easier and just get easier as you get more damage cause all you have to do is press shield right after you hit down B. Anytime you are in a tumbling animation you can tech a surface. It take practice but it is worth it because you can then survive past 150 if you cant get to the stage and so you dont die from the c4.

Teff

Smash Rookie
How do you punish rolls with Snake? My friends keeps beating me because he always rolls behind me when I ftilt or something and Snake has no moves that hit on both sides of him.

Edit: Thanks for the help guys. :)

How do you punish rolls with Snake? My friends keeps beating me because he always rolls behind me when I ftilt or something and Snake has no moves that hit on both sides of him.
Try jabbing first if they are rolling behind an attack. As the jab finishes and they have already started rolling, just Ftilt behind you. Or do a BPG (boost pivot grab).

learn to turn around fast and ftilt or predict the roll and punish with a down air or back air. My friend used to do the same thing but once he gets punished like that a few times they will be a bit more wary about roll spamming cause nobody wants to eat 20%. Brawl is about predicting your opponent and out-spacing them.

jpak

Smash Lord
When I jab someone and hits three times, does that count as three move in stale counter? What about hitting the sheild? And when I c4 myself, or nade myself?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yes, they all count towards your stale move meter, Another thing is that when nades blow up next to each other or a C4 blows up a nade it also counts. Although I hear that it's a bit more complicated than other char's stale move counters, though not sure of the details myself.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yes, they all count towards your stale move meter, Another thing is that when nades blow up next to each other or a C4 blows up a nade it also counts. Although I hear that it's a bit more complicated than other char's stale move counters, though not sure of the details myself.
except a move hitting a shield. that doesn't count.

jpak

Smash Lord
Thanks. Another question, I seem to always get caught in Falco's jab and eat up quitet abit of damage, is the best way to get out to just di away from the jab?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yeah, sdi away, and if he's still jabbing ftilt him, but falco has quite a bit of followups from jab, so pay major attention to those.

.decoy

Smash Ace
does crouch go under side b and/or neutral b? not that it really matters as you can powershield instantly from crouch, but just curious since that would make life easier.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You can duck under her neutral b, i think you may be able to duck under the inner hitbox of her side-b, but they usually space better, and you can just dtilt it if they do mess up the spacing and outprioritize it.

Crouching also gets you under her grab and mess up her bair spacing. (and maybe dash attack?)

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
imo camp camp camp vs zss and i also think that your ftilt can clash with her side b also...its better to Ps but just saying clash would be legit because you can dash attack before shes inputs a move ...And box acutely is a legit gimp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom