• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Uh, I think how this thing rates game compatibility with the Steam Deck is a bit...wonky. I refuse to believe L4D2, HL2, and Portal 2 would be the only Valve games that work perfectly on their own hardware.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Uh, I think how this thing rates game compatibility with the Steam Deck is a bit...wonky. I refuse to believe L4D2, HL2, and Portal 2 would be the only Valve games that work perfectly on their own hardware.
A more accurate page would be the Proton Database.

If it works on Linux, it's gonna work on the Deck.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Why does it feel like everyone who played PLA used an Eeveelution and for some reason 90% of the time it was Sylveon.
Sylveon is the earliest and easiest Fairy available.

Togepi and Togetic take till the Mirelands, but they're rare/annoying af to obtain, which continues in the next area. Cleffa line is in one out of the way spot and exclusively at night. Stuff like Enamorus and A9 are post game.

Otherwise I'm just assuming its cause they're popular.

Edit: Forgot Ralts and Mime Jr., but Mime Jr has the same problems as Clefairy (Out of the way spot most of the time, and somewhat rare) and Ralts is about the same in usage as Sylveon from what I've seen. The earliest thing still stands with it though.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Togepi and Togetic take till the Mirelands, but they're rare/annoying af to obtain, which continues in the next area. Cleffa line is in one out of the way spot and exclusively at night. Stuff like Enamorus and A9 are post game.

I mean, you could get a Mime Jr/Mr. Mime in Obsidian Fieldlands but they really aren't the attacking type...

I checked and yeah, there aren't much Fairy Types in the game. The cinsequences of being added relatively late I guess.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Edit: Forgot Ralts and Mime Jr., but Mime Jr has the same problems as Clefairy (Out of the way spot most of the time, and somewhat rare) and Ralts is about the same in usage as Sylveon from what I've seen. The earliest thing still stands with it though.
I mean, you could get a Mime Jr/Mr. Mime in Obsidian Fieldlands but they really aren't the attacking type...

I checked and yeah, there aren't much Fairy Types in the game. The cinsequences of being added relatively late I guess.
This makes me wonder more why PLA doesn't have Azumarill despite it being in the Sinnoh Dex.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Yeah I forgot Mime Jr, I added it to the OP via an edit. I'm kind of surprised it isn't used more stating I'm pretty sure it's easier to get than Eevee, and not too shabby, but then again, it's Mr. Mime, so I guess people aren't gunning for it as much as cute ribbon dog.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
A part of me thinks they'd probably be in a DLC area. Looking at both D&Ps and Plat's dex, PLA seems to be a mix of both but it seems like there's quite a bit of water types missing from PLA that were in both dexes
They cut a fair amount, stuff like Wooper and Goldeen got scrapped as well. I'm wondering why they even removed stuff like Meditite and Marill though, stating they were everywhere in DP.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
A part of me thinks they'd probably be in a DLC area. Looking at both D&Ps and Plat's dex, PLA seems to be a mix of both but it seems like there's quite a bit of water types missing from PLA that were in both dexes
7.8/10 not enough water

...types

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They cut a fair amount, stuff like Wooper and Goldeen got scrapped as well. I'm wondering why they even removed stuff like Meditite and Marill though, stating they were everywhere in DP.
My only guess is that they aren't native to Sinnoh.

Some mons absences are really noticable though. Milotic being gone sticks out like a sore thumb because... you know.

The weird thing about that is that Gastrodon IS in the game so idk why they didn't go with that.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Why does it feel like everyone who played PLA used an Eeveelution and for some reason 90% of the time it was Sylveon.
I am the exception. It took me awhile to catch an Eevee (I actually found one really early, but it ran away), and by the time I had one I had a pretty good idea what I wanted my team to be. Sylveon has the aforementioned advantage of being one of the few really good fairy types, and is also the only post-gen 4 Pokemon available before the post game (excluding Galarian forms).
Yeah I forgot Mime Jr, I added it to the OP via an edit. I'm kind of surprised it isn't used more stating I'm pretty sure it's easier to get than Eevee, and not too shabby, but then again, it's Mr. Mime, so I guess people aren't gunning for it as much as cute ribbon dog.
I actually had a Mime Jr. for the early game. I really liked him and was even considering putting him on my final team, but then he evolved. I sorta forgot I don't like classic Mr. Mime (I actually really like Mr.Rime but he's not in this game).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The fact that people are more excited for a rom-dump of old games then the 6th entry in the street fighter series should tell Capcom something. I want to be r excited for it, but like many others they need to ****ing sell me on it and prove it’s a worthwhile investment from launch.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I'm proud of myself. It took a few tries/deaths but I was able to use floating Pokemon water trick to reach the section of the Mirelands where you can get Goomy without using Basculegion; have only so far beaten Kleavor. :teeth:

Was able to catch the Alpha Sliggo under-leveled somehow without taking damage (Hydro Pump accuracy!) and beat Alpha Torterra thanks to Wood Hammer recoil. lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well I'm proud of myself. It took a few tries/deaths but I was able to use floating Pokemon water trick to reach the section of the Mirelands where you can get Goomy without using Basculegion; have only so far beaten Kleavor. :teeth:

Was able to catch the Alpha Sliggo under-leveled somehow without taking damage (Hydro Pump accuracy!) and beat Alpha Torterra thanks to Wood Hammer recoil. lol
I feel like they made you able to cheat that area on purpose. So many people have done it, even without the water pokemon trick.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Studies for a test*
Thinks I did well*
Does fine but not as good as I thought

: (((
Dang it, school

Anyhow, how's everyone on this fine Twosday?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So out of curiosity, I searched up when the SWSH DLC was confirmed vs when it was released. It was confirmed in January and IOA released in Summer 2020 and CT released in Fall 2020. Meanwhile, base SWSH was done in November 2019, probably gone gold a bit earlier meaning the DLC was being developed about 8-9 months ago.

Assuming that
April holds up, I have a very good suspicion that the PLA DLC will probably be the the 2022 November Pokemon release. Meaning we won't see Gen 9 until 2023. Centro says Gen 9 close to completion but it's Centro lol.
If Gen 9 is almost completed, then good. Let the main game be completed and have them spend the year touching up graphics, maybe more animations, refining any story elements, etc. whatever they can to balance the criticisms with recent games or to take inspiration from Legends more. Just make it more polished in general please.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If Gen 9 is almost completed, then good. Let the main game be completed and have them spend the year touching up graphics, maybe more animations, refining any story elements, etc. whatever they can to balance the criticisms with recent games or to take inspiration from Legends more. Just make it more polished in general please.
I honestly do wonder if they're gonna outsource Pokemon again. I know BDSP was a bit of a letdown but they payoff of outsourcing far outweighed it.

Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm currently playing Moon, the anti RPG.

It's like Chibi Robo, only it's in a top down 2D environment instead of a 3D environment,but both games have more or less the same gameplay loop of helping the people around you.
I just hope you dont HAVE to do help everyone because some of this game feels extremely cryptic.

Gets funnier when you remember PBG is a self proclaimed Arthur superfan
Yeah Arthur just radiates "Nintendo youtuber" energy and i wonder if it's intentional because of that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom