• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai would get trillions of views if he made a video documenting every character he ever considered putting in smash at one point or another, and why they didn't work out
True, but at the same time, he might still hope to bring some of those characters back.

Now if some of those characters already are in, it be cool to hear about why they didn’t make it to previous entries.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
True, but at the same time, he might still hope to bring some of those characters back.

Now if some of those characters already are in, it be cool to hear about why they didn’t make it to previous entries.
I mean, he can always put in a disclaimer that some of them might make it to future titles. We already know about a couple characters he's thought about in the past already.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
About to watch The Marvels. Not huge on watching it at 9:00 PM, but it's either that or waiting until next Friday. Or not watching it at all, I guess.

Expectations aren't that high, but my theater has a college kid discount so at least I won't be breaking the bank if it's mid (and I liked CM 1 and Ms. Marvel)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
About to watch The Marvels. Not huge on watching it at 9:00 PM, but it's either that or waiting until next Friday. Or not watching it at all, I guess.

Expectations aren't that high, but my theater has a college kid discount so at least I won't be breaking the bank if it's mid (and I liked CM 1 and Ms. Marvel)
There is nobody here lol. I feel bad for this damn movie
1699669276861.png

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Finished Season 2 of Loki, I am still confident and saying that Loki is the best MCU show

It has me thinking about how all post Endgame MCU could have been rearranged to make things less stagnant and more interesting. If I for some reason was ever in charge of MCU release schedules for the past several years I would, Keep Far From Home but release GOTG 3 and No Way Home as the next projects, and advertise and release them like an Epilogue for Endgame, and then release Loki as the first series instead of WandaVision a year later instead of right after FFH.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Atlus casually dropping sneak peeks of the P3R remixes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Atlus casually dropping sneak peeks of the P3R remixes
the ****ing Bayonettafication of Changing Seasons is winning me

and my god the remix for Living With Determination is beyond godly

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, he can always put in a disclaimer that some of them might make it to future titles. We already know about a couple characters he's thought about in the past already.
Yeah but where’s the fun in that?

if Sakurai went “here’s who you might expect in the next game” that ruins speculation, and would lower hype on any potential reveals.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Giving YYH a dark and gritty trailer when it's amything but is something for sure.

Also it looks boring
I already forgot a good chunk of what I saw, but it honestly looks like an amateurish fan project with the darker and edgier tone, the low budget cosplay booth look, and the terrible CG.

One Piece it ain't

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I already forgot a good chunk of what I saw, but it honestly looks like an amateurish fan project with the darker and edgier tone, the low budget coaplay booth look, and the terrible CG.

One Piece it ain't
Not really a fan if the character designs either, specifically Koenma and Kuwabara.

Also should have casted a 4'11 actor for Hiei

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Not really a fan if the character designs either, specifically Koenma and Kuwabara.

Also should have casted a 4'11 actor for Hiei
Fr I do not understand why they thought having an adult man with a pacifier would look any less ridiculous than the ruler of heaven being a baby.

Also I will not accept Hiei as anything less than a ******

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I made a Sonic Kart Racer roster over the top of MK8D's. I tried to find Sonic character head icons for most of them but sadly, some of them are still just the names in text. But here is what I made. View attachment 380506
So this does make me wonder what a Sonic racing game would be like on the Genesis, usining Super Mario Kart equivalents as a base. So after some brainstorming, I think this would be the final roster
Sonic
Tails
Amy
Knuckles
Eggman
Mighty
Coconuts
Flicky
And the Saturn sequel makes some changes, and these establish the mainstays as they never got cut since this game
Sonic
Tails
Amy
Knuckles
Flicky
Metal Sonic
Vector
Eggman

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Screenshot_20231110-230643-101.png

I'm not going to pretend that it's anything extraordinary but its a pretty solid MCU movie. Im genuinely baffled at the poor reception. Putting my bias aside it's probably a 7.5 at worst.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 380507
I'm not going to pretend that it's anything extraordinary but its a pretty solid MCU movie. Im genuinely baffled at the poor reception. Putting my bias aside it's probably a 7.5 at worst.
I give it an 8 with my only issue being that I won't see MCU Kamala again until Marvel Zombies

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This show makes even less sense after the Marvels. It's almost impressive
1699683431691.png
if If anything, it would work better as a sequel (but it would work best as non-canon)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This show makes even less sense after the Marvels. It's almost impressive
View attachment 380509
if If anything, it would work better as a sequel (but it would work best as non-canon)
Besides Kamala, ignoring all of Secret Invasion was my favorite thing The Marvels did. It’s probably gonna end up being acknowledged in BNW and Armor Wars, but it’s nice to at least feel like Talos and Maria aren’t dead (and that there isn’t some beyond op super Skrull roaming around Earth for nothing)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Quite late with the news, but it is really sad that Coyote Vs Acme is being shelved by Warner Bros. for tax write-offs in a similar fashion to what happened with Batgirl and the Scoob sequel especially when the film had been tested well by audiences and already completed.

There were a couple of leaked behind the scenes footages being posted online before WB pulled them off.

Does WB and David Zaslav hate art and their creative talents?

EDIT: What I meant to say is does WB and David Zaslav not care much about the hard work and effort put within by the creative talents and art?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Quite late with the news, but it is really sad that Coyote Vs Acme is being shelved by Warner Bros. for tax write-offs in a similar fashion to what happened with Batgirl and the Scoob sequel especially when the film had been tested well by audiences and already completed.

There were a couple of leaked behind the scenes footages being posted online before WB pulled them off.

Not hatred, just a stone cold reptilian indifference to anything regarding creativity and passion. Nothing matters except for profit.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

People in the industry realizing that even using one of WB's most famous IPs with a big name star and the director they put in a real high position won't even keep you safe from being removed from history and end up locked away at a guaranteed loss
20231111_133610.jpg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Another supporting artwork for Project Voltage released yesterday, "Feelings and Emotions" by Kei Mochizuki ft. Psychic Miku and the Gardevoir line (except Gallade):

Top Bottom