• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, my intentions were not of ill harm. I just wanted to expand on something Pink Yoshi said, in a playful way. Plus, pro tip:

Never assume things about someone you don't know. In my case, I am more than meets the eye. Maybe it would be a bit clearer if I could be heard saying what I said.
To be fair, this isn't the first instance where people have called you out on a "joke" post you've directed at someone.

Maybe you just need to be a bit more careful with how your jokes can be interpreted by others.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To be fair, this isn't the first instance where people have called you out on a "joke" post you've directed at someone.

Maybe you just need to be a bit more careful with how your jokes can be interpreted by others.
Perhaps, but I still did not mean harm. Maybe I did not know fully about what I was doing, but I still meant no harm, plus, I just don't like when people assume things about me.....as common as that may be.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Noipoi got this ad

And he and everyone else were rather confused

The biggest worm games I'm aware of are the turn-based strategy ones with exploding sheep, and seeing the Rock in those WOULD be very cool
I saw that. Personally, it has not much meaning to me, since I don't really care about Dwayne.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
well hot damn X-Men 97 really kept Magneto cooking

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I love when a really good song sneaks into your dreams

Like, earlier when I was napping today, "Alive With the Glory of Love" by Say Anything got into my dream (incidentally, said dream was about Ellie from Disventure Camp having a Pokemon battle with Blue, who...had a Tropius for some reason). It was awesome.

Go listen to "Alive With the Glory of Love".

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will probably end up passing. I'm probably the biggest NES/Famicom/FDS advocate currently on this site and this kind of seems like a pricier downgrade to NES Remix. Less games, less challenges, and no "remixes" to keep things fresh. I'm glad that they are releasing a physical version of the game, but overseas getting a fake cartridge vs. Japan getting two controllers doesn't seem like equal value.

If this had 3rd Party games on it, even if it was just standard titles like Mega Man/Ninja Gaiden/Castlevania, this would be much more interesting as a package. $60 was the same MSRP for the NES Classic Edition which came with 30 full games and a controller.

I think this should have been a bonus for the NSO service more than anything. Most of the game is going to be leaderboard/online focused, for which you'll have to buy the NSO service and which already comes with the full versions of the games included here.

The Multiversus box opened and gave us our first character in over 500 days!

It's kind of nice to see a sort of high budget Smash Bros style reveal trailer, but it does leave me with an important question. Where's the gameplay footage?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's kind of nice to see a sort of high budget Smash Bros style reveal trailer, but it does leave me with an important question. Where's the gameplay footage?
They had some stills on their social media, but I see what you mean.

And Multiversus is still an iffy game anyway.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They said the full gameplay reveal will come Monday morning.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So uh something I might be realizing too late, but there's a chance that I might not really enjoy pre-BotW Zelda games. Like in general.

I've played Ocarina of Time and I liked it fine even if it's not the most memorable of experiences in my opinion, but Majora's Mask just kind of had me bored most of the way through even though there was nothing wrong with the game from what I can tell, and so far I'm feeling similarly about Wind Waker after the first dungeon. It's a perfectly fine game but it may just not be for me.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Alright I got hit by an idea. Remember my Pokemon Love Type matchup chart?
1715200432392.png

Well, I initially came up with the type to counter Steel, which is currently what I call the God Type - the best type in the game. And it later became part of a triangle with the Psychic and Dark types, partially to buff the underpowered Psychic type (oh the genwunners would have a stroke if they read that).

Recently though, I got hit with the thematic idea to make Love weak to Fire, to represent "heartburn". However, not only do I think that it'd make the Love type a bit weak as it makes for four pretty-common weaknesses, buuuut since Fire already has the second most resistances in the game, including Fairy, and ALSO counters Steel, making it strong against the Love type would make Fire the NEW God Type, and that's not really something I want. Especially since Fire is a starter type - it'd feel unfair if one of the three starting types is the best in the game by a mile.

Man I just wanna try and make things balanced while also making sense lol

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So uh something I might be realizing too late, but there's a chance that I might not really enjoy pre-BotW Zelda games. Like in general.

I've played Ocarina of Time and I liked it fine even if it's not the most memorable of experiences in my opinion, but Majora's Mask just kind of had me bored most of the way through even though there was nothing wrong with the game from what I can tell, and so far I'm feeling similarly about Wind Waker after the first dungeon. It's a perfectly fine game but it may just not be for me.
That's totally fine, bro.

We all have our own preferences and there's nothing wrong with you enjoying the BotW format more.

At least you gave them a chance. That's what really matters, yeah?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

We all have our own preferences and there's nothing wrong with you enjoying the BotW format more.

Lamperouge, put the gun down.

No seriously! It's not duck nor rabbit season yet, and you're using the wrong gun! :troll:

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I don't know for a fact that I don't like them. I'm gonna finish Wind Waker and then decide how I feel.

It's just BotW and TotK, with as many problems as I have with them, had me hooked on them for days on end while this game is pretty slow to do that. I think a game with the aesthetics of Wind Waker and a slightly improved gameplay to that of BotW would be my favorite Zelda game.

Bu we all know the real best Zelda game is Link Between Worlds anyway

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
if you like shonen manga and you're not reading undead unluck, time to lock in

Top Bottom