• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's because it did end.

We've all spent the past decade in purgatory, where we'll all be stuck posting crummy memes and lukewarm takes on Smasbboards.com for the next thousand or so years.
Wdym, Smashboards has some of the hottest takes you'll ever see like "mainline Pokemon is getting stale", "TTYD is the best Paper Mario, "Ganondorf needs a new moveset in Smash" and ever bold "Fire Emblem bad".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, been drawing stuff again. Hope life is treating you guys as well as it can, with all the War BS and Congo BS going on right now. On the bright side the people who worked on Coyote vs ACME get to shop their movie around after the Tax Write-Off crap. And the new Tekken character looks kind of cool.

Anyways, I drew Batman Beyond. Been meaning to get to him since I've draw Spider-Man 2099, who's a personal fave a few times and also Miles Morales who is pretty alright, you'd think Terry would've been done sooner since I also like him a lot.

Wdym, Smashboards has some of the hottest takes you'll ever see like "mainline Pokemon is getting stale", "TTYD is the best Paper Mario, "Ganondorf needs a new moveset in Smash" and ever bold "Fire Emblem bad".
And the bold, Mega Man is Peak Fiction.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Game Awards//Winter of Woe nominees this year are:

Alan Wake 2
Baldur’s Gate 3
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Bros Wonder
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Alan Wake 2
Baldur’s Gate 3
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Bros Wonder
This is just 2017 where it's Breath of the Wild vs Super Mario Odyssey again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Garfield movie trailer

Hearing a normal Chris Pratt voice coming out of Garfield's mouth sounds so off. Otherwise it looks really promising (can't mess up as a badly as the live-action one).

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Alan Wake 2
Baldur’s Gate 3
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Bros Wonder
Aren't all these games considered remarkably good? This is actually a decent line-up for the Game Awards this time.

My bets are on Spider-Man, Zelda and Baldur's Gate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is Ian Flynn even interested in writing game characters these days? The last time I checked IDW comics, it was all his OCs.
He recently wrote for Jet’s gang and unintentionally made Vanilla a meme worthy badass
This is just 2017 where it's Breath of the Wild vs Super Mario Odyssey again.
+ Spider-Man
Idk this is a really strong field. I don't think either Nintendo game will (and imo Mario shouldn't) win GOTY.
I can’t see any other game winning between the Nintendo and Spidey games tbh. That’s a triple threat of god tier gaming right there

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Idk I heard Baldur's Gate and Alam Wake are REALLY good, like out of this entire list Mario is the odd one out
Mario is easily the weakest game there yeah.
Street Fighter 6 should be there instead but as you can see from the eSport nominations, Geoff still hates fighting games that aren't Smash which is only carried by the roster

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Street Fighter 6 should be there instead but as you can see from the eSport nominations, Geoff still hates fighting games that aren't Smash which is only carried by the roster
Tbf Smash did deserve the win when it was nominated (it was a very weak year aside from that).

But on SF6... Mortal Kombat is winning it I fear. And Zelda being nominated for best soundtrack when 90% of it is just BoTW and PUBG getting nominated at all in 2023 is unserious work.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those curious, Best Fighting game nominees are:
God of Rock
Mortal Kombat 1
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2
Pocket Bravery
Street Fighter 6

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For those curious, Best Fighting game nominees are:
God of Rock
Mortal Kombat 1
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2
Pocket Bravery
Street Fighter 6
NASB2.

Yeah, even as someone who's interested in the game, I'm fairly confident that one's not winning lmao.

But on SF6... Mortal Kombat is winning it I fear. And Zelda being nominated for best soundtrack when 90% of it is just BoTW
And while that's a perfectly valid point...

...The drop from Dragon Roost Island/Rito Village in this boss battle song is a thing of true beauty.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Almost forgot, Best Adaptation nominees:

Gran Turismo
The Last of Us
Twisted Metal
Castlevania Nocturne
The Super Mario Bros Movie

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone see the trailer for the Garfield movie?

In Mario, you can tell that Chris Pratt is at least attempting to do a voice. Here it's just Pratt, he doesn't sound like Garfield at all.

Why do we keep getting this guy? :239:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Idk I heard Baldur's Gate and Alam Wake are REALLY good, like out of this entire list Mario is the odd one out
Despite the looks and acid trips, Mario doesn’t feel like an odd man out of the group. Mostly gives me a 2015 feel when Mario Maker went up against a lot of realistic games. As for BG and AW…I got nothing to say on those since I haven’t really looked at anything related to it beyond a MightyKeef skit about getting caught doing the virtual dirty dirty (and then being shamed by the parents catching them)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gravity Circuit could've been in the indie debut section if you ask me. But it is what it is, a lot of these type of award shows have the clear favorites. Though GOTY is fairly stacked. But I do sorta question Mario Wonder's placement, but that might be due to my preference to 3D Mario over 2D Mario.

Almost forgot, Best Adaptation nominees:

Gran Turismo
The Last of Us
Twisted Metal
Castlevania Nocturne
The Super Mario Bros Movie
Twisted Metal Sweep. If only because it's the only thing to make people talk about Peacock the streaming service since...ever really.

Here's the cropped version of the art I posted today.
BB Crop 1.jpg

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, even as someone who's interested in the game, I'm fairly confident that one's not winning lmao.
Still gonna get more votes than...those other two that aren't MK1 and SF6.

They were really desperate to have five choices for new fighting games this year weren't they?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Alan Wake 2
Baldur’s Gate 3
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Bros Wonder
Out of those, I've played Spider-Man, Mario and TotK.

I bought Baldur's Gate 3 the other day since people speak so highly of it I figured it was worth trying. So far my pick for GOTY is easily TotK.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
After what feels like an eternity of playing this game, I finally managed to get Platinum medals for every mission and side story in Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Really thought I was going to have to settle for Gold on a few of them, particularly the DLC missions from the Wii U version, but I persisted and figured out better ways to optimize my routes. I'm definitely no expert Pikmin player but it was still extremely satisfying when things went well.

I still want to get the rest of the badges I'm missing but I think that can wait for when I eventually return to this game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finished voting on the categories I could do. Haven't played much on the lists but a lot Hi-Fi Rush and Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

Top Bottom