• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, when the characters all turned into trophies and I saw the little fire, I 100% thought Dark Souls due to the bonfires and "Humanity Restoried".

Kingdom Hearts didn't even cross my mind until the scene with the firey sword, I immediately made out the shape of a Keyblade then.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It was a little disappointing that 2 or 3 days before something got revealed that Sora was leaked.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm literally in a state of pure euphoria. I've never been this hype or excited for a game trailer of any kind, and I doubt I ever will be again. Simply because of how long I've waited for my sweet innocent cinnamon roll boy to end up in Smash. And I knew it'd be a tough, dark road to travel to get him - but I'm so happy Sakurai did it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ok. As soon as the trailer started in the darkness with the logo and the fire and the fighters as statues did anyone think it was gonna be anything other than Sora? It was so artsy it fit right in with the general KH vibe.
When that flame fell to the ground I kept expecting Cinderace to come in and kick it.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, unless you were SUPER invested in the Sora leak, the 3 most common reactions I saw in regards to the trailer were:

Dark Souls
Cinderace
A Smash original, so Master Hand or Tabuu

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As soon as it started spinning I recognised the keyblade and promptly began squealing in excitement.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When that flame fell to the ground I kept expecting Cinderace to come in and kick it.
Really? In that dark void after everyone had been turned to statues after the logo had artfully faded into the background? It’s like y’all don’t know the warning signs of Tetsuya Nomura.

Last edited:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Imagine going back in time 15 years and telling everybody that Sora and the block guy from that weird Swedish indie game were in Smash lmao

Shroob

Sup?
Really? In that dark void after everyone had been turned to statues after the logo had artfully faded into the background? It’s like y’all don’t know the warning signs of Tetsuya Nomura.
To be fair

I only ever played Chain of Memories

And only 'cause Mom got it for me cause it had Donald and Goofy on it. :4pacman:

And yeah, still thought it was Dark Souls lol. I feel like Dark Souls could have easily fit the setting as well tbh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Usually when people get trapped in the darkness in KH, it's like two people together max. Plus it played a lot into the original teaser and if I was going to link to anything, it would have been world of light.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Aight now that Smash is over
Here's the list of game series represented by a character sorted by the ones I played, the ones I haven't played but have some sort of interest in and the ones I don't plan on playing

:ultmario::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultlink::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultness::ultmarth::ulticeclimbers::ultpit::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsimon::ultsteve:
:ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsnake::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ulthero3::ultbanjokazooie: :ult_terry::ultkazuya::ultsora:
:ultfalcon::ultgnw: :ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultminmin

Note that I haven't played an equal amount of every series in the played section, nor am I neccesarily interested in playing more of them. I've played every mainline Pokemon game other than Let's Go (and BDSP is looking to be another skip) but have only played Pikmin 3 and never finished it (though I want to)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Usually when people get trapped in the darkness in KH, it's like two people together max. Plus it played a lot into the original teaser and if I was going to link to anything, it would have been world of light.
Fair observation. It just seamed so obviously linking into KH to me. Like. Anything else would feel kind of silly as payoff to the setup.

But man I wish we had a third season.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't even begin to imagine how a 3rd season could top..... this.

Sora's the confirmed ballot winner, and like, where do you even go from here? Nintendo, Sakurai, whoever got DISNEY of all companies to play ball.

At this point, everything else just feels soo abysmally small. That's not a bad thing at all, mind you, but there's just no way to top Sora. Hell, even Master Chief couldn't at this point.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Sora's the confirmed ballot winner, and like, where do you even go from here? Nintendo, Sakurai, whoever got DISNEY of all companies to play ball.

At this point, everything else just feels soo abysmally small. That's not a bad thing at all, mind you, but there's just no way to top Sora. Hell, even Master Chief couldn't at this point.
The most logical conclusion is they couldn’t. They pulled out all the stops for this one (aside from actually having Mickey in a smash game, but it’s understandable) because it’s the end of an 8 year journey. Sora is the most requested smash character, and he’s ending Smash in the most special way possible.

Y’know. Until the Switch 2.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

If I were to be a grubby gamer who kept asking for more, I could. Yeah I'd still think getting Crash, Chief, Quote and whoever else would be cool. I think Chief could do it if matching the hype was a necessity. Really the only thing I think that could surpass Sora is actually getting a 1st party Playstation character.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It was a little disappointing that 2 or 3 days before something got revealed that Sora was leaked.
Yeah, unless you were SUPER invested in the Sora leak, the 3 most common reactions I saw in regards to the trailer were:

Dark Souls
Cinderace
A Smash original, so Master Hand or Tabuu
To be fair, despite every youtuber and website advertising Sora leaked for smash. Most people didn’t take it seriously because 4chan. Despite the fact that you know, the final base roster and literal first presentation for the game leaked on there, in very similar manner. Bottom line a real leak always has a solid story backing up their info one way or another.

Even with the leak in mind, I didn’t expect it to be a Sora trailer. There was darkness sure, but fire doesn’t usually go with that. It usually light magic, and there’s also lots of heartless running away. Which it didn’t have, so I was caught off guard.
Fair observation. It just seamed so obviously linking into KH to me. Like. Anything else would feel kind of silly as payoff to the setup.

But man I wish we had a third season.
I’ve played most of the Kingdom Hearts games and honestly didn’t expect a Sora trailer to play out like that. I kinda of expected what I said above or even the Gummi ship crashing into smash.
However I knew without a doubt it wasn’t a Pokémon with that setup, which was a nice relief.

However the Keyhole opening up in the sky was setup and done brilliantly. Fits right in with some of the moments from the games.

The fanfare for Sora has been really good.

Shroob

Sup?
If I were to be a grubby gamer who kept asking for more, I could. Yeah I'd still think getting Crash, Chief, Quote and whoever else would be cool. I think Chief could do it if matching the hype was a necessity. Really the only thing I think that could surpass Sora is actually getting a 1st party Playstation character.
Yeah, someone like, Kratos? would probably generate a ton of insanity imo, since, ya know, suddenly SONY in the credits.

......god, we live in a ****ing world where DISNEY is gonna be in Ultimate's credits.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, someone like, Kratos? would probably generate a ton of insanity imo, since, ya know, suddenly SONY in the credits.

......god, we live in a ****ing world where DISNEY is gonna be in Ultimate's credits.
I wonder if it might lead to more collaborations between Nintendo and Disney. The image of Sora shaking hands with Mario is one that will sit with me forever but it's funny to think we haven't had Mickey shaking hands with Mario.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

While they definitely couldn’t top Sora or honestly this pass( since it gave us some really solid inclusions that deserved the Rep in one way or another), I do think they could rival the pass or come close if they literally pulled out all the stops.

Like let’s say they had 6 more, I think the only pairing that could match up would be something like:

Crash
master Chief
Honestly an Undertale Rep or waluigi
Phoenix Wright or Monster Hunter
Tails Or Eggman
A Sony Rep or honestly Goku unironically.

None of which would probably all happen on one pass.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

To be fair, games like MK11 finally added Spawn after people asking for years, and followed him up with Rambo of all people. What's done is done, and I'm glad it ended on a high note. But the world of video games is pretty vast, there'll always be someone who can hype up tons of people.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly none of the newcomers I want would even come close to having the same impact as Sora. The three in my sig would excite people, sure, but they're a lot more niche compared to KH.
And then there's my MW, Decidueye, who would whip up a saltstorm if he got in. in all honesty incineroar over decidueye is my only gripe with this game's roster but that's a conversation for another time

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so.

With all the “darkness” stuff…and the Smash fighters having turned back into trophies in the trailer…

Is Kingdom Hearts basically Deltarune but with Mickey Mouse 🤔

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
so.

With all the “darkness” stuff…and the Smash fighters having turned back into trophies in the trailer…

More like the opposite since KH came first.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
so.

The opposite. Deltarune is just Kingdom Hearts without Mickey Mouse.

And Kingdom Hearts is Anime Star Wars, which ended up being bought up by the Mouse.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
More like the opposite since KH came first.
The opposite. Deltarune is just Kingdom Hearts without Mickey Mouse.

And Kingdom Hearts is Anime Star Wars, which ended up being bought up by the Mouse.

yeah I know KH came first; was trying to go for a joke sorta like the EarthBound/Undertale comparisons.

sans better be in kingdom hearts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom