• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Typlosion: I like his design, but it’s not as good why he’s bipedal.
Typhlosion isn't fully bipedal. When it needs to run it gets down on all fours.

Standing on its hind legs is a reference to how honey badgers are actually known to rear up on their hind legs in real life.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
In order:
Decidueye, one of my favorite Pokémon and top 3 starter.

Typlosion: I like his design, but it’s not as good why he’s bipedal. The johto starters are also very basically designed.

Samurott: love the first two stages, but not being water fighting or bipedal disappointed me a lot. Typing doesn’t matter, but I wanted more of a samurai vibe with its design.

Give it 5 minutes they’ll find something I’m sure.
Decidueye is the really different one, so that makes things tricky.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Standing on its hind legs is a reference to how honey badgers are actually known to rear up on their hind legs in real life.
Tbh, not discrediting you but that run animation is super funny since the gif is missing frames.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well they apparently had help from a different developer, so the good stuff was probably them.
They had help from Monolift, but they also worked on SwSh.

That said, they did expand a bit it appears, or at least got more people to help

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Story Spoilers
Apparently there's another time traveler in this game, and of all characters it's one of the train guys from Gen 5. I can respect that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah it definitely feels like a Monolith soft game. You know judging by the gameplay streams that are up on the internet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On one hand, a new PS5/Series X Dissidia that returns to the battle system from the PSP games would be amazing. On the other hand, I really want a 2D Final Fantasy fighting game made by Arc System Works. Both have the potential to be such cool games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I know, but I always wished they did more with it on all fours. Most of its animations, it’s standing and doesn’t look as nice imo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know, but I always wished they did more with it on all fours. Most of its animations, it’s standing and doesn’t look as nice imo.
That's fair.

I do kind of like Typhlosion's bipedal stance but that's 100% opinion.

Reactions: Z25

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
On one hand, a new PS5/Series X Dissidia that returns to the battle system from the PSP games would be amazing. On the other hand, I really want a 2D Final Fantasy fighting game made by Arc System Works. Both have the potential to be such cool games.
I was actually making my own Dissidia roster with a 2D Fighter in mind. This would be a dream game for me and it'd be awesome to see.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So after mindlessly playing Master Duel for six hours, what do I think?

1642655677549.png

It's fun and the best YGO sim we've had in a very long time. I'm talking about better than the WCS/YCS engines. And it's free. Literally free. Pick it up on the E-Shop right now. You have no excuse not to, you know damn well you ain't playing anything new. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
watching Maximillian’s video about the affects of the Microsoft buying Activision after getting Bethesda…and decided to give the freaky idea of Sony buying Square and Capcom if they were to ever buy out a big company (apparently they’re both worth more than Sega…and let’s not let any of those 3 game companies be bought out)
I certainly don't see that happening, since both Square and Capcom have been doing quite well, especially with their successes of Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter Rise. Not to mention Square and Capcom or their shareholders have to consent to the buying. Which is very unlikely as both Square and Capcom have a good relationship with Nintendo and have had big successes with the Switch. And if the next Nintendo console does just as well, Square and Capcom certainly wouldn't want to miss that opportunity.

Activision's scenario came from a combination of great negativity, with other companies and sponsors quite willing to refuse acquaintance with them, and a CEO more than willing to let the company crash and burn from the negativity. Both Square and Capcom are very far from this scenario.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So after mindlessly playing Master Duel for six hours, what do I think?

View attachment 343211

It's fun and the best YGO sim we've had in a very long time. I'm talking about better than the WCS/YCS engines. And it's free. Literally free. Pick it up on the E-Shop right now. You have no excuse not to, you know damn well you ain't playing anything new. :4pacman:
I feel like i'm seeing a raid Shadow Legends ad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I certainly don't see that happening, since both Square and Capcom have been doing quite well, especially with their successes of Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter Rise. Not to mention Square and Capcom or their shareholders have to consent to the buying. Which is very unlikely as both Square and Capcom have a good relationship with Nintendo and have had big successes with the Switch. And if the next Nintendo console does just as well, Square and Capcom certainly wouldn't want to miss that opportunity.

Activision's scenario came from a combination of great negativity, with other companies and sponsors quite willing to refuse acquaintance with them, and a CEO more than willing to let the company crash and burn from the negativity. Both Square and Capcom are very far from this scenario.
yeah at this point everybody is overly freaking out over what Sony is gonna respond with now. Like, Xbox having all of these properties all of a sudden truly is a massive move (ignoring the equally massive problems that Activision will have until the guy running it ****s off)…which only makes people more hungry for big money deals to go down.

probably doesn’t help that everyone thought Sega would get bought out…but who with a brain and sanity truly wants to see Sonic exclusive to Xbox?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I could see Sony buying Sega, looking at my PS4 shelf Sega released a ton of stuff on it, Yakuza basically carried the PS4 on it's back.

Not saying i would like it or that it would happen but i can see it happening.

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, Legends Arceus looks really good. Yeah.

What will we Pokemon fans do now? There's nothing to complain about.
I mean I kinda find a lot of the new mons really ugly, and I'm someone who'll defend Gen 5-7 mons from people thinking they're bad.

Like, and spoilers but

Dialga and Palkia's forms are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, especially Palkia's.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They have abilities? I thought the leaks said no abilities.
Nono, the game has no abilities in gameplay as was revealed a while ago, but every mon in the game has abilities coded in, I'll link a post that has them all
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/s89qxi Ursaluna being able to go for a 240 Attack stat with Guts and blocking off every other status depending on if they keep the new mechanic around it or not is already amazing but it can go for Bullet Proof which makes it immune to Aura Sphere, Focus Miss, Energy Bomb, Seed Bomb and Bullet Seed to compliment it's bulk is amazing, Sneasler getting Poison Touch means it's Poison Jab has a 51% chance to poison, assuming she has similar moves to the other genies, Enamourus having Contrary sounds terrifying as that means Superpower's on the menu, etc

Shroob

Sup?
Nono, the game has no abilities in gameplay as was revealed a while ago, but every mon in the game has abilities coded in, I'll link a post that has them all
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/s89qxi Ursaluna being able to go for a 240 Attack stat with Guts and blocking off every other status depending on if they keep the new mechanic around it or not is already amazing but it can go for Bullet Proof which makes it immune to Aura Sphere, Focus Miss, Energy Bomb, Seed Bomb and Bullet Seed to compliment it's bulk is amazing, Sneasler getting Poison Touch means it's Poison Jab has a 51% chance to poison, assuming she has similar moves to the other genies, Enamourus having Contrary sounds terrifying as that means Superpower's on the menu, etc
I mean, this is neat

But, we'd need a game where these are actually useable in a competitive setting, right? Afaik, you can't transfer these guys to SwSd or BDSP, so they're stuck in Bank for the forseeable future.

.....can they even be banked?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Let it be known that "We Don't Talk About Bruno" has now surpassed "Let it Go" to become the highest charting Disney song in the Billboard top 100 in the 21st century.

"Bruno" is currently charting at #4, which the last time a Disney song charted that high, was Pocahontas' "Colors of the Wind" back in 1995.

It's honestly insane how much Encanto and it's soundtrack has now blown up, and I'm glad it has. Haven't been this enthralled in a Disney Animation Studios film in a good 5+ years
I agree especially with the bolded. The soundtrack is probably for me going down as one of the most memorable.

I am not surprised about the popularity of "We Don't Talk About Bruno" considering that the song (not only surpassed 100 million views on Youtube) was very well crafted and credit goes to Lin Manuel Miranda.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, this is neat

But, we'd need a game where these are actually useable in a competitive setting, right? Afaik, you can't transfer these guys to SwSd or BDSP, so they're stuck in Bank for the forseeable future.

.....can they even be banked?
You can't yet, but that being added post launch isn't anything new for the franchise, not to mention that as we have all the data, it'd get added on Showdown regardless . It's all a matter of time

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
SECRET SOCIETY BLANKET (and potential affiliates)! So Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy MooMew64 MooMew64 plus Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! osby osby and other weebs.

New visual for Laid Back Camp film got released and it features best character Rin:

5d2dd08b83972247d64da38fe9f4e1861642672758_main.jpg

She's grown up and ready to go to work (living in Kofu, Yamanashi or maybe even in Tokyo). I'm a bit teary eyed now. Making poster tomorrow then.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm so excited! She's looks cool! Time to go out today.

is there a 10 episode arc about Ryo harassing people about sailors?
Your will granted:

It will be a spinoff featuring a one time cameo from Goro Maijma from Yakuza which will eventually lead to a Yakuza anime..................................................

............................and then through Segata Sanshiro's Greatest Warriors (featuring Sword Art Online) it will finally tie with live action Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Sonic Battle: Civil War plus Blaze to appease the fanboys) and then we finally have Sega Super-Allstars the film!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
SECRET SOCIETY BLANKET (and potential affiliates)! So Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy MooMew64 MooMew64 plus Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! osby osby and other weebs.

New visual for Laid Back Camp film got released and it features best character Rin:

View attachment 343222

She's grown up and ready to go to work (living in Kofu, Yamanashi or maybe even in Tokyo). I'm a bit teary eyed now. Making poster tomorrow then.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm so excited! She's looks cool! Time to go out today.
Eyyyy I really dig that art!

Oh also, speaking about anime, TheMightyP TheMightyP , I started watching Demon Slayer. It's actually really fun so far, I'm impressed. 👁

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Eyyyy I really dig that art!

Oh also, speaking about anime, TheMightyP TheMightyP , I started watching Demon Slayer. It's actually really fun so far, I'm impressed. 👁
Guh if I were you I would look into a sub-genre called Iyashikei or healing anime. Its the cosiest and most heartwarming you can find in anime. Animal Crossing and Ghibli fans would really fit right in to watch these. A few are very easy recommendations.

Aria

Girls Last Tour - The definition of an anime that has a theme of positivity in the darkest of times.

Helpful Fox Senko-san

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Laid Back Camp - I can write a hundred thousand words about this anime and how much I love it. Right up there with Kino's Journey, Re:Zero and Zombieland Saga as my favourite anime of all time.

Non Non Biyori - Easy recommend but there's a bit of issues with pacing and the way its structured but you get one of most adorable characters in anime.

Super Cub - Thank you MooMew64 MooMew64 for recommending me this. **** you local moped school for not telling me crap and being why I stopped watching the show.

A few from KyoAni like K-On and Tamako Market I'd throw in here as well. You are younger as well so you can take the message better of all these.

Last edited:

Xombie_Rhythm

Smash Rookie
Hi my name is Xombie//RhythmBear I have a WiiU and would like to play 1v1 or 1v1v1v1. Add my Nintendo Network ID @ OmnistOmnivore or just go online WiiU For Glory 1v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom