• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
As I said.

Canonically Ridley is around IG's canon size so like him he's easier to scale down that wouldn't come off as awkward.

I also recall some folks weren't fans of Ridley being downsized to for that matter. Look, I love Godzilla, I'd love to have him join but I'm not seeing him happen not just for this reason but given licensing issues with Toho.
Then the clear answer is we go the goofy suit actor route.

Just don't let him bite anyone.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
I normally don't post here, but I feel I'm obligated to because of the subject matter:

"Godzilla is too big"
Didn't stop the developers from seriously considering the idea, even down to unused parameters showing he would have been even bigger than Iron Giant when both Giant's and Godzilla's parameters were applied to Batman's model before Giant released, being a head taller IIRC. He was planned as the largest character in the game by far, which would fit regardless if "canon" size is roughly 50 to 100 meters.

And if the "issue" is that it would "look weird" for MonsterVerse Godzilla....there's literally another WB Godzilla to use that no one would care about any size inconsistencies due to being a cartoon.

"Rights issues with Toho"

With all the crossovers and cameos and whatever Toho greenlights all the time, this is a non-issue unless
A. The developers are so strapped for cash they can't pay Toho for licensing
B. Multiversus in particular has elements that goes against Toho's guidelines (i.e. the reason why Godzilla is unlikely to be a skin in Fortnite being because one such guideline is that Godzilla cannot be depicted holding a weapon, which I distinctly remember from discussion on the CoD crossover)

That is all.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see that Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore is on sale.

I plan to get it but at the same time I want to play it with the CD-i controller for Switch that I ordered and waiting to arrive (LRG says that's still months away...)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Started my next game, Metroid Prime. My collection of physical Switch games I own and haven't played is actually thinner than the ones I have played now, which is cool. I aim to make it like one or two boxes by the end of the year

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Disney and Universal Studios really needs to hop on that same train for Platform fighters as Nick and Multiversus has.

They're also both rich in IPs for potential.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Disney and Universal Studios really needs to hop on that same train for Platform fighters as Nick and Multiversus has.

Sorry for repeating this form the MultiVersus thread.
But what if there was a sequel to PlayStation Battle Royale All Stars and featured characters from other Sony branches like Columbia Pictures.
(and if LeBron James can be in Warner's because A New Legacy, in PSASBR2 there should be a musician within the Sony Music label)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So James Gunn and Anthony Star started following each other.

People are hoping it’s reverse flash,

but given the reports that booster gold was just cast and it’s not who we would expect, this makes perfect sense.

Anthony star stepping into a more comedic role to break away from just homelander would not be that surprising:
My personal choice for Gold is Glen Powell but I could see Anthony working out too

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for repeating this form the MultiVersus thread.
But what if there was a sequel to PlayStation Battle Royale All Stars and featured characters from other Sony branches like Columbia Pictures.
(and if LeBron James can be in Warner's because A New Legacy, in PSASBR2 there should be a musician within the Sony Music label)
There really aren’t all that many. It would just be like… ghostbusters and men in black and ironically breaking bad.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Well, one series had bombed and likely won’t be having a third installation, and the other one isn’t officially out for two weeks using a free-to-play model.

I think they’re holding their breath. :sakbanjo:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The compulsion to shiny hunt Pokemon for my Z-A team a year in advance.

The realization that HOME support won’t be available for six months after release.
If we get something like the mass outbreaks again, then shiny hunting should be pretty easy at least

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm starting to think Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games might not happen this summer (unless the upcoming Nintendo Direct says otherwise).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We have to learn what Kevin Afghani's Waluigi is gonna sound like somewhere.
well his Luigi is amazing while his Wario ain’t too bad and Mario…more good has come out of it than bad…but Waluigi is definitely the true test to determine how good he is with these characters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Almost halfway through the year. Figured I list my top 11 films of this year so far and honorable mentions.

1. Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
2. The Beekeeper
3. Abigail
4. Spaceman
5. Orion and the Dark
6. The Fall Guy
7. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
8. Dune: Part II
9. Frogman
10. Lisa Frankenstein
11. Monkey Man

Honorable Mentions: Damsel, I.S.S., Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, Kung Fu Panda 4

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Decided to watch a pelican documentary.

My favorite bird ever with bald eagles as a close second. What is everyone's favorite bird?
This feller: the hooded pitohui
1716092158211.png

It looks normal, but it's actually famous for being one of the few known poisonous birds. Touching them without the proper equipment will lead to unpleasant numbing and burning sensations.

Idk about you but I just think that's very cool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I done unlocked a sinful part of my childhood from a time where I was learning about the Sonic franchise post Brawl and Olympics 2008
and before playing my first Sonic game

Top Bottom