• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I just played though Steve's Classic Mode and Spirit board and it was fun especially his Spirit board events. I knew they were going to use a giant Ridley for the Enderdragon Spirit.

D

Deleted member

Is it wrong I want to see fanart with Ridley wearing an Ender Dragon costume, or something like that?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Did the file size for the Attach files feature shrink or something?

It has failed me quite a lot lately.
Seems to be the case; I had to share the Steve, Alex, etc. thumbnails I made recently through Dropbox, when in the past SmashBoards would have no problem letting me upload them here directly.

I couldn’t even attach them using the link from Dropbox, so I had to give the links themselves (though maybe they were the wrong links for showing the images and they were just for sharing? idk).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How did you know... Tell me is Doomslayer getting in Smash?!
Who are you talking too? Anyway, about Doomslayer in Smash, we don't know. He seems likely as Doom Eternal is recent and Doomslayer is very wanted for Smash. Other than that, we have really not to go off of. He technically wouldn't be a Microsoft character in FP2 since Bethesda would have made the deal with Nintendo to get Doomslayer in before Microsoft completely acquired Bethesda.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They could've just as easily gone with Rathalos for the Enderdragon. Perhaps they chose Ridley because of the extra Enderman that you fight as well.
That and the colors of the Ridley alt match the Ender Dragon better.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
how do you upload an image?
without using a link.
There's a little pcture box on middle of the Toolbar by the smileys icon you can click that to attach an image or add an image URL. Or you can drag and drop an image from another window into the textbox.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They could've just as easily gone with Rathalos for the Enderdragon. Perhaps they chose Ridley because of the extra Enderman that you fight as well.
Hey, I will take it over Master and Crazy Hand.

I will say that Ridley fight did make me remove three of my tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll just leave this thread and hop back once the 14-year old gets his bearings, this is just an awkward phase that gives me embarrassing nostalgia of myself six years ago. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

One interesting thing to note is that Steve uses the newer textures rather than the old textures for his tools. The new textures came out in 1.14, which was in 2019.

So if Steve was in talks in 2015, he was definitely developed around 2019, or maybe late 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'll just leave this thread and hop back once the 14-year old gets his bearings, this is just an awkward phase that gives me embarrassing nostalgia of myself six years ago. :nifty:
Gonna be honest... same here. Reminds me way too much of when I first joined lol

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well at least the monsters look great
I have never played Monster Hunter myself, but I really like the monster designs (one that I fell in love with being the Mizutsune and the Dalamadur just because it's a giant evil snake)...but...I am still wondering...why every single videogame based movie has to be live action? It's something I always ask myself, especially after seeing that even movies that appear fitting for live action, end up being freaking boring and bland looking in the end, like the Assassin's Creed movie that I just cannot forget how it put me to sleep at the half hour mark, literally.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I have never played Monster Hunter myself, but I really like the monster designs (one that I fell in love with being the Mizutsune and the Dalamadur just because it's a giant evil snake)...but...I am still wondering...why every single videogame based movie has to be live action? It's something I always ask myself, especially after seeing that even movies that appear fitting for live action, end up being freaking boring and bland looking in the end, like the Assassin's Creed movie that I just cannot forget how it put me to sleep at the half hour mark, literally.
Guess they think it would appeal to a wider audience cuz “animation is kid stuff” apparently, even though the monsters count as animation.

AndreaAC

Guess they think it would appeal to a wider audience cuz “animation is kid stuff” apparently, even though the monsters count as animation.
Oh my God, the people that have that mentality are just...I cannot even describe it. And yeah, the monsters do count as animation, so ironic that they say that. I just wish for once they did one game movie, similar to how some amazing CGI trailers for games are done, and not this sort of Live Action/CGI hybrid that as impressive as the CGI might be, I feel it clashes with everything else...it just makes me feel so sad, that there's so much potential with full CG and they don't do it that way. Of course, there's also the things that funnily enough, start 2D and become 3D like the Mewtwo Strikes Back movie...and I still prefer the 2D/traditionally animated one. What a struggle. But oh well, I guess it's just personal preference.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh my God, the people that have that mentality are just...I cannot even describe it. And yeah, the monsters do count as animation, so ironic that they say that. I just wish for once they did one game movie, similar to how some amazing CGI trailers for games are done, and not this sort of Live Action/CGI hybrid that as impressive as the CGI might be, I feel it clashes with everything else...it just makes me feel so sad, that there's so much potential with full CG and they don't do it that way. Of course, there's also the things that funnily enough, start 2D and become 3D like the Mewtwo Strikes Back movie...and I still prefer the 2D/traditionally animated one. What a struggle. But oh well, I guess it's just personal preference.
And ones like the Ratchet and Clank or arguably the Angry Birds films don’t really take off. At least the new Mario movie will be fully animated. Though I don’t have a ton of faith considering it’s Illumination. But yeah it’d be sooo nice to see more full-length films based off the amazing CGI trailers I’ve seen many games have.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
And ones like the Ratchet and Clank or arguably the Angry Birds films don’t really take off. At least the new Mario movie will be fully animated. Though I don’t have a ton of faith considering it’s Illumination. But yeah it’d be sooo nice to see more full-length films based off the amazing CGI trailers I’ve seen many games have.
Don't forget, Miyamoto is heavily involved with the Mario movie, meaning he's most likely the one calling all the shots in regards to the movie.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So here is the first actual trailer for the upcoming live-action Monster Hunter film starring former Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich alongside Tony Jaa:

My thoughts: Visuals of the monsters look great, very unsure about the film's story.
Not very impressed so far, going off the trailer it seems to be a very generic 'humans get locked in strange world with strange creatures' type story with nothing too special otherwise. In terms of how it translates Monster Hunter in particular, they have the monsters and I'll admit they look good (though Nerscylla could be better), but they don't have the spirit of the series as it draws little from how the world works or functions within itself or expands on what it is. It just a coat of paint to make it more attractive to casual viewers, which will work in getting them, but it does come off as superficial.

In short, it just seems to be a typical video game adaptation.

AndreaAC

And ones like the Ratchet and Clank or arguably the Angry Birds films don’t really take off.
I mean, yeah, being fully CG wouldn't instantly make it successful...since also the writing is key. It's sad that ONE thing has to be bad, instead, making everything good despite the writing being a somewhat original story? Or close to the source they're taking?

At least the new Mario movie will be fully animated. Though I don’t have a ton of faith considering it’s Illumination.
Yeah, I don't have any faith in it either...but maybe it's just going to be the visuals and the story will be supervised by Nintendo, maybe?

But yeah it’d be sooo nice to see more full-length films based off the amazing CGI trailers I’ve seen many games have.
Hopefully one day... :sadsheep: And also for that stigma of "ANIMATION IS JUST FOR KIDS!!11!" to vanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom