• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If Frontiers is good, what are Sonic fans gonna do? Good games existing denies them their purpose.
Pull an Arin Hanson, mess with the controls of the game and then cream while pissing all over the floor about how the game is awful or pretend that it's impossible to figure out where to go without knowing every minute detail and then claiming Utopia is superior and then cry because enemies are just ti dang tough while showing footage of slowly trying to double jump on late game enemies or something.

That, or get cured of irony poisoning and remember that this franchise is pretty good, but where's the fun in that?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Been watching Ms Marvel, and while I love the stylistic choices in how they showcase every characters thoughts or emotions on screen, the story really takes me out of it.

Iman Vellani is great, but the story literally isn’t about her.

We’ve spent four episodes side lining Kamala and that sucks. It’s called Ms Marvel, there’s no real reason the story should ignore most of her arc to get into her ancestors, who aren’t even the inhumans. So I don’t see the point of this plot line so far.

They had a great idea presented early on to with:

the question of should she be a hero when the world around her, even her own community may not always been accepting.

That’s such a great concept and it’s kinda wasted so far imo.

At least she should get time to shine in young avengers down the line.

Dukefire

Smash Master
No matter what, the fanbase will always find something to nitpick at regardless if the game had a successful debut. It is the community's ongoing problem with trollers, salty fans, etc.
Screenshot_20210922-185738_Video Player.jpg

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Well at least Scott Lang provided an answer to a fan's theory on how he could had defeated Thanos.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

Well at least Scott Lang provided an answer to a fan's theory on how he could had defeated Thanos.
Ok that was awesome

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fire emblem heroes making a billion is really funny because Nintendo fans kept trying to say on Twitter it was a dead game and going to get deleted after Dragalia.

Mario Kart isn’t even close to sales and that was leading the race.

So everyone’s favorite smash franchise will continue to win.

Which if the money helps with doing more with the franchise in general, that’s cool by me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think I've shared my thoughts on gacha enough times that it should be no surprise that I think those FE:Heroes numbers are really gross.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Been watching Ms Marvel, and while I love the stylistic choices in how they showcase every characters thoughts or emotions on screen, the story really takes me out of it.

Iman Vellani is great, but the story literally isn’t about her.

We’ve spent four episodes side lining Kamala and that sucks. It’s called Ms Marvel, there’s no real reason the story should ignore most of her arc to get into her ancestors, who aren’t even the inhumans. So I don’t see the point of this plot line so far.

They had a great idea presented early on to with:

the question of should she be a hero when the world around her, even her own community may not always been accepting.

That’s such a great concept and it’s kinda wasted so far imo.

At least she should get time to shine in young avengers down the line.
I wouldn’t really call it sidelining when every story (main or not) connects right back to her having to accept the consequences in having a destiny she didn’t expect would backfire. The Djinn stuff, to compensate for Earth-19999 currently not using the Inhumans, is to represent how Kamala is the modern day Aisha, and how the bangles allowing her to control the embiggen within her are a curse.

Then of course there’s the rest of the family and friends around her, all being key influences towards how she’ll have to mature and grow as a person across all walks of the life she lives in. It’s why she keeps piling up disappointment after disappointment trying to juggle everything together just so that she can end up in a deeper hole…all just to become a hero Jersey needs. Besides some of the more obvious changes, it’s pretty much like her debut storyline. Trying to base every decision off of family, friends, and Carol, only to end up in a worse spot than before. Episode 5 will likely be where she finally realize she must be her own type of hero and not copy-past from others. Then we get the Kamala Khan that most people know her for (the grown up enough era and up).

tho I guess they could’ve just copy-pasted the more simple beginning of her transforming into Carol, as she had fears that a Muslim couldn’t be a superhero like Captain Marvel is

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I got to see the Stanley Cup for real today. The crazy thing about this is that I signed up to go to Denver for Fan Expo which starts tomorrow, and then the Avalanche win the Cup, and the parade was today, the day before the con, and if you thought I was going to miss out on finally getting to see the Cup for real you've got another thing coming. Today, Stanley Cup, tomorrow, Froppy and Todoroki (schedule dependent, of course).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All caught up on Camp Cretacetous.

Can't wait in three weeks for the fifth and final season. Primal season 2 also comes on that day baby! :D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wouldn’t really call it sidelining when every story (main or not) connects right back to her having to accept the consequences in having a destiny she didn’t expect would backfire. The Djinn stuff, to compensate for Earth-19999 currently not using the Inhumans, is to represent how Kamala is the modern day Aisha, and how the bangles allowing her to control the embiggen within her are a curse.

Then of course there’s the rest of the family and friends around her, all being key influences towards how she’ll have to mature and grow as a person across all walks of the life she lives in. It’s why she keeps piling up disappointment after disappointment trying to juggle everything together just so that she can end up in a deeper hole…all just to become a hero Jersey needs. Besides some of the more obvious changes, it’s pretty much like her debut storyline. Trying to base every decision off of family, friends, and Carol, only to end up in a worse spot than before. Episode 5 will likely be where she finally realize she must be her own type of hero and not copy-past from others. Then we get the Kamala Khan that most people know her for (the grown up enough era and up).

tho I guess they could’ve just copy-pasted the more simple beginning of her transforming into Carol, as she had fears that a Muslim couldn’t be a superhero like Captain Marvel is
The thing is though, she doesn’t really have a destiny. Yes:
the bangles tie back to her ancient family. But it’s not her job to free the Jin. None of her current family had any ideas on any of this and it didn’t really affect their lives outside of generational trauma that didn’t correlate to Kamala because before those bracelets she had no insight and thus no impact from these events.

I get the idea they are trying to tell with the story, but it’s just not the best connective tissues imo. I do think the concept of trying to be what her friends want or think to work when we do get to see those scenes, and I think if they incorporated her more people in her life/region think about her as a hero, it could really stand out from normal tropes. Giving us a great depiction of her heritage and region, while also showing how your the only person who can become a hero, you can’t please Everyone. The best way to do good is by being yourself, not trying to stay in different lines while trying to save everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom