• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The So-Called Melee Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Shouldnt this thread being in the melee section??

Anyways in my eyes i think they are glitches and just accidents the developers put in and people found loop holes for the way the game was supposed to be played. Its no coincidence that sakurai said that brawl will have no glitches and............DUM DUM DUM! wavedashing and the whole lot have dissapeared, surprise surprise. It seems to be a mistake in melee that wavedashing was possible.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
L-cancelling is definately more important than wavedashing in fact aside from the luigi/ics/fox case the most universal use for it is punishing **** like marth's fsmash from out of your shield.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
Wavedashing isn't really a glitch, and all it did was pump up the speed of the game and provide a lagless alternative to rolling.
I wouldn't make that comparison since wavedashing doesn't give you any invincibilty frames. It's more of an alternative form of movement in general comparable with running or walking.

Also the fact that Sakurei didn't have something in brawl that was in melee doesn't necessarily make it a glitch. A ton of mechanics in brawl are way different (air dodging) does that make melee's air dodging a glitch? Or how about powershielding?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I was thinking that he's made this type of thread before. Then I realized when this was made. Was there a reason this was bumped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom