• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
2:30pm.

I wanna go home. **** these many hours. If humans weren't dumb they'd develop machines for everything.

Sorry, I went to bed.

I've been struggling with depression heavily lately.
Know the feeling dude. I'm meant to be seeing a psychiatrist to help me but that got delayed to the end of the year.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nothing wrong with a good popcorn movie. Not everything has to be Arrival.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nothing wrong with a good popcorn movie. Not everything has to be Arrival.
Yeah.

If they reused Gozer in the first Afterlife, they're going to have to use the guy who was in a painting from Ghostbusters 2 in the sequel to Afterlife. :troll:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When I first watched Afterlife, I thought it was ok but overtime I grew to eventually not like it given.

Because you're telling me that despite all the hell they've been through with ghosts and in a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist. Ray and the others didn't believe Egon regarding Gozer in that mountain in Summerville? So what if there hadn't been ghost activity for 30 years? It's still confirmed they're real so how would those view someone as crazy? Hell this all could had been avoided and revolved if Egon just shown them the proof through recording the proof and evidence and sending the video to them online. Even if there was bad reception in Summerville, if it came to being a world-ending event, Egon sure as hell would drive from Summerville back to New York to show the three of them the video of the proof he recorded.

These people were literally flat earth atheists at this point after everything that happened in the first two movies that were well publicized across the country in denying the existence of ghosts. In this universe, the existence of ghosts--irrefutable proof of people existing in another form after death--should be as much a scientific fact as the existence of atoms. I don't expect the writers to show the vast ramifications to the world, but don't have characters we're supposed to accept as people be the equivalent of people in any other work of fiction denying the existence of gravity or electricity.

And again a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist and people of Summerville thought he was crazy!? Shouldn't they be celebrities and rich by the way rather than having disbanded and apparently forgotten? Whose gonna forget that the statue of liberty moved in New York? That's some WWII or Pearl Harbor remembering **** there!

I was so confident this would be one of the few "belated" sequels that would be exceptional cases like Blade Runner 2049 and Bad Boys For Life but apparently that didn't prove to be the case. Still holding confidence that Top Gun: Maverick will be good being in the hands of an actual good director (Guy who did Only the Brave which is an overlooked and heartfelt film based on a true tragic event).

Personally how I would have done the film was still about them. They disbanded because Egon died sacrificing himself during a ghostbusting mission and the this left them traumatized, decades later and eventually when the world is at sake again, they're forced to face that trauma and band back together to face said threat and like in the actual ending to Afterlife with Egon's ghost assisting them.

So yeah I got no interest in this fourth film...

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I'm gonna scream if Samus gets a skin in Fortnite, but only if the trailer seems that looks like a teaser for Prime 4 or a DLC for Dread but it isn't.

That would make Metroid fans angry.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm gonna scream if Samus gets a skin in Fortnite, but only if the trailer seems that looks like a teaser for Prime 4 or a DLC for Dread but it isn't.

That would make Metroid fans angry.
Nah bro we were pissed at Nintendo scrapping the Fortnite deal, Metroid getting that level of publicity is an absolute win for Nintendo lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
What's better than one snake

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Snake race:

1654785653061.png

“WE ARE SNAKE TOUBYOU. ALL OF US MUST BE ACCOUNTED FOR. REMEMBER THAT.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Japanese mythology. A youkai that migrated to Japan from China. Toubyou look like small black snakes with a golden band around their neck and can be tamed and kept in earthen pots to be summoned when needed. They can be commanded to possess and curse someone, but they will turn against their master if mistreated and not given the same good as their human masters. They are evil spirits that can also be considered guardians.

Skills: Zio, Poisma, Trafuri

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fairy race.

At first, Toubyou’s design seemed pretty basic, if an accurate representation of its myth. Then I saw the eyes some of the heads hold in their mouths. Yikes. Anyway, I’m now convinced that it’s creepy but as a possessing spirit, it doesn’t do much more than some very weak elemental magic and occasional poison. It would be a reason to keep it around if it evolved in Yamato no Orochi or something at higher levels.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New art today. Felt like drawing someone from ARMS, went with Twintelle since she's one of the characters I use in that game other than Misango and Spring-Man. Also, her actual arms were normal so that made her a bit easier to draw. Overall I think one's alright, but not as strong as some of my recent pieces this month like Chun-Li, Vectorman, The MORBILLIONAIRE or Cerebella.

I'm just saying that cute racist girls may be the move for us lady lovers. I mean, is racism really THAT bad?
I am going to turn into Magneto.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My fault
Star Wars fans when a non-white character stays onscreen for longer than a minute.
That's not racism, it's valid criticism to complain about any casting of minority actors no matter how talented. Diversity picks pretty much.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
New art today. Felt like drawing someone from ARMS, went with Twintelle since she's one of the characters I use in that game other than Misango and Spring-Man. Also, her actual arms were normal so that made her a bit easier to draw. Overall I think one's alright, but not as strong as some of my recent pieces this month like Chun-Li, Vectorman, The MORBILLIONAIRE or Cerebella.

the nice artwork are a distraction for us to not realize you’ve been creating your own Brotherhood this entire time now confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom