• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the info!

Oh yeah, and here's what my endgame team was, for those curious:

Hisuian Lilligant is absolutely bonkers with Victory Dance. Was easily the whole main campaign's MVP, with Typhlosion falling off hard after mid-game.
Palkia wasn't in the best mood that day

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I predict the Mario movie will be a solid good time. Nothing incredible, but decently fun. With a couple references that’ll make hardcore Mario fans chuckle. And a couple jokes that’ll make anyone except for kids and minion moms groan.
I think it might do well (since the Mario franchise does have its own audience) although I can't exactly say how well it will do considering that it will face competition against Avatar 2 and maybe Shazam: Fury of the Gods that will come out on the same month as the Mario movie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have 6 guest characters I want in Street Fighter 6.

Kazuya from Tekken
Terry from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters
Tifa from FF7
Queen from Persona 5
Poe from Kung Fu Panda
and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have 6 guest characters I want in Street Fighter 6.

Kazuya from Tekken
Terry from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters
Tifa from FF7
Queen from Persona 5
Poe from Kung Fu Panda
and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat
Seeing Poe in SF would be so ****ing wild

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

I almost lost faith in my abilities to advance in Godhome after trying countless time today to finish the 4 pantheon with nail binding.

Somehow, by some sort of miracle - and maybe my skills too - I managed to beat it at long last, and while I couldn't manage to finish soul binding yet. This both make me feel more confident...and also scared of the final pantheon.

But still, god does Pure Vessel with a puny nail is so stressful to fight.

Also, for some odd reasons, I have 112% completion even though I still haven't finished pantheon 4 bindings & pantheon 5. (Not going to do pantheon 5 binding btw, I have my limit lol)
Heyyyy congrats! And really difficult things like Pantheon 5 and bindings don't count towards completion.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm trying my hand at making sprites (partially because I want to make a sprite for each playable character in the Marvel platform fighter thread, and partially because I want to get better at doing something art-related), using the images from a Facebook game as the base.

ms marvel sprite.png
-->
ms marvel sprite 2.png
-->
ms marvel sprite 3.png

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to faces and hair:
Ms Marvel sprite zoomed.png

(I don't know how to make the hair match her hair style, and something seems off about the face - the nose makes her look a bit like a chipmunk? Not sure how to improve it)
...but I think it turned out well otherwise. (not 100% sure about the shading, but nothing looks horribly wrong as far as I can tell)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's a Pokémon Scarlet/Violet "leak" claiming there's going to have 18 gyms.

lol no
This isn’t even that unlikely and actually makes a lot of sense. There’s that giant type wheel that’s also a battle ground. Which puts a lot of emphasis on types in the initial trailer.

The game is open world, a linear gym structure can’t possible exist. My bet is you can challenge gyms in any order, weather there’s 8 or 18. But you would still only need 8 total. Allowing you to go the extra mile for all of them and have teams to yours.

Having such a big regions needs incentive to explore besides just Pokémon. Having 18 gyms scattered for you to play however you want would make a lot of sense conceptually.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom